With the way things are shaping up right now in the PC gaming space, I wouldn't be surprised if CD Projekt decides to release Cyberpunk 2077 exclusively on GOG. (Assuming it will see the light of day before the year 2030). I remember reading somewhere (I forget where) that sales figures weren't exactly rosy for Thronebreaker on GOG, and the game may have fared better on Steam. Cyberpunk would be a different proposition though, and maybe the studio would be confident enough to release it exclusively on their own platform. That's just wild conjecture though, I have no idea what will happen.

I know that on this site especially, a game not being on Steam is a huge deal for many, although that has never really bothered me personally my most played game is actually on Origin, so a GOG only release of Cyberpunk 2077 would still be a purchase for me. What about you, though? Assuming the game releases to good to great reviews, would you buy it if it were exclusively available on GOG?

Also, I seem to have left this here.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you buy Cyberpunk 2077 as a GOG exclusive?

View Results
Yes, of course.
No Steam, no buy.
Not buying it, regardless of store.
I'm getting PotatoPunk 2019 instead.

Not too fond of (timed) exclusives. But Cyberpunk 2020 2077 is too relevant to my interests to pass up.
the game actually releasing in 2020 would be a nice nod to the pen&paper game it's based on

5 years ago

No.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

I preordered The Witcher 3 on GOG 3 years ago, because of the HUGE discount I got. I payed $35 USD for it. And let me tell you: while the galaxy client may not be good, the old gog downloader is still simple and awesome. So yeah, if I'm buying the game, I wouldn't mind doing it on GOG, unless it was cheaper on steam.

5 years ago

I absolutely would buy it as a GOG exclusive. I've bought games on GOG before, even if they were on Steam at the time already... and some I bought a second time on Steam in a later sale.

Happy cakeday! 🍰

View attached image.
5 years ago

Thanks, igel :)

5 years ago

They won't make any exceptions since steam has a large audience. Dunno if they are thinking of bringing it to console though

5 years ago

It will be released on consoles. CD Projekt have said many times that they are even targeting the current console generation of PS4/Xbox One.

5 years ago

Then there won't be any exclusives, they will keep the game on steam as well as on their own platform. I bet epic store wants a piece of it too xD

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Why not? Doesn't matter which client, if I like a game enough, I'll buy it. Furthermore, GOG provides excellent support for older games, unlike Steam, and a little bit of competition never hurt anyone.

5 years ago

if GeForce now add support to GOG yes , vice versa NO (same reason as GodIsASerb)
i can't enjoy your giveaway it say i'm blacklisted , anyway good happy new year to you , and i giveaway witcher 3 already so it's ok :D

5 years ago

Wait until it hits a "cheap enough" mark, then yes. If it will get a release on Steam in the meanwhile, I'll get the better deal. (Likely would be GOG with their cashback, and Steam overcharging in Euro)

5 years ago

Nobody had ever a problem with Steam exclusive games. And we have many of those. Seriously, where is the thread about Steam exclusives being unfair to UPlay, Origin & Co? ^^

So yes, I would buy Cyberpunk 2077 if it was GOG exclusive.

5 years ago

Yes. I don´t mind. Blizzard does this stuff with Diablo 3 and other games I usually play. The good thing about GOG is that you don´t even have to install the galaxy client, just download the game and use the shortcut on your desktop.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Not planning to buy it anyway, back when they released that extended gameplay video a few months ago I couldn't stop myself from constantly questioning how on earth can a society like that exist. It's very rare for me to not be able to buy into a fictional world but for some reason I simply can't suspend my disbelief for this game, I don't know how but it brakes my immersion every couple of minutes, and if that was just from watching some gameplay I don't wanna imagine how painful it would be to actually play it and constantly question every little detail that doesn't add up.

Also, happy cakeday! :)

5 years ago

There is no competition of launchers on my desktop. Steam and GOG are my go to clients by far.

5 years ago

I will probably buy Cyberpunk on GOG anyway, so yes.
Also happy cake day to you. :)

5 years ago

5 years ago

I don't think I would. I'm not against GoG (or other platforms in general). but if there's no regional pricing like Steam, then I refuse to purchase.

Battle net is the only platform I have no issue purchasing in USD.

5 years ago

Happy cake-day!

5 years ago

no worries here, i doubt they're goonna make it exclusie
soner or later there will be steam version

besides, all my wallet are on steam

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago*

yes. gog is a great idea worth supporting.
if it was ONLY available through their galaxy platform... ehhh then maybe not.

5 years ago

It's sort of a cost/convenience-based thing for me, so ultimately a "Yes, of course." vote for buying on GOG...
...but at a lower price point than on Steam, due to the established-personal-library-and-grown-accustomed-to-it convenience of Steam.

And that's if I have a PC that will run it smoothly by the time it releases and becomes affordable for me in the first place.

Checking my GOG order history, it seems I have five pages of "orders", nearly all of which are $0.00 FREE items.
The one order that I actually spent money on was the Total Annihilation Commander Pack, and TA Kingdoms, for $1.49 each, or a sad total of $2.98 spent on GOG over the past seven years to amass a collection of 237 games on the platform. (TA Kingdoms is not (yet?) on Steam. I don't recall if TA itself was when I purchased it on GOG.)

5 years ago

I won't buy it from anywhere, unless its on Linux.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.