I'm not talking about small bug fixes or simple extra content, but a brand-new playing experience that you can't achieve just playing the original game. For example, many people say that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines turns into a completely different game experience with the help of some mods. Never tried it, but that's what they say.

Please tell why/how they change the game to a brand-new enjoyable experience and, if possible, which mod you're talking about.

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Factorio has some interesting stuff like mods making it more RTS.

2 years ago

X-COM 2: Long War of the Choosen is a great mod and overhaul that brings totally new aspects and layers into the game that I didn't expect possible for a mod.
One complete new aspect is the infiltration time of missions. Your teams needs days to be ready or else you face much more enemies.
So instead of 1-2 squad teams you have in a normal vanilla game you need to mange much more teams and personel becomes and issue that nearly never was in the original game.

Total War Rome 2 - Has also some amazing Mods, sorry don't know the name at the moment, that completely change how the campaign and resources works.

2 years ago

I always tell someone new to pc gaming to get the entire Half Life series, there are sooooo many total conversion mods, that having the series is like having at least 30+ good total conversion mods.

https://half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Mods

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

If you enjoyed the original Diablo 2 and haven't played mods with it, I suggest playing Eastern Sun. While it didn't change the story or items, it is a lot harder, but drops are as powerful as they are rewarding... and you have way more storage space. However, thanks to Blizz once again prevents modding D2 Resurrection by forcing players to stay connected to BNet (just like they did with D3), you can play with friends running the same mod over TCP/IP with the original.

2 years ago

The Dark Mod.
A spiritual successor to the original Thief games by Looking Glass Studios, with many missions to download.
It started out as a total conversion for Doom 3, hence the name, but it's a standalone (and free!) game these days.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.