You asked, we heard you. Experience the game that put Battle Royale on the map and then redefined it with Auto Royale, for FREE. Yep, you read that right! Starting at approximately 10 AM PT, you can download H1Z1 for free!

Purchase H1Z1 recently? Refunds will be provided by Steam in accordance with its refund policy. Please contact Steam customer service with any questions about refunds. If you have any further questions regarding your account, feel free to reach out to Daybreak Customer Support via help.h1z1.com, and we will work with you to make it right. Don’t forget to login and receive the Appreciation Pack mentioned above to obtain those items, crates, and skulls!

LINK

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Oh, thats why it was in humble bundle monthly, they just wanted to sell it before it gets FtP.

6 years ago

We didn't know that gona happen too early, but now its confirmed.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Just in time you mean, because Pro League just confirmed the 15 esports teams that will be participating in the inaugural season

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Yeah, all that sales, bundles and stuff to make the game now free... They made me pay for the game 2 times, not anymore i guess...

6 years ago

I'm not too angry that I bought it during the last sale (for only 1.60 mind you, because of that stacking coupon) , as I ended up getting a 10$ skin from one of the free sign-up chests. Not bad.

6 years ago*

what about the people who buyed the game? will have anything?

6 years ago

They could play the game already...

6 years ago

Making a game for a long time and by this time selling early access version
Making money on skins and purchases
Finding out that your game is peace of S comparing to the other games like PUBG, Fortunate battle royal and so on
Selling the keys to humble bundle in hopes to drain the last possible $
Making F2P after all of this
GG even EA is not THAT cruel

6 years ago

Not as cruel when AAA games start at 60€ and 1-2 years later it's only 5€ on a sale. How cruel it is, everything should stay at max price so nobody would get their feelings hurt :)

6 years ago

I mean there is the difference between changing to the F2P system and just a discount
I bought CIV 6 deluxe edition (pre-ordered) for 60$ or so
After that humble bundle offered it for 12$ (well it was a standart version + 2 dlc) in 5-6 month or so
Was I mad?No because I payed for the possibility of playing it as soon as It was released
And I enjoyed playing it
But seeing this greedy way of making money by selling the game and skins and after that making it f2p is something else...

6 years ago

H1Z1 players also had the possibility to play it since release for years at this point. And not a single word so far how their monetization is. Why do you feel that it's greedy to ask money for it and then make it free (it was fairly cheap, 20$ for the most time if I remember correctly), and how is that different from high price becoming lower in other games' case? Afterall, in both cases the game becomes cheaper to reach more players. Skins are irrelevant, both in a buy to play or a free to play game's situation.
I'm just curious why do you feel like the developers are cruel, especially compared to EA, and in the context of making the game free. It really did sound like you're referring to people buying the game previously for more money (which happens with games all the time, it's not a specific issue)
I'm not interested in any of the battle royale modes, but what H1Z1 did is a standard, not even malicious practice in the gaming industry. Loot boxes are shit, but this example is far from EA levels of lootbox fuckery, or how much The Culling's devs fucked up and buried their own game within a few patches. Going free is a perfectly logical step after how Fortnite is performing as a free to play game, though it's unlikely that H1Z1 will "skyrocket" after the price change.

6 years ago

I am not mad or complaining about it
I just feel like it was planned long before
This humble bundle keys are the last hope of getting more money (well as I see this)
They knew that Pubg and fortunate is more popular and this game will die
So they tried to get as much profit as they could
That is why I am refering to the EA who cares only about money but not about a good content

6 years ago

They already mentioned that it would be Free to Play eventually when the game first released...

6 years ago

The real problem is buying H1Z1 thinking is a good game, for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

6 years ago

Tbh I never liked H1Z1
I have never played It but as a fan of Wildcat, Seananners and others I saw the gameplay and the game mechanic
The game concept is not that bad but realisation of the ideas is terrible
No recoil of some weapons, unreal system of dmg, car glitches, the graphic and animated skins of weapons
I might sound like an old man but what the hell is this?Arcade game for some 12 yo boys?

6 years ago

Don't forget the Mass Coupon giveaway. I'm glad I didn't get one.

6 years ago

And here I am, one of the guys who couldn't wait to play H1Z1 when it was released (back when it was only zombies). I thought sony would give dayz a real competitor. Not in a million years anyone back then would have thought how everything would pan out. Remember how it was going to be f2p after it left early access? Then they changed that. And now they changed it again (kinda since the zombie mode seems to be abandoned and not free).

6 years ago

I got it in the recent sale with a stacking coupon that brought it really cheap under 2 dollars. I haven't played even a little. is it worth it to ask a refund or just keep it as it is?

6 years ago

You get some rare items and for 2 bucks, it's not bad tbh.

6 years ago

For all you people wondering about the F2P system, they said from the beginning that after Early Access, the game WILL be free-to-play.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I'm glad I sold my copy from Humble Monthly some time ago

6 years ago

wow i sold my humble monthy compy but i feel bad for those who kept it

6 years ago

They made me pay twice for this game and now it's free... Hope everything goes wrong to the complany.

6 years ago

I bought this game and refunded it, this is so cool now lmao

6 years ago

Now i need to find a leftover key from HB or something so the game appears on my library (unlike F2P games) :/
I really hate that F2P games don't appear on library unless you use a key/buy DLC .-. Miss the old days when it didn't (2014 or something)

6 years ago

I predict lots of threads from peeps complaining their level dropped.

6 years ago

Whoops, shoulda dropped my humble monthly copy.. ah well, so it goes. Not like I was gonna play it anyways.

6 years ago

I would go one step foward and remove this trash from steam

6 years ago

Yay! Now I will play hundreds of hours of H1Z1... oh wait. They really try to go Fortnite? Well, good luck catching that train that left a few months ago.

6 years ago

lol, you do realize the previous train was Zombies.
Sony was years too late for the party, and this new investment firm is no different.

6 years ago

Yes, yes I do. H1Z1 struggled from the start, but this is just beyond hilarious. The whole history of this game screams 'Give up, it's not going to work', but they won't listen. Anyway, I really don't care about this and just wanted to make a snarky remark ;)

6 years ago

I get it :)
a few months late doesn't even sound that bad compared to its initial release.

6 years ago

Well I might actually be able to play my win now... lol

6 years ago

why were we robbed of already gained cv, again? . . .didn't catch that one, so if someone would mind doing some 'splaining! tnx. . .

retroactively, 4 months later. . .smh alright who's the genius that came up with this bs?

6 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.