Been a long while since I've used gifting through Steam and saw that Ubi changed key policy and just wanted to know if I can send a Ubi gift through Steam via Email is it ROW?Thanks in advance for the feedback and enjoy in the big gift if viableπŸ€πŸ˜πŸ˜œ Red,Native,Fountain,Blues,About a Dog????? (DadadaDA!!)
P.S. Droggeljug?!? Been playing Deponia series and am on my recent win of Doomsday now (I highly recommend it πŸ˜€)
P.P.S. This thread is important to my idea/plan so if you don't mind bumping and or bookmarking it will give u a lil πŸ€ in the future

Edit : Thanks for all the info, gonna take some time to sort this out (please be patient) Due to regional price differences, the gift you are trying to send cannot be sent to the recipient's region.I never thought I would see the day 😀 Will try and work on it tomorrow!

In the meantime have a TRAIN (Yes I no (know :P) It's lazy but I'm on vacation dammnit)

TL:DR - Needed help, got some info, (had a little to drink.......) made train, met this Elysian named Goal...uhmmm, maybe I need to take a break?

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is a Steam Gift of a Ubisoft game sent directly through email to winner still ROW/

View Results
YES
NO
Give us all you have STAIND

Droggeljug droggeljug droggeljug!

6 years ago

Droggeljug droggeljug droggeljug, droggeljug droggeljug droggeljug!!! Ubiggeljug Rowggeljug droggeljug??

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

rofl i forgot about that! droggeljug to you too!

6 years ago

what?

6 years ago

If I just want to buy a gift through Steam for a Ubi game and send it to anyone in the world through email is it ROW? (being able to activate the game anywhere in the world if sent from USA account)

6 years ago

You can't send gifts via email anymore either.

6 years ago

Killing a lil bit o my soul there Soulja,understood 😡

6 years ago

I know, Same happened to me when I found out.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Still crying on the inside 😡

View attached image.
6 years ago

Games bought in USA are still ROW.

6 years ago

Ok, so If I buy a Ubi game via Seam and send to winner a.k.a "Anyone in the world" through email it's still ROW or locked to region?

6 years ago

You can't send via e-mail. The person needs to be in your friend list. But I think you will be able to send it to anyone.
You can test it. Add any game to your cart and click purchase as gift. Then a list with all your friends will appear for you to choose whom to send it to. Choose a person from a very different region-lock and continue until the purchase confirmation page [where you will see in red any restriction applied to the gift]. Then you will know if it's restricted in any way or not.

6 years ago

Yeah I tried Canada and Brazil and it went through ok but New Zealand is a no go :) Will have to look it up with Enhanced Steam and steam.db,thanks for the help :)

6 years ago

ACtually, if the item in your country is more expensive, it will not have any restriction. Got okami, that costs 20 in usa and just 12 usd here. The "more than 10% difference" is just if the price on the other country is bigger.

6 years ago

Region locks are immaterial now. You can no longer send a gift to anyone if the prices in their Steam store is +/- 10% of yours. It doesn't matter if the gift is RoW or not.

6 years ago

So, is it even possible to do Ubi gibs via Steam or do I have to study up on the prices of regions and go by per game/country?

6 years ago

You're much safer buying keys for places like humble or GMG for giveaways now. Obviously this doesn't help you because you can't buy retail Steam keys for Ubi games.

You'd literally have to figure out what countries you can gift to and lock your giveaway to those countries.

6 years ago

Many thanks for the info. Do you have any good ideas on a quick way I could find the countries restricted to my region for any Ubi games?

6 years ago

Install enhanced steam and hover the mouse over the little ball that will appear on the side of prices of games on the steam store. It will automatically show you the different prices for all regions and the % difference.

6 years ago

Many thanks for the tip, just WAY to used to using bundle sites πŸ˜ƒ

6 years ago

Yep gonna take a lil while

6 years ago

Nope, you can send if price is higher.

6 years ago

You really can't. You can send a game to someone's whom Steam store is more than 10% lower than yours.

So you can't buy a game for $40 and gift it to a Russian where the same game in their store is $10.

For example Canadians and Americans can no longer send each other gifts. Only one of them can have the expensive store,

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

It's gonna take a little while , unless I go a little crazy,(in in which case I sound like this :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFvxmB8vi6M

6 years ago*

Valve kind of killed gifting :)

View attached image.
6 years ago

bamp

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago