I would like to thank my parents, Gabe Newell and the entirety of Valve, and, of course, SteamGifts!

Jokes aside, I won Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, all thanks to user McNickBR and their awesome giveaway. One of the things I did early on was to filter out the games I didn’t like or find interesting by hiding them. If it was a game I didn’t know, I would check it out on Steam and decide whether it was worth keeping. Right now my hidden games list includes nearly 3,000 titles, and I could not be happier. I only see the giveaways I love and care about.

What are some of the strategies you guys use to improve your chances of winning?

View attached image.
1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I've found that the best odds of winning come from paying attention to discussion posts and forum threads. Plenty of people like to make special invite-only puzzles/events there. Great way of interacting with the community and also fewer people entering those GAs. Cakeday trains, advent calendars, etc.

1 year ago

Ha. I have seen some of those, and I completely agree. Thanks for the reminder, friend!

1 year ago

Heh I thought you'd made 1200 GAs and had just won your first one. I was gonna say "wow that's quite a ratio you must have".
Anyway, congrats.

1 year ago

Haha. Thanks!

1 year ago

Since you plan on playing your wins. This group may be for you. Not sure what the minimum number of played games is so you may be a bit green. Yet I think if you plan a group exclusive GA, they may look at your request.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/qNorC/playing-appreciated-giveaways-with-the-intention-for-the-games-to-be-played-within-a-month

When you join a new Steam Group, manually sync SG so this site knows youre in the new group.

1 year ago

Thank you, kind stranger.

When you join a new Steam Group, manually sync SG so this site knows youre in the new group.

I recently learned this after joining the Unlucky 7 group, and I really appreciate that you mentioned it!

1 year ago

"nearly 3,000 titles" Not bad, kid

My hidden list: 15,323

1 year ago

Yes. B-)

1 year ago

1 year ago

I love it! Thanks.

1 year ago

First of all congratulations!

Personally what worked for me was to be part of select groups that give games I have on my wishlist or want to play. I only go for games I am 100% sure I'll play. Some of the groups offer you awesome games but you're required to play their games in 1-3 months' time. It's perfectly alright for me as I usually tend to play them.

Second thing you can do is create solid relationships around here and you may get yourself whitelisted. That helps to get exclusive giveaways from people that give only to their whitelist. Like the first, I play them and complete them 100% and on top of that I review them. People appreciate it when you play the games you win from them and you're more likely to get friends or whitelists.

This is what worked for me and what I like to do back.

Lastly, give more than you receive. You get a lot more love in the long run by giving and seeing others being happy for the games they won will earn you a nice reputation in Steamgifts.

Good luck and may more games come your way.

PS: Reach out to me if you need a cool group to be in. 😄

1 year ago

Thank you, and thanks for the thorough reply. I loved this.

I have been longing to join an online community, and SteamGifts might be the one. The people are genuinely kind and awesome. And I am blessed to be on ten whitelists already! At the end of the day, it is the friendships and the memories you make along the journey that remain.

You get a lot more love in the long run by giving and seeing others being happy for the games they won will earn you a nice reputation in Steamgifts.

This. I truly believe in this.

I was just perusing your Steam profile, and I appreciate how neat and welcoming it is. It is inspiring. I was also curious to hear your voice, so I checked out a few of the videos on your YouTube channel. Fantastic stuff!

By the way, I would love to know more about that last group you mentioned. I will leave a comment on your Steam account, and I look forward to chatting with you. Have a good one!

1 year ago

I was just perusing your Steam profile, and I appreciate how neat and welcoming it is. It is inspiring. I was also curious to hear your voice, so I checked out a few of the videos on your YouTube channel. Fantastic stuff!

Thank you for taking the time to check the stuff we do. My partner and I appreciate it. 😄 I am also thankful for checking my profile and I am glad you like it. I plan on changing it a little bit to make a few changes in the future.

By the way, I would love to know more about that last group you mentioned. I will leave a comment on your Steam account, and I look forward to chatting with you. Have a good one!

Although I've temporarily closed it, I'll open it for you to be able to check the stuff we do and the rules behind it. If you want to take the time and read them and if you feel that you're up for it, I'd be happy to check your account and confirm your application.

TalePlay Application Group and the Games Arrmeya and I give as well other members who like to participate. 😃

1 year ago

That sounds wonderful! Thank you.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.