Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hi, I just installed the extension and I am very impressed with your work! I am still exploring all options, but could you maybe help me with this: I would like to be subscribed to any post were I have left a comment. So if I leave a comment, I would like to tur the bell icon on automatically, since I can forget to do that. Thanks a lot!

3 years ago

Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot the performance problems that appear to be caused by this extension? I'm thinking it's related to it using too much memory. I currently have it disabled and Firefox is running well. With it enabled, the extension itself gets slower and slower and eventually it makes many other parts of the browser slow. Like loading a YouTube video has long delays before the video starts.
What I would like to do is to set all the ESGST settings to default to see if that fixes the problem, but I don't want to lose my settings. Can I save my settings, then reset ESGST to it's default to try it and see if it fixes the issue, then load in the setting again to go back to what it was?

3 years ago

I would suggest backup all ESGST data, remove ESGST and re-install it. Then you should have a clean ESGST version with default settings and you can test if that runs fine. If everything runs fine you can restore your data/settings part by part.

3 years ago

Thanks. I've been running with the extension disabled and Firefox still seems to get slow after a while (although it takes longer than when I have ESGST enabled), so I am guessing it may be more than just ESGST. Perhaps one of my other extensions has a memory leak or perhaps Firefox itself.

I'd rather not troubleshoot this by disabling various extensions because it takes a while for the problem to appear and that could get tedious. I'll see if I can use the profiler, perhaps that might tell me something.

3 years ago

Question : is it possible with ESGST to see easily all the giveaways i have created or won for a particular group ? I can do it with the filters, but it seems to do a lot of requests, and everything is blocked quickly, so i was hoping for an option that i couldn't find. Thanks !

3 years ago

Don't know of any better options within ESGST but maybe you can use https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/XFaPQ/json-support.

3 years ago

This might work indeed ! And probably way faster and not paralyzing Chrome while doing it too :) Thanks.

3 years ago

Since when I updated to last version, every time I open bookmark giveaways, a new tab with the same url I was on automatically opens.
I have 3.15.5 deactivated, as well as all other options that mention to open something in a new tab.
Does not happen with giveaway extractor.

ESGST 8.8.6
Firefox 84.0.1 extension version

3 years ago

Probably fixed in the next (yet unreleased) version: https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst/issues/1689

3 years ago

Thanks for pointing it out

3 years ago

Seems I am missing something, but I'd like to be able to sync settings (like giveaway filters) across devices. I see an option to download settings but no option to upload settings.

3 years ago

use the backup data and restore data options, it include the settings and other data such as filters, game/user tags, hidden discussions, etc

3 years ago

Does not seem to work unfortunatelly

3 years ago

I deleted settings data from the script version but now I am unable to re-access ESGST at all, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the script or factory resetting Tampermonkey. I really don't want to set up a whole new browser profile (Waterfox) to get access back.

3 years ago

I'm not sure what's causing it but I'm having a weird issue - I'm on a new PC and trying to restore my settings but doesn't seem to work. Tried cleaning, deleting. Doesn't work.

Tried using wizard to set options, but it just says 'saving' but never finishes. Tried manually enabling the options I want, but if I enable too many, they all get reverted back automatically. Only one or two options stay enabled.

What's going on ?

3 years ago

Hello

I got a querstion about filter presets

I can make own preset for wislist, group and recommended giveaways

But in MULTI,DLC and general there is only 1 combined filter preset

I tried to change name but its applying to those 3 tabs

How to make each one individual filters?

Thanks

3 years ago

Dont know if you saw my answer after I edited:

My guess is that its the same as ALL section. Because the others has "search?type=XXXX".
DLC and multiple copies is just a regular search. Its not a own type.

3 years ago

thanks for reply

3 years ago

Can't sync hidden games, constantly get stuck with Error 429.

3 years ago

+1

I had to re-install the extension, but It's kinda impossible to sync groups or friends from Steam.

I have been able to sync everything after a clean installation of this extension not so long ago (requests were already implemented).

3 years ago

Everything works for me except for hidden games, and it's specifically because it gets rate-limited due to having so many pages to check.

3 years ago

If you're on 8.8.6 you can try custom adaptive request limits. Increase the times a bit and try again. Also it's the best to do nothing else on sg while syncing hidden games. There's a bug that the request limits aren't working everywhere #1685. It is fixed in 8.8.7 but this version wasn't released so far.

3 years ago

The adaptive request limits was actually enough to work for me. Figures I was SOL with 700 pages of hidden games. Thanks.

3 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to filter out giveaways with the user-defined tag Anime on Steam but ESGST doesn't seem to find any with the filter I created and because of this doesn't hide any. This is almost certainly because of something I've done wrong but I can't figure out what? https://i.imgur.com/czwwXaB.png

3 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. Use the "Genres" filter. As long as you have the game category enabled it should work.

3 years ago

Did the Inbox Winner Highlighter get disabled a longtime ago? It hasn't worked for me at all.

3 years ago

Not sure, I'll take a look.

3 years ago

Anyone having issues with - ESGST option 6.17 User Suspension Tracker?
When checking reports or trying to send them, I get a looping loading icon. I've sent a bug report, but just wondering if this is an isolated issue for me.

3 years ago

It hasn't worked in a long time, actually. I'm currently fixing it, will try to release a new version this weekend.

3 years ago

Thanks for the update, and for all the hard work with the add-on.

3 years ago

Hey, is there a way to filter in a group giveaways view all the giveaways you're involved in (gifter or winner) ? Thanks !

3 years ago

Activate Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters, Created Filter, Previously Won Filter, Game Categories and Previously Won. You also need to sync your won games. After that you can go to the group page and adjust the filter like you want.

3 years ago

Thanks for the answer. I think the results are drowned into previously won games on other groups (or no groups).

After a search, there is also a "Winners" filter that does the second part of the job. But with all those ESGST options that i have now, it is extremely long to load each page...

3 years ago

I think the results are drowned into previously won games on other groups (or no groups).

I don't get what you mean with that. If you go to the giveaway page of a group e.g. SteamDB and use the filters you should only see the games you want to see. However I would prefer previously won over winners especially if you only want to filter games you won. For winners ESGST needs to open the winners page of every giveaway (not sure if ESGST caches that) leading to a lot of requests while previously won makes no additional requests.

3 years ago

What i mean is, with previously won, you see games that you have already won, but not necessarily on this particular group.

3 years ago

Oh I'm dumb. You're right not sure why I thought previously won would work the way you want it.

3 years ago

Did you had someone else with this problem? The extension just uninstalled by itself. It was here yesterday, now it isn't. I'm using firefox.
Edit.: I checked the add-on manager and it is there and also it is activated, but, still, isn't working at all.

3 years ago

i remember i had this also happen to me once, but i believe it solved itself somehow... cant rememebr if i did something or not.
but have you tried restarting firefox or the PC itself? dont know

3 years ago

Last even here was a BSOD. Tried to deactivate/activate and did nothing. didn't restart firefox so far (because lazyness in log in everything again).

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

I'm a bit lost. do I need to track addons changes? or just ESGST? is there a revert or recovery option to certain date?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

I didn't. Last time I changed anything on the whole windows/softwares (besides undervolting) has been over an year.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

3 years ago

this problem seems random and looks like there's no solution. interestingly, none of them came back.

3 years ago

Probably something corrupted in the storage, preventing the extension from starting? You could try locating the storage file on your computer and seeing if there's anything wrong with it. Maybe this can help locate it if you don't know where it is: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3048636

3 years ago

Surprisingly, my HD ended up dead today. Completely dead. Never saw a entirely dead HD before... Since all my data, including windows and software data is on my SSD, I think there was no link between this and the dead hard drive... However, is there any data that could end up on the dead HD?

3 years ago

I don't think so. If your data is on the SSD, then the storage should be there.

3 years ago

I recently reinstalled everything and ESGST is partially working. But, somehow, I can't sync with Steam. I have synced everything else, except Steam. It doesn't share any data about groups, friends, nothing. API is ok and all permissions are granted. No idea how to fix.

3 years ago

I have a question about thread subscription and notifications (guess it is an option 2.34). I want to get notifications only for top-level comments (created with main comment form at the top or bottom on the page), but not for comments replies (created with the "Reply" button). Is it possible and, if yes, how can I achieve it?

3 years ago

Not right now, and I don't know if it would be feasible to implement it, I'll look into it.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

That function no longer works. SteamGifts now provides this information on https://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games (you'll see a new column "No Value"), so the information can be retrieved automatically from there without having users update the database manually. So you can just disable that option for now (it will be removed in the next version) and sync "No CV Games" in the sync menu: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=sync

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

I installed this extension not too long ago and I just wanted to give my thanks for creating this masterpiece!

3 years ago

Is it just for me that fetching game categories has been reeeeaaaally slow for a few days? I tried deleting cache in local storage. I cleared cache and cookies in browser. I deleted my data and tried activating just trading cards category and nothing seems to help.
Even tried removing permissions and activating them again. Sync also seems to fail on reduced games and no cv.

3 years ago

Had the same problems. I guess there were some server issues during the last few days with https://rafaelgssa.com which is used for fetching game categories. It works fine for me right now.

3 years ago

Seems to go a little better now after clearing the browser cache and I had the page reloaded twice after fetching everything.

Before I could come back 10-15 minutes later and it still wasnt done.

3 years ago

With 8.8.7 it should be faster even if the server is slow https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst/issues/1701.

3 years ago

It's been slow for a few days, and it has pretty much completely stopped for me today (perhaps because https://rafaelgssa.com/ is returning an Error 503). The frustrating thing is that I don't even pull game categories! I only have it display rating data, wishlist status, and trading cards, all of which I would expect to come from Steam, not "rafaelgssa."

Edit: Oh, I see that in the config, all of those things are considered "categories." Is it getting all of this data from rafaelgssa instead of Steam?

3 years ago

rafaelgssa.com is my server. It stores caches for the game categories, so that, in the best case scenario, it pulls all of them from my server with 1 request, instead of making several requests to Steam. If an error happens, it should fall back to Steam, but right now this process isn't optimal, which is why I'm working on improving it for the next version.

3 years ago

The server appears to be having some problems, I'm trying to work them out. Will see if I can push v8.8.7 tomorrow, which should fix this.

3 years ago

v8.8.7 is starting to roll out. Note that the server is still slow at the moment, and it might take until everyone is on v8.8.7 for the stress to go away. I might push another version in a couple days if it's still a problem by then.

3 years ago

The Chrome web store still shows version 8.8.6 for me, and that version is still very slow atm, almost unusable. Any news on when the new version will begin rolling out there?
Thank you very much for your hard work :)

3 years ago

Whenever google decides to do so, unfortunately rafael can't force them to do it faster.
I'm gonna guess 48-72hrs from when he did the release.

3 years ago

Ayep, can confirm the new version being available since at least a few hours ago.
And with it, there were petty noticeable changes in the loading speed department indeed, thank you!!

3 years ago

Well, this is the first time I'm trying to install the userscript, so I'd like to report some problems.
Syncing already is taking 20 minutes and it seems stuck, I'm getting kicked out of steam and it reports that I sent too many requests in short time often, on giveaway page, gor each giveaway it says it gives "full CV", even though its bundled(reduced CV) or free (no CV)

3 years ago

Especially hidden games may take very long to sync. Have you tried syncing the features you need one by one? Unless you've successfully synced rcv and ncv games it will probably show the wrong info. So maybe start with only syncing these and see if it works.

3 years ago

Hey guys, really small suggestion here : in the giveaway list pages (like created, entered, etc...), there is a double line to separate, future, present and past giveaways, but it's not that easy to distinguish it. Would it be possible to have an option for a fat colorful line instead ? Thanks !

3 years ago

[possible bug or weird behavior]
I have activated options 2.17.1 (unentered wishlist giveaways indication), 2.17.1.1 (also show as a browser notification), and 2.17.1.2 (only indicate for giveaways ending in a specified number of hours => setted 8 hours).

1st problem - addon show notification even if I've entered GA before 8h timeframe. In this situation notification is just pointless.
2nd problem - after I close notification or click on notification window addon show a new notification in a few sec. And repeat it 2-5 times. But sometimes addon doesn't do it, just show me 1 notification. I have no idea when it do spam and when it works ok. But guess it is abnormal. And notification spam is annoying, especially with option 2.17.1.1.1 active (it just makes 2.17.1.1.1 unusable).

• Google Chrome v89.0.4389.90
• ESGST addon v8.8.6

3 years ago

hi, i have a similar problem with multiple notifications popping up. (problem 2)
do you per chance have multiple tabs of SG open?
cause i suspect that each tab as it reloads data in the background is giving a notification each time.
Problem 1 doesnt occur for me.

3 years ago

Yeah, always have at least 2 SG tabs.
I hope author can (and will) fix it. Guess the addon should work independ of tabs)

3 years ago

Thanks for the report, will take a look.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Same browser, same problem

3 years ago

I have this as well on the same browser.
I started going into individual ga's and hiding the game in there.

3 years ago

+1
without the technical info though...

3 years ago

Pale Moon 29.1.0
Same behavior.

3 years ago

Thanks for the report, will look into it.

3 years ago

Any ETA on when this might get fixed?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

64bit chrome 89.0.4389.90
Exact same issue

3 years ago

Hi, since the new update 8.8.7 fading of read comments doesnt work for me anymore. option 6.7.5
tried to turn off the option and turn back on. didnt work.

ff 86.0.1 (64-Bit)

3 years ago

Thanks for the report, will look into it.

3 years ago

really ugly bookmarklet solution / workaround. bookmark anything, and replace the bookmark destination with one of the code blocks. put in your bookmark toolbar for easy access. (or mark a text block and drag it into your bookmars bar, then change the name line)

just fade read stuff once:
javascript:document.querySelectorAll('.esgst-ct-comment-button > .fa-eye-slash').forEach(el => el.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.classList.add('esgst-faded'));

fade read, unfade unread once:
javascript:document.querySelectorAll('.esgst-ct-comment-button > .fa-eye-slash').forEach(el => el.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.classList.add('esgst-faded')); document.querySelectorAll('.esgst-ct-comment-button > .fa-eye').forEach(el => el.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.classList.remove('esgst-faded'));

on the current page, fade read and unfade unread as you modify them:
javascript:document.querySelectorAll('.esgst-ct-comment-button > .fa-eye-slash').forEach(el => el.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.classList.add('esgst-faded')); var mPar = document.querySelectorAll('div.comments')[1], options = { childList: true, subtree: true }, observer = new MutationObserver(mCallback);function mCallback (mutations) { for (let mutation of mutations) { if (mutation.type === 'childList') { if (Array.from(mutation.addedNodes).some(({classList}) => classList.contains('fa-eye'))) {mutation.target.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.classList.remove('esgst-faded')} if (Array.from(mutation.addedNodes).some(({classList}) => classList.contains('fa-eye-slash'))) {mutation.target.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.classList.add('esgst-faded')} } }} observer.observe(mPar, options);

click the (toolbar) bookmarklet every time you want things faded. delete once a fixed ESGST is available to you.

Doesn't work nicely on the messages page, only in threads that have replies. Let me know if you need that one fixed.

3 years ago*

thanks for the effort but sorry, im too noob to understand any of this.
will rather wait for an official solution than try something out i have no clue about.
maybe someone else will be happy with this :)

3 years ago

THANK YOU for making it work in Pale Moon Browser again. It was a pain not being able to use your script for 4 months.

3 years ago

Wow, didn't realize it was that long. Sorry about that. I had actually fixed it all the way back in December on beta, but I was waiting to work on some more stuff before releasing a new version and time just flew.

3 years ago

Today when I turned on my PC, I get this error in console:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in object at line 1 column 2088353 of the JSON data
<anonymous> moz-extension://30771ba8-1b45-47b8-ab47-9745c25c0d24/esgst.js:88
async* moz-extension://30771ba8-1b45-47b8-ab47-9745c25c0d24/esgst.js:88
n moz-extension://30771ba8-1b45-47b8-ab47-9745c25c0d24/esgst.js:1
<anonymous> moz-extension://30771ba8-1b45-47b8-ab47-9745c25c0d24/esgst.js:1
<anonymous> moz-extension://30771ba8-1b45-47b8-ab47-9745c25c0d24/esgst.js:1
ESGST not starting at all. I'm using Firefox 87.0 (64-bit)

3 years ago

Probably your data got corrupted? Do you have a recent backup? Because then you could just reinstall the extension and restore the backup.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.