View attached image.
4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Pause?

View Results
Um, yes.
No, I like it.
Calling fake now.

Thats an excellent bundle for every gaming taste.

4 years ago

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition 78% of 12,947 reviews ? Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial
Blasphemous 80% of 1,878 reviews ? 24,99€
Void Bastards 86% of 1,601 reviews - ? 29,99€
Phantom Doctrine 73% of 1,770 reviews ? 39,99€
Dead In Vinland 80% of 457 reviews ? 19,99€
Horizon Chase Turbo 95% of 916 reviews ? ?
Dark Future: Blood Red States 81% of 107 reviews ? 20,99€
Desert Child 83% of 36 reviews - ? 9,99€
Aegis Defenders 75% of 91 reviews - ? 19,99€
X-Morph: Defense 92% of 930 reviews ? 19,99€

Chart created with Lex's SG Chart Maker

4 years ago

well thanks for the list. confirms to me that i didn't want any. if there was 1 then id probably be willing to try tomb raider with it but nope

4 years ago

8/10 for me on wishlist

4 years ago

Wishlist 1,351

that way it's not particularly telling :P

4 years ago

i have a lot of crap in my wishlist

4 years ago

well if you seriously want that many then that sounds great

4 years ago

Thanks for the chart.

4 years ago

A bundle without steam limited game? I am shocked :O
The 12 dollar price is worth just for that. Never cancelling my sub & maybe even adding another when they start bundling over 10 games so I wont be able to pick all.
(only have void bastards from a review copy such a nice bundle)

4 years ago

only have void bastards from a review copy

Reviews - TheRealDG

View attached image.
4 years ago

Well I post my reviews on my curator nowdays. But youre right anyways, I didnt review it yet.

4 years ago

I thought that might be the case but since trying to load your library broke my browser 😅 I wasn't able to check if you have the game on a different account. (or rather if you don't have it on this one)

I'm just very wary of the benefits for developers of sending out free review copies that's why I brought it up but I vaguely knew I remembered you from somewhere and now that you mention it that must have been because I heard other people here on SG mention your curator positively.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Here are the direct links on Humble's site where it was originally found out in the open. The game list has since been removed from the Humble Choice website.

4 years ago

I saw it on a different closed forum posted by a trusted member. Thought people might want to know. Not working for HiB I swear!

4 years ago

Goblins and Coins 2 published by Humble when?

4 years ago

Never.

4 years ago

Hmm, does seem realistic.

Not sure if its 20$ worth... But probably not that shabby for 12...

4 years ago

ahhh this month start the new prices...
lol 20$ not way for me

4 years ago

Thing is, Void Bastards and Blaphemous are both brand new games, so if someone is actually into those in particular, it's an incredible deal... especially the 3 for $15 (with SoTR).

4 years ago

Well, that seems VERY nice.

4 years ago

Indeed. A number of wishlist games on there. Almost too good to be true if you ask me.

4 years ago

if this is true I am happy

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

2 months.

4 years ago

Not the first time this has happened. Spyro's monthly appearance was less than two months after it's PC release.

4 years ago

Spyro was on the monthly exactly 1 month and 1 day after release on the PC

4 years ago

Whoa, I'd say that DOES look good... maybe even too good ^^ STR, Blasphemous and Void Bastards? Don't mind if I do.

4 years ago

this leaked info did not change me to not stop my sub and quit Humble Bundle. I believe gaming will change a lot, there will be subscriptions soon (3-5 years) instead of game purchases and my backlog enough for 3-5 years at least. If I ever get to the end of my backlog, then I still can buy Tomb Raider with DLCs and so I can play the game I want without getting extras that might distract me from backlog games. This is without DLCs probably so not a huge difference.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Also, that's the main reason for my goodbye to Humblebundle. 180 games on my backlog. I not even managed to play rise of the tomb raider yet (so why to get the new one), just played Mad Max a few months ago which was in one of the first HB monthly like 3-4? years ago? Not even to mention, that many times they offer a base game and can't get the DLCs for those games cheaper. One of the best recent example is the kingdom come. Base game + DLC cheaper than DLCs alone. This happens commonly for AAA titles, so many times buying the bundle just a waste of money.

And I play A LOT. I also decided to play a lot of HB games I probably would have never bought otherwise. Never saying those were crap or not had entertainment value, but now I really need to play skipped games like Witcher 3, what I bought like 2+ years ago during a good sale and still not played it (just left tutorial lol).

I am probably not the only one, bundle purchaser starting to be well stocked on GOOD games now, this might be a reason HB tries to make players keep buying for 12usd instead of quitting bundle purchasing as they can feel special by getting the bundles for 12 instead of 20.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

We all know HB and IGN. How many months will pass until we will see like this?: "Join now the humble classic plan. Special offer".

Pause is an option, I guess I just reached a point when my backlog so huge that it just annoys me and I still have 400-800 games waiting for giveaways, which is also time-consuming:-)

4 years ago*

One of the best recent example is the kingdom come. Base game + DLC cheaper than DLCs alone

There's this package that includes all the DLC that is cheaper. For some reason it's not shown in the game's main page (but it's shown if you go to a DLC page):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/379430/Kingdom_Come_Deliverance/?snr=1_7_15__13

4 years ago

Thanks, I not realized this exists, I guess that time I only checked game store page. There were other examples tho, but thanks for this helpful comment, nice to same a pure content-based DLC pack without all the commentary and artbook.

4 years ago

It's kinda hard to even argue against this. Most of us are now in a position where buying games is a really dumb financial move since almost all of us have a load of unfinished or even unplayed games.

This month's bundle doesn't really appeal to me since I already have Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but regardless, I still think it's pretty weak since at best, everyone will get maybe 2-3 games they actually want to play since they're only covering the basics here.
I'll get to save $12 while pausing. But at least for now I can follow your sensible approach and actually focus on unplayed games :D

4 years ago

A pretty solid move really. The winning move in most situations is to not buy, and work on your backlog.
The only time it's really worth forking out money is when you actually want to play something immediately, because any given sale will be followed by a better one in relatively short order, and if we don't plan on playing quickly it's just burned money.

I mean, I say this like I'm such a smart baby, but I bought Soul Calibur VI and the season pass from GMG for £15-ish in a June-July? Still haven't got around to playing it, always figuring there's a better time, heh.

4 years ago

Good choice. Most people here (myself included) have more games then we'll probably ever get around to playing, but we're horribly addicted to bundles. Break the cycle, rise above!

View attached image.
4 years ago

I don't believe it will go completely sub-based. People will still choose to buy games if they see fit. Like... I don't want to be at the mercy of Netflix when it comes to my most favourite movies.

Only the type of gamer who spends a lot of hours gaming will see the value of subscription services. The casual gamer won't. ;_

4 years ago

Looks really good, lets hope its true

4 years ago

Not to mention Shadow of Tomb Raider now exists only in Definitive Edition buyable form on Steam which should save you the customary cost of getting the season pass for complete experience. I'm just amazed by Blasphemous. That launched like what, couple of months back?

4 years ago

It launched 2 months ago.

4 years ago

Three of those are on my wishlist, and I've just been considering grabbing Desert Child in the current sales - guess not!

4 years ago

If anyone has played the whole trilogy of tomb raider can i ask you a thing?
I have played the tomb raider 2103 and i really liked it. Do i need to also play the second part in order to understand shadow?

4 years ago

I haven't played through them, but the second part seems to be almost universally considered better then shadow.

4 years ago

I understand, if it ends up in any bundle again or it has a really deep sale i will get it but for now i suppose i will skip it.

4 years ago

no. you can (but you shouldn't) skip it.
I liked the second one a bit more but all three are great games

4 years ago

Unfortunately i didnt grab it when it was on monthly and i cant justify spending 8 euros to buy it on steam sale so i think i will skip it for now hoping that it may get bundled in the future.

4 years ago

2nd was better than shadow, which somehow ended up being "2nd in a different setting", I'd say. Also really important for the story if you count dlc that takes you to the family home and stuff.

4 years ago

Thats a bit disappointing to hear. Its on sale right now but if i end up getting the season pass also it will cost more than the bundle itself. Thats why i hate skipping bundles.

4 years ago

IMO, no. Yes, they do refer to past events and observe the trilogy as a whole, but nothing you won't be able to grasp if you haven't played Rise. On a side note, Shadow is for me the best of the trilogy.

4 years ago

I see, thats good news. Thank you for the help.

4 years ago

Blasphemous and Horizon are wishlisted games, so that's good. Probably keep Tomb Raider too just to complete the collection. Meh on the rest though.

4 years ago

INSTABUY!!!
No pause! :D

Standard Version of Tomb Raider?

4 years ago

Definitive edition.

4 years ago

Holy!! :O
This is amazing!

4 years ago

There is a chance it would be standard version, much like how they did it for Rise of the Tomb Raider before.

Still a good deal for me though

4 years ago

Where did you see that ?

4 years ago

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/december-2019/shadowofthetombraider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will only include the base game. This does not include the Definitive Upgrade, Croft Edition Extras, or Deluxe Extras.

4 years ago

A few observations:

• Total Steam retail price:$272 USD, higher than any prior Humble Monthly. Let's see if that's just because of the time of year (winter monthlies tend to have more retail value)

• If all the Humble Choice games get Reduced CV, then CV to cost ratio is 3.4. If Shadow remains full CV, then the ratio is a whopping 7x.

• The Humble Choice games seem to be less well received than Monthly, given that the Monthly polls ask people to put their money where their mouth is, but this poll about Humble Choice isn't as specific. See: "Pause? No, I like it. (49%)" is 5-10% less than the prior two Humble Monthlies' polls on SG for "[Recurring subscription]"

• This is comparable to a good Monthly for me. If this is any indicator of future Choice months, then I'll buy half the months and pause the other half of the time like I have this past year.

EDIT: Added second bullet point

4 years ago*

Deleted

4 years ago

More games on average perhaps, but not always: February's monthly had 11 games @ $214, and there are several other Monthlies over the years that had 10 games.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

So if this would be true and you had to pick 9 out of these 10 games, which one would you drop?

4 years ago

Horizon Chase, but I'm staying with Humble Classic so all games for me :P

4 years ago

Xmorph defense, mostly because I owned it... somehow... although I don't remember where I got it and it isn't bundled according to ITAD... maybe chrono.gg?

4 years ago

Isn't 9 the "premium package", classic gets all?

4 years ago

Correct, it's just a theoretical question (for most of us). I'd drop Desert Child if I had to pick one.

4 years ago

Dark Future. I like car combat games but only when the environments are interesting, and that games world looks incredibly boring to me.

4 years ago

So it will be a 20 dollar bundle? I guess i can't afford it anymore. Why not hive us a 12 dollar 6 game version.

4 years ago

If you have an active subscription you will have 10 games for $12.

4 years ago

Anyone who is a subscriber before the first choice bundle goes live will still pay $12, it'll only increase to $20 if you cancel your subscription after that and then decide to come back at some point.

4 years ago

I'm at a pause atm. If I won't buy current bundle, but stay on pause will I receive classic treatment?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Ooooh yeah. Blasphemous would be a treat!

4 years ago

Only thing I'd want is Aegis Defenders, so going to start my indefinite chain of pauses.

4 years ago

thats a lot of wishlisted games, starting with a bang maybe?

4 years ago

No skipperino

10 games a month for the price of a pizza....

View attached image.
View attached image.
4 years ago

Wow that line up sure is blasphemous hehe

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago*

well time to pause again if true

4 years ago

Good deal for the price (classic subscription at least) but not many games I'm personally interested in. I guess it'll either be a pause or lots of games to give away here. Depends on the regional restrictions.

4 years ago

meh.. only game i want is Tomb raider

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.