Anno 1602 is currently free on Uplay. You can add it via the Uplay launcher or from here: https://register.ubisoft.com/anno-1602-giveaway/en-GB

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thanks

5 days long giveaway
20:00 17 December - 02:00 23 December UTC+3.

5 years ago

Already own it on Steam but you can never have enough copies of this great game! ;)

5 years ago

I thought so as well but then I realized the one we have on Steam is 1404. This is the very first Anno.

Back to the roots baby :D

5 years ago

Haha, you are right! Well then we have another not so great Anno too now. ;)

5 years ago

I played 1602 obsessively back in the day (same as 1404 - skipped all the ones between and since) so the bad graphics don't matter as much to me because I have fond memories about the game from my childhood. But beside the fact that the graphics suck compared to 1404 it's pretty much the same great game. I even went back to it ~ 10 years after initially playing it and had fun for another 20 - 30 hours :D

5 years ago

Dito on everything. I still wish there'd be an hybrid with another great German game series, The Patricians. I swear, if there was a game to combine the strengths of both series, CK2 might actually get dethroned!
Well not really. Please don't blacklist me for heresy Doc!

5 years ago

I have to admit I never play The Patricians. Asche ΓΌber mein Haupt. :D Do I have vaguely the right idea if I imagine it somewhat like The Guild (which I haven't played yet neither)?

5 years ago

I never really played The Guild either. From what I know about the series, I doubt that they have lot in common. The Patricians was mostly about organizing and perfecting transportation and production processes. Kind of like Factorio actually.

5 years ago

Well, that sounds interesting :) But currently I have to pretend Factorio doesn't exist if I ever wanna finish Red Dead Redemption 2 :D

5 years ago

I think it's even better then 1404
1602 had only the basics and there wern't hundred other things you got confused, so you really understood what you did, without needing to play tons of hours

5 years ago

It's been a while since I last played my retail copy of 1404 (should really give it another go and log some hours for my Steam copy). Does 1404 have so many features 1602 didn't have?

Because in my memory (beside the addition of items you could use to make your ships and potentially buildings cheaper or faster or have more firepower & expedition / treasure maps) they played very similarly, at least until the point when you settle your first orient island and the new productions chains and orient "civilization" kick in.

Interesting. At first they were almost idential gameplay-wise in my memory but now a lot of small details are starting to come back :D

5 years ago*

after a while you get that whole southern stuff, which gets you all new ways to build your civilization, which you need to do then also
so you don't only have your normal people but also the Arabs

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Thanks for the info :)

5 years ago

Oh, sweet! Thanks for letting us know! :)

5 years ago

What Version of Anno 1602 is it? Because at some time there was a small content CD(or whatever) that added a few new house-styles for the second house level?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

5 years ago

Thabks for the heads-up!

5 years ago

Oh super cool ! Thank you for notice !

5 years ago

very nice ... Thanks for the info

5 years ago

Thanks

5 years ago

Go to this link - https://store.ubi.com/ie/anno-1602/58ab345b6b54a4cc2a8b4567.html

Click free tab on the right side and it will ask you if you want to activate via web or ubsoft client.

I tried to click the freebie from the client but it didnt work and then tried via this and it worked!

5 years ago

And I was able to do it only via the client. I didn't find any link to it on the web... Until now!

5 years ago

Thank you.

5 years ago

Thanks!

5 years ago

Thanks a lot!

5 years ago

Thanks

5 years ago

Thank you

5 years ago

Cheers for the heads up!

5 years ago

Thanks!

5 years ago

Browser:
uplay://launch/2990

This brought up my uplay client and i was able to link it to my account.

5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Closed 1 year ago by Argamore.