Some german games have such a DRM, Need for Speed Shift, Two Worlds, Two Worlds 2, Earth 2160, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, Prince of Persia etc., nnly 3-5 times activate/installation and then goes nothing, you can't play it anymore and this was a original fullprice game. Other Games can't play i've you have then no play for to long time.
And many german versions have starforce, they don't run well on Win 7 and nothing more on Win 8, the US-Versions have securom and run with no problem on both OS, so a german have two options, 1. buy it for the second time as an us-import or 2. buy it on steam/gog.com. origin from ea and uPlay from Ubisoft have many DRM-Systems like 2-5 times to install, always Online, securom etc, i ask why? Why i must activate that online and bind it on an account and have so many other DRM-Shit too?
And so many games are censored, so many games comes never in germany and so many games are banned, some are even forbidden. Many games can't activate on Steam without VPN, some can't start/played/updated without VPN too, you goes against the EULA/AGB i've you use it and risk a banned/closed account.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i know your English is a bit rough because of where you from

but the wall of text next time you might want to space it out a bit and more people might take the time to read it

and i understand where your coming from in a way i do not like the activation limits on some my older games so i do not really play them i think they did that to try prevent used sales

and i did not know they still used star force damn aka star fuck but secue-rom may work on all OS but still is a pain to deal with as it can have issues if you forget to deactivate the key before moving it to a new pc or whatever and a lot did not know that and hit there limit of activations though at least with secure-rom as long as you deactivated you could reactivate

but i still do not know why Germany sensors so much i am not sure if it just for reason i do not know or they are just being stupid about it

this is why in some countries some people still pirate/download a crack as in some countries the lack of decent internet and bandwidth they buy the said game on steam but have to use other means to install it

so you are not a lone with struggling with getting games and trying to play them though anything short of maybe getting a crack for said game i am not sure what you could do though risk your account with VPN or risk a crack

9 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.