Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it just for me that SGv2 doesnt update beyond v1.5.6.3?

3 years ago

This is not SGv2.

3 years ago

Im well aware its not :)
But you have the Theme option and there are later versions, so thats why I asked.

3 years ago

Oh, you're talking about the theme. Sorry, for some reason I thought SGv2 was another script. I'll look into it.

3 years ago

I don't update on userstyles.org only on github.

3 years ago

Themes will be removed from v8.8.0.

3 years ago

What happened to the Enter/Leave button in 8.7.3?

It's too small to click.

Also "enter" and "leave" are the same color (white), so I can't tell what I've entered or not.

3 years ago

It looks fine for me? Are you using a theme?

3 years ago

I am not using a theme. Firefox plugin on latest Firefox.

3 years ago

Well, that makes things interesting. Let me see something else.

3 years ago

Ah ok, it's the position. Mine looks good because I have the button on the giveaway panel. You might have it elsewhere. Hotfix coming in a couple hours.

3 years ago

+1 to the above comment - looks like the CSS for the Enter / Leave Giveaway Button (feature 3.11) got completely messed up. But this visual annoyance is actually not the reason why I came to this discussion.

The Game Tags (feature 8.4) iscompletely borked for me - when clicking the tag icon/the tag itself, it no longer shows a popup for editing the tags, which (afaik) means there's currently no way at all to edit them.... That's probably one of the three most utilized ESGST features for me and I use it heavily on a daily basis, so I'd really appreciate a hotfix :<

3 years ago

The buttons look good for me, maybe it got messed up in the dark theme.

Looks like it's all tags features (users, games, groups, etc.). I'll try to push a hotfix in the next couple hours.

3 years ago

Just like cdr, I don't use any themes, so it has to be connected to some other feature combo...

Nice to hear about the hotfix :)

3 years ago

I figured it out, it's where you have the button in the element ordering.

3 years ago

Yup, looks like that's the issue. When I moved it elsewhere it became normal again :)

3 years ago

Thanks for a quick fix of both the issues! ^_^

3 years ago

For a change, I don't see any problem with the Enter/Leave Giveaway button. Looks just as good as ever to me.

But I've got another bug report: in the Giveaways/Created page, the Winners column that appears by activating option 3.5.1.5 now has all usernames with a lower case "a" letter as a prefix attached to them. E.g. if user JohnDoe had ever won a giveaway from me, he would now appear as "aJohnDoe" in that column.

EDIT: Re: the Enter/Leave buttons, I'm not using any theme. So if both cdr and Pietruszek do use one, that may very well be the cause.

3 years ago

Yeah, will include the fix for it in the hotfix.

3 years ago

Great, thanks for your hard work! :)

3 years ago

Hotfix is out.

3 years ago

After installing this the "Enter" button is much smaller and is not colored (it's white) unless I hover my mouse over it (then it is the normal green). How can I fix this?

EDIT: OK, I went in the setting to the "Giveaway panel" and pressed "Reset" and that seems to have fixed it.

3 years ago

In v8.7.4?

3 years ago

8.7.4 fixed the issue for me, thanks.

3 years ago

Sorry, no, it was v8.7.3. It had just updated and I assumed it was the latest.

3 years ago

how do i update manually?
firefox coulnt find any update for the add-on

Edit: it just updated automatically, so all good now :)

3 years ago*

• thank you for the Barter links on games, they're an amazing time saver when entering GAs

• why is there no analogous SteamDB option? I checked several times. especially packages that aren't on the store should link there. in general I would like the purple package icon to lead there.

• is there a way to not grey out the OP when using the fade option for read comments? when it's an OP that gets updated frequently, like in the Deals forum, and especially if you are the OP and have to triple-check your own post, the fade effect is quite distracting.

3 years ago

You can now customize category links, so you can change the package link to SteamDB instead of Steam.

is there a way to not grey out the OP when using the fade option for read comments?

Are you using the simplified version?

3 years ago

i have the same issue
dont know what you mean by simplified version

3 years ago*

Nope, not the simplified one. The mark-everything-yourself one. Yes, it's possible to unmark the OP as read, but that means having to re-do it every time I click 'mark everything above as read' (5.7).

3 years ago

I can definitely add an option to exclude the OP from that operation, but the OP should be unfaded whenever there are changes to it. Is that not the case?

3 years ago

It's at least not the case for your own posts when they are always marked read by 6.7.2 (which I guess you would call 5.7.2 due to not counting the perms?) – https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=ct_o

I'm not sure if it would be more useful for others to have:

• their own OPs not faded
  • all OPs not faded
  • all OPs in the Deals forum not faded

.. and if this should only be an override for automagic marking =ct_o and non-simple Comment Tracker, or how.
(I don't know if simple also fades things out)

3 years ago

Hi, I want to switch from extension version to userscript one because the updating is way too slow in Chrome Web Store. It's still in 8.7.2 at the moment. But I encountered a few troubles:

1) The userscript version is still 8.7.2 when I clicked the "click here" in the "Option 2 - Userscript" section.
2) The script didn't update when I clicked "check for updates" in the dashboard of Tempermokey."
3) I tried to restore data(tried with & without replacing current data) in userscript 8.7.2 from the extension backup in my computer but it took 2 hours and still showing "restoring." Is it normal?

Thanks for your help.

[EDIT]: Ok, I saw the extension version is updated to 8.7.3 now in the Chrome Web Store. So, it took 36hrs or so to get updated. I think I may wait another 36+hrs for 8.7.4 version.

[EDIT2]: All good now. I accidentally restart my computer and the script auto-update to 8.7.3 and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I should say it looks pretty awesome now, much much cleaner. The small enter button doesn't bother me much though but still looking forward to 8.7.4 hotfix. Again, thank you, Mr. Revilheart!

3 years ago*

v8.7.3 (and consequentially v8.7.4) is not yet available for the userscript, because of a few complications. I'm working on getting it released for it soon.

3 years ago

Oh... So, previous comments about 8.7.3~4 are for Firefox and Pale Moon? I thought they were talking about userscript verision. My bad. 😐

3 years ago

After reloading the sync page on 8.7.4 and syncing:

Owned/wishlisted/ignored games synced.
Added apps:
Added packages:

This would ordinarily list (and link to) the apps and packages that have been added, but now it just shows that weird blank.

3 years ago

Will look into it.

3 years ago

Quick update, I haven't found anything about it on the changelog so I'm not sure whether you did something to specifically target this issue, but it seems fixed on 8.8.1.

Unrelated, I thought you had moved to GitLab, but now you're back on GitHub? I must admit I'm a bit confused. :)

3 years ago

Yeah, I fixed it in v8.8.0.

I ended up going back to GitHub because most users are on it, and it allows me to post the userscript file with the releases. I probably shouldn't have moved to GitLab in the first place, but oh well.

3 years ago

hi
i came a long 2 bugs(?)

i once had the issue with the bookmarks page only loading 5 GAs at a time and had to click the button for the next 5 GAs here: Post. it got solved by enabling endless scrolling for the bookmarks 2.8.5 it would load all bookmarked GAs one after another without the need to click on the Load more button.
now this doesnt seem to work anymore... it only shows 5 Gas. disabling endless scrolling here doesnt seem to work either... the button for loading more isnt there anymore, so i cant see the entire list anymore one way or the other
Edit: noticed you moved the button to the top so one doesnt need to scroll everytime. nice. but the endless scrolling solution is still off.

the page with the settings used to keep the Save button visible at all times, so we wouldnt need to scroll to the top everytime we wanted to save... this isnt there anymore either

EDIT: there is another thing that i noticed already some time ago
the last page link doesnt seem to work on the main page when browsing giveaways. it works e.g. in discussions, won page, profiles.

EDIT2: found another one
when trying to extract giveaways from a discussion page, the new tab opens randomly among other tabs currently open in the browser. not next to it, how it used to or even as at the end... but somewhere in between, but every time at the same place.

3 years ago*

+1 for the bookmarks by packs of 5, it should be as before with loading in the background (and i too have my endless scrolling well set).

3 years ago

Thanks, will look into all of those.

As for the last one, you're on Firefox, right? That's weird, 'cause tabs are opening in the right place for me and I'm on Firefox too. Might be some setting.

3 years ago

yes on firefox
i tried it out again after restarting my PC and it still happens.
yeah its weird... it worked perfectly fine before the update

3 years ago

All bugs other than the tab one will be fixed in the next version, I still don't know what's going on there.

By the way, Last Page Link doesn't work in the main page because it doesn't offer the total number of giveaways, and the https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?page=999999 discussion trick doesn't work there, so ESGST can't calculate the last page.

3 years ago

goof to know 👍
and thanks for all the work :)

3 years ago

Browser: Google Chrome v84.0.4147.105 x64
ESGST: v8.7.3 from Google Chrome Store

• After update button "Enter" is very small, same bug with button for getting giveaway comments.
  • Many options was reseted, and it is VERY bad =\ I've spent 2 or 3 hours to setup options as i need and do it again... will be a pain (many options from 9.2, idk about other options, can't force myself to list all that options again).
  • Custom tags for games doesn't work (9.2.12.2), it looks like onClick handler is broken (no reaction for mouse click on "Tags" button and on custom tags).
  • All "Run it here: Everywere" reseted to "Run it here: Custom".
3 years ago

A couple of those were already fixed with v8.7.4, but it might take a while to arrive in the Chrome store.

The Game Categories options went through an overhaul, but that shouldn't have resetted anything. Can you be a bit more specific about what was resetted?

3 years ago

In 9.2 all option which was displayed as "Label" after update was reseted to "Icon" (for example, 9.2.9 was displayed as "Early access", after update it display icon <i class="fa fa-unlock-alt"> and all other options in 9.2 are same). Didn't checked other options. This label->icon change caught my eye immediately coz it very uncomfortable after my old visual setup xD

In all options (in all categories) "Run it here" reseted to "Custom" with regexp ".*" (i know it work like "Everywhere" option, but then what a point to have "Everywhere" option? and value "Custom" is uncomfortable when checking settings).

3 years ago

But your old labels are there, right? It just changed to icon? If you didn't do anything, I might be able to fix it.

3 years ago

Didn't checked old labels yet. Lazy xD
Would be very nice if it will be fixed :) I changed only 2 or 3 options back to labels (was impossible to work with giveaways list). But I clicked "Save settings"... So, it means I saved those damn icons? Maybe I have to restore the backup of settings (i setted up backup to google.drive every 3 days) ?

3 years ago

When you save, it only saves settings you modified (or at least it should). I'll do some tests and try to fix this as soon as I can. Sorry about that.

3 years ago

Okay) Thanks for reply :) Will wait for a new version at Chrome store.

3 years ago

what are you did with font size and Enter button?! where i can rebuild this? :D
ok. Giveaway panel reset helps. v8.7.3
p.s. and i made some changes in Giveaway Columns for good view too

3 years ago*

It was fixed in v8.7.4.

3 years ago

i saw it, but why 8.7.3 do not upgrades to 8.7.4? why still 8.7.3 in chrome store?

3 years ago*

Because the Chrome store is slow.

3 years ago

Patience is a virtue. I think it takes 30hrs or so to get updated in the Chrome Web Store. So, few more hours from now, I think.

3 years ago

The latest update popup says that if you want the changelog to automatically show in the popup in the future then "go to the settings menu and grant permission to "gitlab.com"

But when on the ESGST settings page, searching "git" only turns up one result: "GitHub Wiki SteamGifts Integration"

There's no mention of gitlab on the ESGST settings page apparently.

I'm on Chrome. ESGST 8.7.3.

3 years ago

Search for permissions on the settings page, on Firefox there is a link to a new page where you control the permissions, it probably is the same on Chrome.

3 years ago

I ended up figuring it out on my own, but thanks.

I made the mistake of using Chrome's search (ctrl+F) at first. That's what was wrong.

After posting I noticed there's a search box on the ESGST settings page and found out that did work.

3 years ago

The links above in the OP are all still GitHub, not GitLab.

3 years ago

Oh, I haven't updated this post in a long time, thanks for reminding me. The links should be good now, except for the script one, which I'm still working on releasing through GreasyFork.

3 years ago

Will there be a fix to remove the camera icons from giveaways?

3 years ago

It's the bug that resets game categories from labels to icons, right? I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

3 years ago

The screenshots icon.

3 years ago

Ok, the way you worded it made it seem like a bug. The screenshots icon is a SG feature, not a ESGST one, so I guess what you want is a feature to remove that feature. You could probably use Element Filters to hide it.

3 years ago*

How do I hide the CSS selector?

3 years ago

Use the selector .giveaway__icon.fa.fa-fw.fa-camera

3 years ago

Where do I hide the selector? I enter it on the bottom and it does nothing.

3 years ago

You entered it in the filters and saved?

3 years ago

I had to restart to make it stick. Thanks.

3 years ago

How to disable giveaway descriptions popups?

3 years ago

Er, before the update, there was a button to "extract giveaways from this point forward only", which was very useful on massive trains. However, since the update, this button seems to have disappeared. Would you please either put it back in or tell me what it was called so that I can make sure I have it turned on? Thank you very much, as always, for all of your work on this!

I'm on Firefox.

3 years ago

In 8.7.4? In 8.7.3, the function is no problem.

BTW, in 8.7.3, the auto-loading only runs once on the "giveaway bookmark" page for "opeining in a new tab." And for openning on the popup, it's still not quite right like before. Have to keep scrolling down to make it load more giveaways.

3 years ago*

Click the gear icon in the popup and you'll get the option. I guess it was more convenient already starting the extractor with it, but I wanted to reduce the duplicate buttons for the same feature. I'll bring it back somehow.

3 years ago

I do not recall seeing that gear before, (😮) and I didn't realize that that was now the default option for the extractor (it was the one that I usually used, so I agree that it is convenient to start the extractor with it). Thank you very much for pointing it out to me, and there is no need to bring back the separate button just on my behalf.
Thank you quite much again!

3 years ago

It's new, it was added in v8.7.3.

3 years ago

Thank you for the info!

3 years ago

hi, i have another issue which isnt new due to the update but it bothered me for a while now

looking at discussions i have this button enabled that should bring me to the first unread comment to that discussion (see picture)
but this doesnt seem to work.. it never did since the first time i tried it out.
All it does is showing the loading icon in its place and bring me to the top of the page when im at the main page (browsing GAs)
and when im browsing all discussions it opens a new tab but i get the error that the data couldnt be found
"moz-extension://67761685-95b3-43d1-86af-ecae9f1bfec7/go/comment/P17IjAb"
it doesnt matter if the discussion is small or big

would love to use this function especially in bigger discussions with multiple pageswhen someone posted something in the middle

View attached image.
3 years ago

The 5.7 function also never™ works for me, it opens URLs like chrome-extension://ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna/go/comment/YdXpNfc or chrome-extension://ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna/go/comment/uimH3LM

The user above is using FF, I am using Chrome, both extension version.

3 years ago

How to fix the green icon not align in the middle? It happened long time ago. Is it normal?

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Probably a theme issue?

3 years ago

Yes, indeed. I toggle the theme settings 11.2 SGv2 Dark on/off and press "generate" and bang...all good now. Thanks for the tip.

3 years ago

As a heads up, themes will be removed from the next version, so it's probably best to install Stylus and use the up-to-date versions provided by SquishedPotatoe.

3 years ago

Oh, really? What a decision of change for ESGST!! Ok, thanks for the heads up. I've turned off the theme on ESGST and switched to Stylus version of SGv2 Dark by SquishedPotatoe successfully.

3 years ago

https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst is now a mirror repository, rather than being archived, because why not. This means that any changes in the GitLab repo are pushed to the GitHub repo as well, but issues / merge requests have to go on GitLab.

This should also make it easier for people who have forked the repo on GitHub to continue receiving updates there (but remember that the default branch has been renamed from master to main, so if you've forked, you need to update your copy to reflect that).

3 years ago*

Feature 3.5.5 start work wrong, it adds "a" before all nicknames.

3 years ago

Already fixed in v8.7.4.

3 years ago

For some reason my entered giveaways remain faded and not hidden.

3 years ago

Where? In the main page? It's working fine for me, are you in the latest version?

3 years ago

I'm using the 8.7.1 version and yes it happens in the main page.

3 years ago

try the latest, 8.7.4.

3 years ago

Version: Chrome, 8.7.3

The bookmarked and extracted giveaways can't auto-load more than 5 giveaways. Is it normal? How can I make it load the whole list?

3 years ago*

Bug, will be fixed in v8.8.0 (expected release tomorrow).

3 years ago

Got it! Thanks!

3 years ago

[Update]: The script is just update to 8.7.4 in Chorme version and it seems the issue is fixed in the extracted giveaways page but not the bookmarked one.

3 years ago

The fix is for v8.8.0.

3 years ago

Yeah, yeah, l know. Sorry I didn't make it clear. I just want to report that the issue in the extracted giveaways page is fixed. 😬

3 years ago

No problem.

I'll take advantage of this reply to test a new functionality, ignore the rest of this comment.

Good: 😄 😢 😎
Bad: :smiling: :crying: :sunglass:
Ignore: :smile: :cry: :sunglasses:

3 years ago*

v8.7.3 or newer version uses ES2019(ES10) function like array.flat() or Object.fromEntries().
So it don't work on older browser.
And I decided to use v8.7.2 disabling auto-update.

3 years ago

What specific older browser? I started fully taking advantage of Babel to target most recent browsers, browsers that have more than 0.5% market share and Firefox 56 (which should target Firefox ESR and Pale Moon), and excluding Internet Explorer, because nobody should still be using that. This results in a much smaller file, since Babel doesn't need to do a lot of transpiling. But if you could tell me what browser you're using, I might consider including it, if it doesn't increase the file size too much.

3 years ago

I use Chromium-based browser, Kinza v4.8.2 (Chromium version is 67.0.3396.99, I'm using old version of Kinza due to some reason).
According to MDN web docs, compatibility of flat() is Chrome:v69+, firefox:v62+.
And compatibility of fromEntries() is Chrome:v73+, firefox:v63+.

3 years ago

Strange, since I target Firefox 56, it should work without issues. I'll look into it.

3 years ago

Ok, I think I figured out the issue, will be fixed in the next version.

3 years ago

Thank you.

3 years ago

Just being curious, may I ask how to dissable auto-update?
I'm using Chrome extension version.

3 years ago

Oh, ok. Kinda hacky thingy. Thanks for the info anyway!

3 years ago

ESGST 8.7.4 (Firefox addon)

Option 2.8.11 (Endless Scrolling - Show page divisors) is broken. It only shows the last one.

It was working fine in 8.7.2.

3 years ago

This is fixed in 8.8.0. Thanks. :)

3 years ago

About the GAs bookmarks, that doesn't load entirely, but by packs of 5 with a button "Load More" : will it be possible in the future to have the autoload without clicking X times ? I think i saw the question here and someone say it would be corrected in the future but there were other questions in the same post, so not sure if it was about the bookmarks. Thanks !

3 years ago

Also suggestion : along with the bookmark button on the GAs list for each GA, a button that would add all GAs of the same game currently running.

3 years ago

3 years ago

And when is v8.8.0 due ? Someone said "tomorrow" 6 days ago but i think it was 8.7.4.

3 years ago

8.8.0 was planned for 9. August but wasn't released so far. I've no idea when Rafael is actually going to release the new version. I hope it'll be soon because I'm also affected by that bug.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.