What a steal :)

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

$1400 is already a lot just for a GPU that alone consumes up to 450 Watts.

1 year ago

+1. But hey, it's for the people that can afford it. More power to them. I'm happy with my ignorance of what a better performing machine would be. If I got used to someone awesome then had to scale back, THAT would be tough.

1 year ago

More power to them

I laughed ^^

1 year ago

Ha! No pun intended. Pure coincidence. :)

1 year ago

+1. But hey, it's for the people that can afford it. More power to them. I'm happy with my ignorance of what a better performing machine would be. If I got used to someone awesome then had to scale back, THAT would be tough.

I paid around $1000 on my "ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX GAMING O8G 8GBDDR5X 256-bit (STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING)" when it came out. Was it worth the price? Absolutely not. Was it a great GPU? Obviously, it still is, even by today's standards. The fact is GPUs are massively overpriced due to various ever-growing reasons (crypto, global chip shortage, greed, hype, marketing, old reasons, new reasons, mixed reasons, etc). Unless in very specific cases it's almost always not worth the investment. But as we can't do without them either, sometimes it's a guilty pleasure. Still, that doesn't change the fact it's a bad investment.

To put things into perspective, the same amount of money I spent just on my GPU, if I had invested it in BTC on the same day I bought my GPU it would have resulted in a $40525 profit today. Multiply that by 6 if we're considering my whole setup. But hey, I was among the first to have one of the best GPUs on the market at that time so that should be priceless right? LOL :)

1 year ago

I maintain my own sanity by buying and never price-checking every again. What you're doing I consider self-torture.

1 year ago

I maintain my own sanity by buying and never price-checking every again. What you're doing I consider self-torture.

Not really, just life experience. One cannot know the best course of action but can improve based on their experience. So even if it looks like a loss, in the end it's still a win if you make the best out of it. One who's afraid to make mistakes cannot improve.

1 year ago

Well back then, i could afford a 2080TI but our electricity (and gas) prices really went up by alot, and it only gets worse (nothing ever gets cheaper anymore)

Apparently (and most likely) the new cards will even draw 600 Watts.

I went from a GT 430 to a 2080TI i wouldn't want to go back either. :p

1 year ago

Apparently (and most likely) the new cards will even draw 600 Watts.

LMAO, my AC consumed yesterday 710Wh (avg ~88,75Wh per hour) in 8 hours while cooling the house. A GPU consuming 600Wh per hour is beyond ridiculous.

1 year ago

+1, but i bought around May a 3070Ti.
Fortunatly I not using gas and because of the prices solar panel improvement is currently being added to my house during August.
But shocked anyone from Holland cant afford the most expensive stuffs, average salary should be about 2,5-3* more there than mine in EastEU, and I have an above average salary here as software developer.

1 year ago

Yeah but it doesn't matter what salary you get when other prices are rising through the roof. ;) Apparently if you get a new energy contract right now, you gonna pay 3x more up to 6000 a year. That's a few months salary for people. I hear alot of "i can't afford that" on twitter but we don't demonstrate and all just let it go. Also our inflation is up to 10% or something.
A lot of companies got consumed with greed, they always want profit each year, and raise their prices each year instead of it going down.

Yes atm i still live at home, and i know i will never get a high paid function, but doesn't mean i am not very worried any less, my biggest wish in life is still getting some children, but how do i ever build something up? Provide for them properly?

I am not a conspiracy thinker, but the WEF (which alot of our ministers, mayors and other high ranked people are members of by "coincidence") their motto is they want you to have nothing, not even a car of your own. And we are going a long way with this.
Meanwhile we welcome refugees enmass, and they get everything free, a house, healthcare, pocket money, but if the dutch person can't afford their electricty bill, it's just tough luck and a cold winter or worse just be on the streets.

I read yesterday a comment how your dad (or any male) back in the 80-90's could afford a house while the woman stayed at home with the kids, go on a holiday etc now even with 2 incomes you can barely buy a house (not to mention we got a shortage of houses), let alone afford a vacation.

1 year ago

Now imagine that you live in Brazil, and the cheapest EVGA 3090 TI is R$ 13.400,00 (approx. US$ 2600), almost 5x my current salary.

1 year ago

Eh o cúmulo do ridículo msm ¬¬

1 year ago

Aqui deste lado do oceano a coisa não é diferente :)
Ou és menino filho de pai rico ou tás tramado :)
Continuamos então com nossos rigs da idade da pedra a tentar jogar alguma coisa :)

1 year ago

Still at least 600 to go...

1 year ago

That's less than I paid for my 3080 last year >_<

1 year ago

Now lets see them drop a 3060 to 300 dollars or a 3050 to 200 dollars

1 year ago

Time to break the piggy bank

1 year ago

At this price you may as well wait for the new GPUs from both Nvidia and AMD to drop by the end of the year.

Side note: the 3090 Ti is not the only card that is being reduced. They are trying to get rid of stock before the next generation launches.

1 year ago

It's kinda crazy to see GPU manufacturers squirm since we're heading into a recession and these dudes still trying to peddle enthusiast level gear as if like half the world ain't just another month away from homelessness, hunger and everything else. Takes a level of notable wealth to afford that gear these days. Funny how the older generations seemed like the absolute peak of GPU costs. Now buying a GPU that's so high end is some ultra "Let Them Eat Cake" moment.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.