8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will King Varian Wrynn die at World of Warcraft Legion Expansion?

View Results
Yes and good riddance
Probably not, he is an important character
Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Yep. If that feature gets added, I'm adding a 'blacklist for no comment' to every single giveaway I run.

8 years ago

You might want to get a few extra BL spots then. :P

8 years ago

Rather, I think most of us would just completely move away from public giveaways altogether.

Not that I haven't mostly already done that :X

You'd still have to manually tab through private giveaways, due to how they're set up, so that shouldn't be affected.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

I so need to catch up on Sherlock..

8 years ago

Yes, you do!

8 years ago

What is there to catch up, only 3 seasons with 3 episodes :D ;D

8 years ago

I stopped watching at the end of season one, though :P

8 years ago

But won't you get blacklisted for saying thanks D:

8 years ago

Only if you do it wrong :P

8 years ago

People who blacklist for thanks can kiss my tooshy.
Thanks!

8 years ago

lol tooshy. Had a chuckle at that :P But yes, agreed.

8 years ago

It's really not a big deal to click on the link and read the description of the giveaway before entering and perhaps give a comment appropriate to that description.
It would make things faster to just click on the list but one should make the effort and read the description of each GA (imho)

8 years ago

Was hoping you were hiding a giveaway with that title, but... :)

Oh dear, you have to click on something to enter a giveaway? And possibly even read? Oh dear.

I see your point, that does sound like an undue hardship. Why don't you just post your wishlist and I'll buy them all for you*...

[*]: No, not really.

8 years ago

[**]: Maybe, possibly, though?

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

This thread will probably get you on a lot of people's blacklists, as you're basically saying you don't care about people's giveaway descriptions and that you only want to enter giveaways.

Anyway, this add-on adds the "Enter" button to the giveaways on front page just like you want. It also adds a button for reading the description of a giveaway without having to go to the giveaway's page.

If someone took his time to make a giveaway he spent his money on, the least you could do is read the description for a giveaway and thank the creator for it (unless he specifies he doesn't want "thank you" messages).

8 years ago

THIS.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Exactely my thought

8 years ago

No, I don't think it would be good. It would further encourage people to just enter everything, without considering if they want the game or not, and it would also mean that even fewer would read important messages such as "You can not activate this game in Germany".

8 years ago

Ayup.

8 years ago

People already don't read. Hell, you could put a gigantic, red-font, warning message on a GA telling them "THIS IS SOOO FAAKEEEE, THERES NO REAL GIVEAWAY".... and people would enter it still :v

8 years ago

Isn't that EXACTLY what happens when people say 'this is a beta key' or 'this is not X game, this is Y (free) game', and they get hundreds of entries anyway? :P

8 years ago

SG account creation should come with free glasses for people, maybe then they'll read?

8 years ago

For giveaways without description - this is actually a good idea. As an added benefit people would be less likely to hunt for addons that provide this functionality, and therefore less likely to use some very annoying options that these addons offer (like auto entry of generic comments).

For giveaways with description - hell no. If anything, it would be nice if some people (e.g. rule breakers) would have to pass a quiz about the giveaway description before being allowed to enter ;-)

8 years ago

So...
WE NEED SOME NEW FILTERS!
"With description", "Without description"!
but it won't be added.
don't kick me.

8 years ago

Of course it won't be added. The Suggestions sub-forum is full of great ideas, and none of them gets implemented, or at least that's how it seems.

The only way something like this will be implemented is if CG thinks about himself.

8 years ago

No.
I like to read the descriptions and it's nice when you create a GA that people who enter read your descriptions.
It's not supposed to be a completely human-interaction-free slot-machine for games.

8 years ago

humaninteractionfreeslotmachineforgames.com coming soon to the entitled near you!

Well, in fairness, slot machines require money to use, so even with that comparison, you could just assume taking the time to read to be the entry cost, here.

Since apparently consideration for others isn't a factor being considered :P

8 years ago

No, because your poll has nothing to do with your question. For what reasons all the others said already.

8 years ago

I was going to blacklist you for that, then realizing that I was about to act like on of them "I blacklist anyone who displeases me" elitists...

So instead, here's my answer. No. Why? Read the dozen or so comments above. Basically my thoughts, and I'm lazy as fuck so I won't type a meaningless wall of text.

Jbond, over'n'out!

8 years ago

He's the type of person who just enters giveaways without bothering to take a look at people's descriptions. He probably also enters invite-only giveaways he finds on forum without actually reading anything written in the thread.

Taking that into account, I don't think anyone who blacklists him can be considered a "I blacklist anyone who displeases me elitist".
I personally blacklisted him because I don't want someone like him having a chance at my giveaways.

8 years ago

To be fair, the guys only 2 months old...When I first started, I admit, I i used that plugin thing...Cause I didn't understand that it was just average joes on here doing giveaways. I thought at first the companies were doing these giveaways as sort of a promotional thing, and that they didn't care who read their posts..but after I was on here, and learned that people didn't like it..and taking time to actually read some of the descriptions, and in fact meeting some cool people through their giveaway...I got rid of the plug in and only enter games that I REALLY want, as opposed to entering all the games I saw.

8 years ago

First world problems. "Today ... I had to click a link to win a game."

View attached image.
8 years ago

"full cup" AHAHAHAHAHA love it!

8 years ago

8 years ago

Life is hard =(

8 years ago

Seriously?

View attached image.
8 years ago

Good ol' George of the Jungle ^^

8 years ago

leecher detected;)

8 years ago

I still advocate for captchas... So no.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

If you really want this, you can have it already, but still this should not be for all.

8 years ago

4 games won / 0 games given

Good move man

8 years ago

People are doing giveaways for different reason. And some of those reasons may be noted in the giveaway description. You would basically rob their exposure with such a button. Therefore it is bad idea. Just open the giveaway in a new tab and read the description if there is one. It is called respect.

8 years ago

We also need a "reply to them all" and "enter everything I will play" buttons

8 years ago

Really dude? Someone make an effort for YOU to give YOU (at lest a chance to win) a FREE gift that he/she had to PAY FOR and you really don't think this person deserves at laest reading what he/she has to say?

tl;dr - no

View attached image.
8 years ago

you know, that's the easy way to get blacklisted around here

View attached image.
8 years ago

Maybe thats their plan all along..... !!

8 years ago

People put comments in the giveaways that they sometimes want people who enter to read. This will make them mad. I'd rather make the people who put effort into creating giveaways happy than the people who are too lazy to enter the old fashioned way happy.

8 years ago

Just install EasySteamGifts

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago*

Yeah and than closes the tab after joining giveaway

8 years ago

How about you guys add a ENTER ALL THE GIBS!!! button. I'm too lazy to click on one giveaway at a time.
P.S.: This is why i started limiting my giveaways to invite only, wl, and group.

8 years ago

can i join you wl or group....i swear a will read all your descriptions :D

8 years ago

we also need unlimited points so we can enter everything all day long. :3

8 years ago

how about we enter all the created giveaways automatically, without even registering on the website?

8 years ago

i think cg should send us a copy of each game, losing giveaways is unfair.

8 years ago

Okay, but then how will giveaway creators be able to thank us for generously taking their games?
Also, auto-mass-blacklist anyone that uses groups or whitelists or whatever, they're evil.
Oh, but noone else is allowed to be blacklisted, okay?
Anyone that uses blacklist needs to be mass-blacklisted also.
Oh, and if they get blacklisted, they need to give fifty bajillion games to make up for it.
And, like, if I've entered 15 giveaways and not won a single one, obviously the site is a scam, so they should make more gibs to make up for that.

It's like they don't even understand how this is supposed to work!!!!1111

^So, did I get that about right? :/

Bonus:
Remember, in Soviet SG, Giveaway enters You.

8 years ago

/smackhead

You shouldn't be giving the new people ideas for new Suggestion posts. X.X

8 years ago

i can't resist, i love helping people

View attached image.
8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.