So I just managed to install Win 10, greeted with problem with the Wireless Driver (MEANING INTERNET PROBLEM)..

Contacted Win Support Desk for help, just like many many support tech, their answer is:

PLEASE DO A FRIGGIN CLEAN INSTALL OF YOUR .............
(Yeah, delete everything and start from 0)

Read some stuff online, seems that my problem is quite common with Toshiba + Win 10 installation.

• Their answer online is to uninstall and reinstall previous version.
  • My answer is Roll Back Driver (Faster, Easier - If you could still do this of course).

Wasted a lot of time with Microsoft Support only to find answers myself =(

Whats your experience with Win 10 & Microsoft Edge?

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you upgrade to Win 10?

View Results
Yes
No
NEVER!!!!
Mac / Linux / Other OS?
Alien ! ! !

I wish I can add to the Votes: "Wish I did not upgrade" option =(

8 years ago

Yup.

8 years ago

Wiped My Documents, had no backup.

10/10 would upgrade on day 1 again.

On the plus side though, upgrading from 7 it DOES feel a lot snappier.

8 years ago

Ouch.. If you wiped them, might as well upgrade.. To your previous Win OS..

8 years ago

While that may suck,you can not blame the upgrade or windows for your lack of backing things up,never do an upgrade or any major change without backing up files you can not afford to lose or want to.You should always have a backup anyhow of stuff you do not want to lose as you never know when shit will hit the fan so to speak.

I actually have had no issue with Windows 10 so far but i have not fully jumped in still have to finish up installing said games to Steam and what not.So far though i have not run into any major issues i did back up everything i did not want to lose in case all hell broke loose.

8 years ago

Backing up is no problem. The pain is redoing everything like before..

Your settings / preferences / custom this & that, etc2..

8 years ago

It is a pain but did a clean install of windows 8.1 then did the upgrade it more of a pain but not any more then doing an upgrade strait from 8.1 to 10 just to do a clean install anyhow.

Though really it took my pc just a few minutes to backup settings and documents and so on,i keep my music and games and other stuff on a usb drive so if anything goes to hell on windows i have little to restore,all with Windows 10 you can use Skydrive to backup files for you if you put them in the folder it will due it for you or you can do it manual might not be a bad idea.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

go on c:\ there should be a folder named Windows.old, see if there's something left there D:

8 years ago

i upgraded, and have no problems.Sorry man :(

8 years ago

The lucky one.. Apparently my problem is quite common with Toshiba Laptop and Atheros Wireless Driver..

Updating to the latest Atheros driver would cause the problem.. Otherwise, all smooth.. But of course we dont know this when we install it ><

8 years ago

Weird. I have a Toshiba as well. Maybe you should try contacting the toshiba guys?

8 years ago

Toshiba support? (They dont have anyone there)..

Emailed them months ago about stuff, no reply yet.. Maybe next year ><

8 years ago

But All good now.. Muahahaha..

Imagine NO INTERNET for who knows how long.. Oh the misery.. (First World Problem)..

8 years ago

Glad to know that you fixed your problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 years ago

me 2

8 years ago

Honestly that's more Toshiba's fault than Microsoft's.

8 years ago

Actually its Atheros Driver's fault.. Not all Toshiba have this problem and only with the latest Atheros Driver..
Previous driver works fine.. I roll it back and voila, instantly fixed the problem.. Otherwise I wont be here now =)

8 years ago

Yeah, you're completely right. I hope they get an update rolling soon.

8 years ago

I had driver issues also, though mine were Nvidia drivers. Simple enough to fix, since I just needed to clean uninstall the old drivers so Windows could stop failing, but still annoying. Otherwise, though, I've been liking W10.

8 years ago

Using 10 since first preview build, no probs w/ update or anything else except Intel drivers for laptops (Mine is too old to work properly) :D I don't count some SSOD (Sad Screen Of Death :D) happened during preview program

8 years ago

SO happy to see all the replies.. It means I am alive and my internet is alive too ><

Any thoughts on Microsoft Edge??

8 years ago

Very fast and smooth, but since it have no addons and missing some features (like highlight non-clickable link to open it) I am still using Chrome. AAAAAAnd cuz Cortana is not avaliable in my region yet

8 years ago

You can actually change some stuff to activate Cortana.. I heard..

Not available in my region too but will try to make it available..

Note:
Have Cortana Beta (Not released, apk file) for my Samsung Phone =)

8 years ago

Since English is not official lang in my country, people are looking strange to me when I trying to act Cortana on my phone... So I decided to wait until "she" will speak my lang :D And Cortana is missing some region-based recomendations and so and so, I can only ask "her" to tell me a joke and shuffle my music

8 years ago

I got Cortana working now.. Its fun little thing about Win 10 =)

8 years ago

I know how to enable Cortana, but I don't want it

8 years ago

From my experience it seems to run quite slow on some certain sites I use compared to other browsers. I don't know why that is, but other than that it's pretty quick.

8 years ago

Upgraded with no issue.

8 years ago

for people with extended attributes error, right click the volume icon, go to sounds, look for the user account control sound and change it to none, i know it doesnt make sense but solved it for me

8 years ago

Copied from other thread about Win10

View attached image.
8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

As for gaming, DX12 should be huge advantage in near future

8 years ago

Rather give up gaming. Win 10 is mining personal data like there is no tomorrow. But, hey, people love to go public anyways...

8 years ago

People have reported somewhat better framerates on W10, ranging from just a few frames to making unplayable games bearable. I haven't personally tested with any benchmarks, but some things run a bit smoother and I notice that my idle resource usage is lower than W8.1.

8 years ago

Mine actually boot a little slower.. But maybe because there are things that I havent optimized yet, 1st few hours with Win 10,,

8 years ago

Are you sure you installed the actual released OS and not a tech preview? There was a tech preview version that messed up wi-fi and you couldn't use it until you rolled back (had it myself). This was fixed with a later update.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I installed it on a Dell laptop.

8 years ago

I downgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 as well and am not having hell. My internet keeps turning off, while the modem and router are all working fine. Been like that for the past 24 hours/ Rebooted multiple times. I can't even play Tera anymore due to this. nor even watch Youtube.

8 years ago

i did the upgrade on my laptop a couple days ago; only things that are worse are it didn't keep my start screen groups and just lumped everything together (easy to fix) and its bug where new windows explorer windows cascade down+left from where the previous window was even if it was already closed. even the horribly finicky cisco vpn client is still working! so overall it's been great there. my desktop is still running the insider preview because it doesn't expire for a while and it's nice to be able to double-check if something's actually changed.

for anyone interested, my laptop is an asus ultrabook with core i3 and intel graphics. my desktop is a custom build i5 with core i5 and geforce 660

8 years ago

i only upgraded from windows XP to windows 7 like six or seven months ago, nope, i ain't upgrading again anytime soon.

8 years ago

edge, fast but no use until addons/extensions are available. Can't live without SG extensions, ghostery, ublock, RES, steam extesions, etc.

Also just trying it with my laptop right now. Made me buy a msata ssd to upgrade my laptop and install win10 there.

Cortana is not bad, but I was expecting more on her answers. Like easy ones like, what's happening tomorrow, or what's happening in july 1. I don't know how to feed her decimal numbers for conversion,

Gaming perf difference is none right now so I'm sticking with win8.1 on my desktop, where I do my "private" stuff and email shits

8 years ago

Good idea.. Guess my Laptop aint so private anymore now..

Want to buy Surface 4 when its out in the future.. That too prob will be Win 10.. Guess I aint private anymore now =(

8 years ago

But even with all those add-ons, will it still be private? I read somewhere that W10 is very intrusive of your privacy. Apparently it can save your documents and email etc. and send it to Microsoft, so that they can use it to tailor their ads specifically towards you. Its all there in the EULA.

Also while cortana is not bad, you need to remember that it is powered by Bing under the hood and Bing has always been inferior to Google.

8 years ago

Upgraded two and its really good but lots of update still going on dont really know what the heck they are updating so much! Its fast and best of all they are going on mining our usage, I think thats the reason they gave it for free!

8 years ago

edge?

View attached image.
8 years ago

Haha.. But it really is surprisingly faster than Chrome.. Or so it seems..

Still using Chrome though, we'll see in a few months if Edge is Good or not =)

8 years ago

Got it yesterday, pretty slow sometimes, startup time has increased from Windows 8.1 and Photoshop was looking all weird so I had to update graphics drivers, then defragment and clean my hard-drive like 3 times. But all is good, I like it

8 years ago

I don't have any problems with it, but it did break NBA 2k15 though.

8 years ago

Upgraded both my desktop and laptop. No problems so far. Edge is a bit lacking in features and the GUI of edge is a bit too touch pad-y. The GUI of windows 10 is really nice. The best of windows 8.1 but even better.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

To the OP...
The Driver is out of date. It looks like there isn't a Windows 10 version for the hardware in question.
Make sure to check that there is a Windows 10 driver for your hardware, and make sure you have the latest software updates.

8 years ago

Actually the latest driver is the one causing the problem (I updated the driver to the latest a few days before installing Win 10)..

Rolling back the driver in Win 10 actually works, thankfully it works =)

8 years ago

My only problem is that my fan runs a bit louder and is a bit warmer than normal. Its an old and not very good/powerful laptop though. Apart from that its fine.

8 years ago

Getting a new PC in a few weeks so it will wait.

8 years ago

Wait till Oct or so.. Microsoft Surface 4 =P

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.