So ive had this on my wishlist for a while and this is the lowest price so far. Not sure ill play it right away though. Is it a good deal?

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Worth it?

View Results
Yeaahh! :D
Nope :(
Meh, i dont know.
Potato!

Forever Early access survival game ... Nope.

7 years ago

if u like early access games having paid dlc, then go right ahead. personally i think they should build the game before they sell additional content for it though.

7 years ago

I've seen many games with dlc's that is early acces.
I don't get whats wrong with it (other than acually publishing a shit ton).

everyone seem to have such hate about it ._. and not other games.

7 years ago

i don't know of a single one that is paid though.. i don't care if a EA game gives free dlc content upgrades. but trying to make more money off the people that already paid for the game itself and haven't fully received what they paid for yet, don't like to be asked for more money for something they worked on rather then the actual core/base of the game that should of been worked on instead.

tl;dr: i have no issues with them tacking on paid content after the initial content is complete, but before hand and charging is not right in any way.

7 years ago

Oh alright, thanks for talking sense to me. :P

7 years ago

there is nothing wrong, especially with a game like ark wich have way more content than most of others early access games, or even more than released games. Especially since this dlc is not needed at all and is only for people who wanted a change of pace from the original ark and its dino.

7 years ago

Early access means you are paying to get access to the game before it is finished.
DLCs are content released after the release of the game, to expand the already delivered product.

So an early access DLC means a game not yet finished but already delivering post-game content, which means somewhere along the line we skipped the "we finish the game" part and stepped into the "just give us more money" one.

7 years ago

I only have about 130 hours into it, but I enjoyed it quite a bit when I did play (I plan on going back to it eventually).
You're going to need a pretty beefy rig for it to run anywhere near smoothly and look pretty.

For $10 --- If you like dinosaurs, building, and tribal warfare, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

7 years ago

I have an i7 and 1060 6GB and the benchmarks say i can run medium to high :D 100 hours is good for the value imo so i might give it a try :) thanks!

7 years ago

I heard it was decent, if u like dinosaurs and basebuilding + friends to play with, but if not, i dont think it is THAT good of a game

7 years ago

Rust it's better bro ;P

7 years ago

rust... you get killed every single time you enter a game. even if u dont have anything on you

7 years ago

You can always go on x5 x10 or other modified servers and learn how to play ;P

7 years ago

Rust is way worse, at least for me. I just checked, it looks like it have microtransactions now, so it got even worse.

7 years ago

Yeah i just got into Rust and its a lot of fun, just got raided though and now im waiting on a server reset to start over xD

7 years ago

hehe this often happens

7 years ago

The best i can say is watch current videos and see if it something you might enjoy and then decide.If you get on Stean u have two hours to try it that should be enough time to decide.Though given it's been bundled and on sale a lot as of late tells me sales are not so good and maybe even a drop in the player base.Also like most games like this is more less a PVP then a true survival unless you have no life then most likely you will not get much fun out of it.Rust PVP with clans most will require 30+ hours a week to be a part of them I assume pretty much the same here unless you can do PVE servers like in Rust but defeats the purpose if you want it for PVP.

7 years ago*

The game have been in early access for a while vbut the "tek tier" update (probably one of the last with few bug fix) before the realease of the game, and unlike most crap youll see, they have been working relentlessly on it. Updates each weeks, often more than one, adding content again and again, talkng with community about the content, etc. For this price its well worth it but i have to warn you. The game is still full of glitch ! and lately more and more cheaters, it is hard to find adversary who don't have aimbot or are glitchnig through ground to destroy your base... now it looks like the tendency have been for low life hacker in herb who try to ddos or don't know what server to make the opposite tribe lagging whiile they are destroynig their base while opponent cant' do shit... If you want to play ark, go play private server for your own sake, official became unplayable for legit players.

7 years ago*

Watch "Neebs Gaming" channel and decide if the game is for you. He has a ton of Ark videos. They are pretty funny--because Neebs is funny. Personally, unless you have friends to play it with I say no though. Game doesn't look all that great to me.

7 years ago

So much hype surrounding this. It's an awful game with a great concept.
In the end you can do whatever you want but I suggest you avoid it at all costs.
I'm saying this because I really wanted it to be good.

7 years ago

Been on my wishlist for some time mow as well. Just need money. Looks like a great game and from what I have been reading it sounds like it is.

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by vleker.