I'm guessing there's limited interest in Stadia games here but I'm personally willing to spend ~$1 to check out Borderlands 3 and figured someone else might be as well.

Stadia Sale - ~$11

• Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition
  • PGA TOUR 2K21
  • Zombie Army 4: Dead War Deluxe Edition

Stadia Pro - $10 discount coupon for first time Pro subscribers

Edit: As pointed out in the comments the coupon can, most likely, be used towards the payment of any game in their library

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Yes. I tried to make that obvious with the headline formatting and also in the text provided

3 years ago

DOA

3 years ago

You can also pick any title for free which is cheaper than 10 dollars like elder scroll online, doom 64, superhot games or hotline miami

3 years ago

Yes indeed. This is a good point although it seemed obvious to me personally.

The coupon can be used for any game in their not so extensive list as far as I can tell.

Stadia Games

3 years ago

I'm finding conflicting information in regard to keyboard and mouse support for Stadia games. Are there any current Stadia users here that could shed some light on this topic?

I'm beyond horrible at playing these kinds of games (Borderlands) with a controller and if there's no proper input control support even $1 is too much for me personally.

3 years ago

It is possible to play with keyboard+mouse AND also supported controllers. So no problem there.

3 years ago

That is good news. Even if it's supported only on Chrome browsers, as I've seen hinted elsewhere, it would be good enough for me

3 years ago

I was thinking about get it, but don't know... Is it worth this kind of FPS games with stadia? I played a Pac-man demo a while ago and the latency was noticable.

3 years ago

I've only ever tried the Fenyx Rising demo on Stadia and that for a very brief period of time but I don't think I'm going to have much trouble in regard to input lag, to be honest. This is probably most likely due to the fact that I'm thankfully not very sensitive when it comes to issues like these.

The major concern for me personally is the lack of mod support but I'm willing to treat it as an extended trial of sorts.

3 years ago

I just got it and have to say that is really bearable to play. Obviously it doesn't feel like youre running the game (i'm used to play 1440p 144Hz), the game seems to be capped at 30 or 60Hz, but the latency problem doesn't seem as bad as i remember.

3 years ago

I picked it up as well now. I'm a little disappointed that I seem to be capped at 1080p bandwidth even with Pro playing on a 1440p screen. I expected to be able to utilize the bandwidth for better picture clarity. The picture looks noticeably blurry to me. I'd say it's even worse than normal 1080 scaling on a 1440 screen.

3 years ago

I'm really surprised, started the game Borderlands 3 on my Android phone (OnePlus 7 Pro, that have 90Hz 1440p display) and it's running with better frames and better quality on android than PC... I'm doing something wrong?

3 years ago

I found out about "Stadia Enhanced" Chrome Extension, that can force 1440p and better decoding. Just select 1440p resolution and VP9 quality, worked fine for me.

3 years ago

That's a good find. Thank you for the effort.

I've tried running the service from a few of my devices and I figured it should run on pretty much anything since it only requires VP9 decoding and is streaming. I won't run on my TV, Nvidia Shield, or Xbox Edge without extra steps which is kind of disappointing. I thought this was supposed to be a user-friendly service and not something you'd have to fiddle around with to get working.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

3 years ago

stadia?

Yes. I really do wonder about the point of this apparent confusion. As I stated in the first reply of this thread I tried to make it as obvious as possible. Is it possible to make it any more clear in your opinion?

3 years ago

I dont think the problem is that they dont understand thats its on Stadia.
The problem seems to be that its on Stadia.

First reply: On the Stadia, though? [disappointed gif]
Second reply: Stadia [No deal gif]

I thought they made it obvious in their text and visual help.

3 years ago

I guess this is a reasonable interpretation. It's my fault for not comprehending that some people are this poor at written communication.

Second reply: Stadia [No deal gif]

You forgot the question mark

I thought they made it obvious in their text and visual help.

I guess it's only obvious if one is expecting nonsense memes instead of serious replies.

3 years ago*

Well, guess it's the last effort to get it going. I mean Stadia. Let's see if it will...

3 years ago

I doubt the current model will gain much traction or at least I hope it won't. That would be horrible. GFN would have been a great supplement to "normal" gaming.

3 years ago

Picked it up already! Had been waiting for BL3 Ultimate to hit a decent price point, so this was a nice discount to see (been on Stadia since launch). Played it on Stadia already during a free weekend and it was mostly more of the same, but less so, versus BL2.

3 years ago

As you're an experienced user compared to me you wouldn't happen to know if and how we can change the interface language?

3 years ago

Unfortunately I've never had cause to... will try to remember to check it out when I get home.

3 years ago

No worries. Just thought I'd ask in case you had tried. I'll figure it out eventually

3 years ago

Wait, do you need to have an ongoing pro subscriction in order to play the games you buy or they stay even when it expires?

3 years ago

You only need the subscription to play in 4k resolution or with HDR enabled. Without the Pro subscription active you're limited to 1080p streams.

3 years ago

yikes stadia, nope

3 years ago

I'd be interested in getting a free game but it doesn't seem to be possible to see what the prices are without having an account.

Could someone make a list of all the games under $10?

3 years ago

That's odd. I question this tactic but I guess it's a calculated move to get people to sign up. I see this on streaming sites as well. No way to list the contents without an actual account.

I found a recent article on Android Authority who has a game list though

Stadia Games

Edit: I managed to sort my list on price eventually so I can list the ones that are likely to be below or at the $10 mark. Mind that this is converted from my local currency though.

• Doom 64
  • One Hand Clapping - EarlyAccess
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Standard Edition
  • SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE Premium Edition
  • UNO®
  • République
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Hotline Miami
3 years ago*

Thanks.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

I've tried the free games Super Bomberman and Destiny 2. Both play with impressive lag, but image quality on destiny is horrible, it looks super low res and the compression artifacts are very noticeable. How does Borderlands 3 look compared to that? Reading on the forums D2 is supposed to be one of the polished titles.

D2 wasn't easy to find without a search, I'll link it if anyone needs it.

Link to Destiny 2: https://stadia.com/link/XZE7ZdXjsB3BqvHS9
Link to Bomberman: https://stadia.com/link/3sMfTr8nii2Kd1Bq9

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

What exactly works better in incognito? ;ö

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

crucible in destiny 2 with lag is cancer, like any competitive fps

3 years ago

You'd only play against other Stadia users, right? So equal footing, given a useful internet connection.

3 years ago

The links I used:
https://stadia.google.com/games/destiny-2
https://stadia.google.com/games/super-bomberman-r-online

For free (1080p) Destiny 2 is super smooth for me, but also really blurry pixel soup compared to playing it 'properly'. There was a one-second lag spike every 20-30 minutes.

3 years ago

I've just used the links they posted on their blog, the site isn't really user friendly.

Lag wise it is impressive, but the quality lacks. I've found out since that there are chrome extensions that allow you to force 4K/VP9 even on 1080 displays (Pro plan required for that though). So it could be a non-issue for some.

I'm also trying to get a GeforceNow code, if activation works without a 3000 series card. Have too many games to play already, but for ~$10 for a yearly plan, worth a shot.

3 years ago*

I'm also trying to get a GeforceNow code, if activation works without a 3000 series card. Have too many games to play already, but for ~$10 for a yearly plan, worth a shot.

Interweb says the activation requires a 3000 series card, but perhaps asking a friend is an easy fix. Unless they have/had access to the promo too, because it's not only one per account but also one per card. Jeez.

3 years ago*

Yes, it does not activate without a 3000 series, it did in the past that's why there's some conflicting info out there.

Got one eventually with activation but the input lag makes it unplayable for me for most types of games (Stadia was perfect in comparison in that regard). They say the service is in its worse state due to Cyberpunk launch. I'll probably move to fiber in a couple months, if that doesn't improve it I'll just gift it to someone.

3 years ago

There are currently 33 free games that Pro subs can claim, with the free trial it's worth grabbing. You do need a card of some kind even for the free trial or to use the $10 coupon for free game.

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
3 years ago

when pro trial ends you must pay for them tho

3 years ago

You are half right but some games get taken out of the free list later so if you've claimed them they stay in your library. Then if you ever pay for stadia pro in the future you can play them again without buying them. For example, I got the Serious Sam Collection free back in the days and it says I'd need to "restore pro to play" but a new account can't claim it for free anymore.

Obviously better to get if there's a game you want to try out, some games that haven't been discounted or bundled like Risk of Rain 2 etc ya know.

The $10 free game should be free to keep though even without pro(?)

3 years ago

The $10 free game should be free to keep though even without pro(?)

It's not actually a free game it's just a game you buy with a voucher for $10 so like any game you buy on Stadia you will have access even without a Pro subscription.

3 years ago

To those who own this relic.
What advantage is there to owning this piece of streaming hardware when compared to gforce now or psnow.
I heard the input lag was very noticeable, plus you need to buy games anyway.

3 years ago

Tried Destiny 2 over here, didn't notice any lag (which was not the case with PSNow).
Being so, 1€ for Borderlands 3 isn't a bad deal at all (I've spent 1€ on way worse games, and I still get to try a couple of games from Stadia Pro for a month, like Risk of Rain 2).

EDIT: Also tried BL3 and Steamworld Dig on my cell phone... the on-screen controller works way better than xCloud's or Steam's. Both games were actually.... "playable" on a cell phone, which is, to me, quite an achievement.

3 years ago*

I tried a lot of games (Stadia arrived monday on my country) with a 30Mb/s connection on cable and i never got any kind of lag not even input lag, i'll be honest i was awed how smooth the gameplay was, my pc only supports 1080p never tried 4K

3 years ago

Input lag has not been noticeable at all for me unless my connection itself is having an issue (router reboot, good again). I don't have an amazing connection -- 25 to 50 Mbps, depending on how crappy my ISP feels like being. Destiny 2 is free, try it out yourself if you're curious.

My PC is over a decade old now, and can't parse the codec quickly enough. Still plays DOOM okay, BioShock Infinite ran fine, but Arma 3 was definitely not happening. Stadia on that PC gets choppy -- my guess is that those with poor experiences have had a similar issue with either their hardware or their connection. My girlfriend's older MacBook plays completely smoothly. I usually play via the Google CCU thingy plugged into my monitor's second HDMI input (don't have a TV).

I played Dying Light on GFN during the beta days. Worked pretty well, but for me, Stadia's consistency was even better. I also have a ShadowPC to play anything at all that I have on Steam -- so I can finally play Arma 3 with that. Games don't suddenly become unavailable on Stadia or Shadow.

Stadia has been pretty convenient -- the major selling point of Steam for me. Purchase - Play. Instead of purchase, download/install, wait for my crappy pc to load, play. Especially with game updates -- there's no wait at all there. But this is more of a general streaming service benefit.

The only consoles I've owned past the pre-Nintendo years were an original Gameboy and a Wii. I am not already part of the Xbox/PlayStation ecosystem. I decided to try things out with Google because I know they have the infrastructure to support this kind of project.

Also, the Stadia controller is actually really nice, and it's neat to see what my co-op buddies are seeing in real-time when playing The Division 2, and I like being able to capture a quick screenshot or 30 second video with a button press on the controller.

Also also, I only planned originally to get Cyberpunk on Stadia since I knew my PC wouldn't run it. And that was the only game I'd meant to play on the service. But I still have the Pro sub just over a year later, and a nice collection of titles as a result. And I've purchased a dozen or so other titles since prices were (surprisingly) actually comparable to decent PC sale prices (not often, but on rare occasion). And the community had a lot of growth in the last two months due to some free hardware promotions Google did, so finding multiplayer games is a little easier, but I'll admit that that is one of Stadia's weaker points for games that don't have cross-play.

tl;dr: games don't disappear, reliable service; no input lag. ymmv.

3 years ago

I've been playing a bit of ESO. The input lag is noticeable, but I wouldn't say very. It's mostly fine until it isn't and you notice, and then it goes back to being fine. So more noticeable in being inconsistent, but mostly decent. Admittedly an MMO is used to dealing with lag so it might be more noticeable in other games.

The visuals are by far my biggest complaint. I have a 1440p display but it still seems like it streams at 1080p, you can not change any visual settings at all, and the game frequently downgrades the video quality into a smeary mess. Even when the video quality is at its best it's still noticeably compressed compared to playing on the computer, especially the text. I don't mind it for free, and it's surprisingly functional, but no way would I pay the going rate for games on Stadia instead of a platform with actual ownership and control, and paying for Pro is useless when its primary selling points are better video quality that the service can't do anyway and random "free" games that you'd be much better off paying for individually.

Edit: my connection is 150Mbps and the computer can run ESO at max settings natively, so as far as I'm concerned the issues are on stadia's end.

3 years ago

Thanks. For 1€ it's worth the try.

Just a warning for anyone using Firefox, for some weird reason my payment always failed in the last step, asking me to add another credit card. I switched to Chrome and it worked fine.

3 years ago

Sale over, or doesn't apply in Sweden.
Borderlands is 1099 SEK, with the 100 SEK reduction, that's still 999 SEK (appr $119).
PGA Tour & Zombie Army both sit at 599 SEK, with the 100 SEK reduction that's 499 SEK (appr $60).

3 years ago

The sale ended rather quickly. I was actually pondering picking up PGA in case I ever got some gaming minded people together at some point but procrastination saved me some money yet again.

Can't say that I'm very impressed with the service though. Even as I'm not very sensitive to graphics or input lag it's easy for me to notice the inferior state in both regards. This coupled with the fact that I don't even have access to most normal settings in the game, let alone access to ini-editing, makes playing games on this service severely inferior to playing on even a middling computer.

3 years ago*

Yeah, well... This is most likely the future, even if it now sucks Donkey Kong...
We might be old farts by the time this type of service really takes off, but it is fun to see it in its beginning days.

3 years ago

Promo is back however with different titles you can buy for that 10$

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.