This is the product of two prime numbers.

2024350343614087005967483595528407128149168383689050518893306563332249979699039584622142667820237987428088888361832538020063454828941458479629419549279471344020692299184430510106603

Be polite and mind your manners, every factor holds a clue at the end of the line.

Since English idioms are a small variable, I'm adding this clue.✨

Some neat tools for puzzles:
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/
https://gchq.github.io/CyberChef/#recipe=Extract_URLs(false)&input=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3RlYW1naWZ0cy5jb20vZ2l2ZWF3YXkvICAgICAvCgkJCQkgICAgXl5eXl4
https://330k.github.io/misc_tools/unicode_steganography.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_number_field_sieve#Implementations

I apologize to anyone who gets a deactivated key ("The product code you've entered has already been activated by a different Steam account."), as most of these are old bundle keys. IndieGala has told me to ask the developers for any replacements if these keys don't work. That's like a store selling me an empty box and telling me to complain to the manufacturer, but I guess IndieGala doesn't have their contact information either. Humble Bundle also ran out of keys for an old game, but they promised to get more, and they sent me an email when the replacement came in.

事件当時の夜中の11時45分(中部標準時)頃、『ドクター・フー』シリーズ中からの一話「ホラー オブ ファン ロック(英語版)」の放送中‌‌‌‌‍‌‌に、PBS (‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‌公共放送サービス) に加盟する放送局WTTW (シカゴ11ch)(英語版)の放送‌‌‌‌‍‌‬‬が、シカゴ9chの事件と同じ人物にジャックされた。このときの音声はゆがんでいてパチパチした音だった。‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‍‍

Thank you cg for this tool for giving Steam keys to strangers, and for helping me when I tried to run this train too fast and it derailed.

Solve the puzzle for a ticket to ride!

Event is OVER. Read Simple Crypto Lesson after solving for a complete walk-through.
Extra clues if you really give up:

• Factoring the large number is a joke, it's meant to be insurmountable and shocking, not frustrating. (from comments)
  • You must guess the URL code. CyberChef is just a cool unrelated thing. (from comments)
  • Completely finding both factors would only save you one or two guesses.
  • You can solve this puzzle without the number, but it adds a dozen guesses.
  • You can skim https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_cryptosystem#Key_generation for small variables.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump!

3 years ago

Seems only 2 people managed to solve it, and over a hundred carts will finish in 10 mins
If you make another puzzle at some point in the future, please never ever ever use the word "simple" again

3 years ago

The puzzle train continues to next Monday.

I'm glad you noticed that it's described as a simple test, and would a simple test require a supercomputer?

3 years ago

Oh no, I meant it more like, what you consider simple is obviously not so simple for the rest of us, since only a couple of people were able to solve it so far
I mean I generally suck at puzzles so its no wonder I can't solve this one either, but when everyone else is stuck too, then it definitely must be hard
Cant really write much more without giving hints about my lackluster progress, I think

3 years ago

27 from the early GAs have been won, the rest can be attached again. They're just bundled games though, and still plenty of time to embark.

I don't think I can give any more clues, they solved it pretty quickly, although a couple only got it when coming back to it with a fresh perspective.

3 years ago

That's fine, will you be writing the solution after the train is over though? I'd think most of us would like to see how far we were from the solution, after the event is done

3 years ago

If I say that, some people may give up. I encourage everyone to keep trying if they like puzzles!

3 years ago

It's gonna be a looong week then, lol
Thanks for the event btw, despite the headache

3 years ago

I remembered the good old days, when the puzzles was fun...aaaand also bump.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Re-attached all the traincars, up to 300 again I think.

3 years ago

All those "1 entries" some high win rate I have to say :D
Will you reveal the solution in ~8hours when the GA are over?

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Well... that was quite the rollercoaster: I came back to this puzzle to give it another try. And when trying something new and very simple indeed just a few minutes ago, after again having spent about another hour on it today, I actually found a 5 digit sequence that would perfectly help with the entry ticket. What a high! Especially after coming back to this puzzle when originally I already had spent about 3 hours on this and failed 4 days ago... Just to get a massive low right after when getting smashed on the ground by what seemed like a perfect sequence which turned out to be a dead end.

3 years ago*

Yes, we've all been there... And back to square one.

3 years ago

That's definitely square 2 or 3. 🤔

3 years ago

Suddenly i wondered did you/how much bl did you get because of this Cryptography test

3 years ago

I feel less dumb seeing the entries on the GAs. Still, it won't help me solve this but I feel less dumb so thanks to all the losers in the thread.

3 years ago

Thank you to all the dumbass out there!!! Let's all the dumbass unite!!!1 :)

3 years ago

Solidarity ✊🏽

3 years ago

I'll definitely need a much easier puzzle next time, to recover from this one

3 years ago

Good to see you back!
And thanks for the dumbass support. Much appreciated

3 years ago

Hey. Thanks for the words. Yeah, I have been away for, like a year :)

And almost first thing I do is trying to do this puzzle.... and failing spectacularly

3 years ago

But but... it's a simple puzzle. :P

3 years ago

Yep. Simple. I bet a twelfth-level intellect like Brainiac would do this in a heartbeat

3 years ago

Still no solver and there are hardcore puzzle crackers around these parts so I feel a little better about my unimpressive maths skills.
Not like it's going to help me win Cyberpunk but I probably couldn't run it anyway lol

3 years ago

I've gone upside down..left and right.. i guess we can take comfort among ourselves :)

3 years ago

I actually love the title: "SIMPLE" Cryptography Test. Damn.....

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Wait don't tell me u didn't see the "only if ur a 5 dimensional existence" piece

3 years ago

Still rather clueless friday bump

3 years ago

Bump for solved

3 years ago

Bump for solved

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Hilarious surprised face expression! <3

3 years ago

Solved bump!

3 years ago

Steganography = aight
Kitchen = aight
Msieve = not aight

orz

3 years ago

So i got the "easy" part done that a lot of people seem to get, but it's just a dead link. I assume you have to change 1 character of it or something like that, but damn this is hard. Well done ionface

3 years ago

Got the first part that many others seem to have gotten. Not sure exactly what to do with it because I kind of expected to get 2 numbers out of it based on one of your hints. If I'm suppose to figure out this second number, I'm not exactly sure how.

3 years ago

Well now that it's over, any way you could give us the solution? I don't mind feeling dumb, especially when numbers are concerned but I like to learn from my failures.
Or would any of the 7 people who solved it care to share their process (unless you all bruteforced it, be honest :P)

3 years ago

I vote for that.

3 years ago

Only ionface can give you guys an answer.
https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/ymhZR7e

3 years ago

I'm guessing that because there were some games that got zero entries, ionface will add an extra clue and redo the leftover giveaways

3 years ago

Heh the puzzle that lasted all year. One week at a time.
I feel bad that he made all these GAs. Even ESGST, it's a pain to make more than 10!

3 years ago

No doubt, I thanked cg because this wouldn't have been possible without some hands-on help from that guy. ESGST has failed me a lot with this train, even in sending keys. Every script should have the capability to handle timeouts or limits without just breaking.

3 years ago

cg is the best, no doubt!
ESGST has its uses but handling something like that may be beyond its capabilities.
Anyway sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped and kudos on the work you put in it.

3 years ago

I was just gonna dump them in a normal GA, but I can make a new train for this forum.

3 years ago

It is understandable that the purpose of the puzzle organizer should be respected.

However, when I created a puzzle in the past, was worried because there was a person who brute force or something and interrupted the middle of the train and invaded without solving the puzzle itself.

In any case, it's okay if the answer includes SGTools ...
If not, the truth is in the dark.

3 years ago

This was a bit too good of a puzzle (it seems), seeing all sub-5 entry (including zero entry) ones.

3 years ago

Closed 1 year ago by ionface.