Hi!
What do you think is the right price for this processor? Second hand of course.
I want to buy one but seems so overpriced everywhere for an old CPU with a lot of new alternatives
Thanks

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

i7700k, i8700k is best intel for gaming.

Higher is overkill and cost a lot more power consumption, also be sure your motherboard can handle it.

3 years ago*

Hmm seems to be somewhere around 220-250€ here in Finland... At least for last year or so.

3 years ago

No more then $100.
You can get a 2700X with 8 cores for about $200 new these days, and when it was in stock Ryzen 1600AF 6 core CPUs went for $80. It's hard to justify spending much on 4 core CPUs these days.

3 years ago

Hi, ty for the reply. I don't want to change my MoBo. I have a z170 pro gaming asus with lga 1151. I don't find that CPU for less than 100$. More like 180-200$ :( that's the problem

3 years ago

Here are some questions first:
1.What's your PC specs?
2.What's your budget?
3.What games are you playing or planning to play in near future?

3 years ago

Hi
Asus Z170 pro gaming
1- I3 6100
Hyper x Fury 8gb(4x2)
Rx 480 8Gb(She hates me)
2- Like 90€(maybe 110-120)
3- I'm managing to play everything right now but the cpu is starting to cry with some games

3 years ago

That i3 is a Dual Core CPU
Pretty much any LGA 1151 Quad Core CPU is better than your CPU.
If you can get your hands on i5-7600K just buy it is a great CPU and Overclockable too. On ebay US is around $125-$150 maybe lower on auctions. (Also remember to update your Motherboard Bios before changing CPU's).
Also if you can upgrade that 8GB to 16GB (2x8) RAM better.

3 years ago

How about i3 10th Gen? I heard it's on par with i7 7th Gen

3 years ago

Hi, I have an old z170 pro gaming asus. I don't want to change MoBo. Changing MoBo I would get a ryzen

3 years ago

you could get an i3 10100f or a ryzen 3 3100 for less than 100€, both 4c 8t or an 10400f for 140€ for a 6c 12t chip, get a cheap socket 1200 for intel/ am4 for amd mobo for maybe 50-80€ and 16gb gskill aegis for 50€ ... 6th and 7th skylake on ebay is a ripoff

3 years ago

Hi, can't change MoBo right now :(

3 years ago

I would guess that he's trying to figure out his options for upgrading without a motherboard change. He's probably got an i5-6600K (like me). Unfortunately, there are no good upgrade options for that socket type. Prices for used 6700K/7700K are stupidly high.

3 years ago

Exactly. I have lga 1151. And I wish about the i5 6600k... I have an i3 6100 xD anything would be better.
For that reason I want an i7 6700. But people is selling for like... 150-160€... that's insane with a lot of alternatives, new...

3 years ago

Seriously if you already struggle with that bit more, refuse to get a new motherboard, maybe you should get a console.
In the end depending on your needs you end up upgrading in 2 years again and then you will need a new motherboard and be out more expensive.

3 years ago

1. The only place you're going to get a "decent" price for either of those is a PC hardware trading forum. You're going to get gouged on ebay and the like.
  2. You're still going to pay a premium because those two CPUs are beasts and still very much hold their own (especially overclocked).
  3. I wouldn't pay more than $125 or $150 for either. If necessary, suck it up for a while and save for a new mobo/CPU.
  4. If you're not going to OC, get the locked 6700 or 7700. They'll be a bit cheaper. OCers love the unlocked versions of those two chips.
  5. If you do end up finding one (K) on the cheap, I highly recommend overclocking the hell out of it, if your mobo/cooling allows for it.
  6. Neither of those come with a cooler, so be sure your current cooler is up to the task.
3 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than current price of R3 3100 in your region for 7700 (K or not) and even that is bit too much considering lack of warranty and used condition.

3 years ago

I would not pay more than 100€, because for 150€ you might get a cheap Ryzen 3 + Mobo.
Does your Mobo support Xeon CPU? On the second-hand market, the 4c/8t version of it is usually cheaper than a similar I7.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.