When my GTX 295 fried in March, I went to Best Buy and picked up a 560ti as a placeholder while waiting for either the GTX 680 or the ATI 7990 to be in stock.

I am glad it was only a placeholder...only supported 2 monitors at a time and I was spoiled by the 3 that my GTX 295 supported. The GTX 680 supports up to 4 monitors, so looks like I can get another in the near future as I have 2 monitors and my 46" 1080p tv (for movies/tv shows/being lazy and playing with wireless 360 controller on the couch) as displays currently.

Today was my last chance at ordering a card if I wanted 0-2 day downtime, and I got lucky that it was finally in-stock. Otherwise I would have had to go with an older generation card and I only upgrade cards every few years.

This is the card I ended up ordering and am excited for it to get here!

EDIT: Here is one of the GPU's in my GTX 295 when I took it apart after failure

EDIT 2: Hidden giveaway ended. If you clicked the g in my link for the graphics card it led to this giveaway: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/40r7v/nuclear-dawn. There were only 3 people who entered.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

O.o some1 is rich XD

1 decade ago

Not rich, 6 month no interest financing...I am far from rich. However $100/month for a beastly single gpu card is doable.

1 decade ago

I still I have nvidia geforce 9500GT... XD someday change my video card.. ΒΊ-ΒΊ

1 decade ago

If my old one wasn't fried (won't even display on any monitor), I'd donate it to you :(

1 decade ago

:D

1 decade ago

"Limit 4 GTX 680's per household"

Edit: my GTX 280 also died on me this january (well not really died, but I could not longer use 3D applications or play 3D games) and was replaced with a GTX 560, which IMO had the best value for money back then.
Edit 2: I picked one without casing - hoping it will cool better.

1 decade ago

Yeah I saw that, I was like who has enough to buy 4 at once o.O

EDIT: The 560 was very nice for it's price, but I need support for at least 3 monitors and don't want to run SLI. (If I wanted to I have 3x SLI support on my motherboard, but just don't want to deal with it.)

1 decade ago

I still have my good old GTS250, had to postpone the new computer acquisition for the moment.

1 decade ago

That sucks :( What were you planning on getting?

1 decade ago

Thats a good card for a nice price.
I'm waiting for gtx670 to be released and then choose between it and 7870.

1 decade ago

btw ninjas...there is a giveaway with 30 seconds remaining.

EDIT: Giveaway ended. If you clicked the g in my link for the graphics card it led to this giveaway: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/40r7v/nuclear-dawn

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by killergp123.