There are like 7 new games in my inventory! Didn't know the expansions were separate games! Do I have to install all of them or just the latest? If I install them all, will I be able to browse content from the oldest expansions or do I have to play them one by one, without mixing content?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I still haven't figured that out. I just install them all, and run the latest expansion.

1 decade ago

Gotta install them all

1 decade ago

Install Dawn of War II, once installed load it up and check if the campaign Chaos Rising is on there, its been ages since I first got it, but I believe that was the case, I also think Installing~ Chaos Rising didn't require any downloading. I know you can play either or depending regardless of which one you load up i remember that much haha I wanted steam to log hours properly ><

As for the Last stand ones I don't remember, I downloaded them all at the same time

1 decade ago

DoW1 has 2 full blown campaigns, one for the base game, and another for first expansion Winter Assault. After that, Dark Crusade doesn't have a true campaign, it is more like a game of Risk, but you actually do the RTS fight to get territory. Each game can be played solo, the only thing you will miss out on by not installing/activating the older games, is if you play MP, the races from those campaigns wont be available.

1 decade ago

1 - Dawn of War and Winter Assault need to be installed together for WA to work.
2 - Dark Crusade comes with the Necrons & Tau campaigns, with the other races unlocked by entering both the DoW & WA CD-Keys when you first start the game.
3 - Not sure about Soulstorm, but it may be the same.
4 - Fully install Dawn of War 2, then Chaos Rising. The latter should only be a few hundred mb download, which is CGI and mission content for the single player. DoW 2 itself was updated with all the CR content to allow people without the expansion to still play everyone.
5 - DoW2 Retribution is a completely stand-alone Steamworks release that isn't compatible with DoW 2 or Chaos Rising.

1 decade ago

well both dawn of war 2 chaos and dawn of war 2 retribution require the base dawn of war 2 to play so install all 3, then you can play them all from the retribution menu without needing to switch, you can also mix some of the content.

1 decade ago

dawn of war 2 retribution is standalone.

1 decade ago

Just click install on the game you want to play and steam will take care of the rest given enough time and hd space

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by isaquelazaro.