I never have seen this before any reason why it is at 100% ? https://ibb.co/tqmb20y

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

You probable entered a giveaway with more copies than entries.

Edit: or an equal number of entries and copies.

1 year ago

You are either only entry. Or there is as many or more copies than entries.

1 year ago

Funny never got that kind of luck in last 7 years and won nothing xddd

1 year ago

Win chance is additive over all givaways you entered.
If you are in 5 giveaways with 5 entries each (20%) it will write it as 100%, despite you only have 66% change to win anything if you properly calculate it.

1 year ago

Hm, I always wondered about this... So you are saying the graph shows "expected number of wins" (much quicker to compute) instead of "probability of winning"? And maybe it caps at 100% in order to confuse a few people like me even further?

1 year ago

That's a good question, I don't remember if it can go above 100%, but that would make sense.
We can make a quick test tomorrow if you're interested - I can make two or three private giveaways, send you the links to see how it affects your chances (then post them into one of the fitting topics)

1 year ago

cg just shot down our 2-year research project. Damn. :D

1 year ago

It calculates the probability. If you enter two giveaways, each with a 50% chance of winning, the probability of winning will be 75% on that day. It doesn't simply add them together.

1 year ago

Gee, cg, we were just about to to lots of scientific experiments, spending lots of time and a few GA slots to figure out what calculation is made... then you, the person who actually coded this, comes and actually tell us what the correct thing is?!? ;D ;D :D :D

Thanks, and cheers! :D

Edit: WOOHOO! CG replied to my comment! My CgErdos number is now 1!

1 year ago

This damn admin, barged in uninvited and killed the thread with accurate response!

1 year ago

Now, the only possible course of action is to misinterpret everything and post a completely misleading version of this on reddit:

SG magnate denies wrongdoing, states that 50+50=75

Edit: and now MSKOTOR recognizes my importance too!

1 year ago*

I can if you really want to :blobevi;:

Inappropriate use of comment formatting. The intended use of comment formatting is to improve the readability of your posts. An inappropriate use of formatting would be writing all of your content with headings, or using all caps for your comments.

That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat chance

1 year ago

There it is, the violence inherent in the system! ;D

View attached image.
1 year ago

i call shenanigans!!!

every time i see that i think of x-coms %90 to hit

1 year ago

I remember being in a giveaway of 10,000 copies and 10,003 entrants and I was one of the 3 unlucky ones...

1 year ago

this is just torture, haha, sorry for you man

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.