Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hi, I just installed the extension and I am very impressed with your work! I am still exploring all options, but could you maybe help me with this: I would like to be subscribed to any post were I have left a comment. So if I leave a comment, I would like to tur the bell icon on automatically, since I can forget to do that. Thanks a lot!

2 months ago

Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot the performance problems that appear to be caused by this extension? I'm thinking it's related to it using too much memory. I currently have it disabled and Firefox is running well. With it enabled, the extension itself gets slower and slower and eventually it makes many other parts of the browser slow. Like loading a YouTube video has long delays before the video starts.
What I would like to do is to set all the ESGST settings to default to see if that fixes the problem, but I don't want to lose my settings. Can I save my settings, then reset ESGST to it's default to try it and see if it fixes the issue, then load in the setting again to go back to what it was?

2 months ago

I would suggest backup all ESGST data, remove ESGST and re-install it. Then you should have a clean ESGST version with default settings and you can test if that runs fine. If everything runs fine you can restore your data/settings part by part.

1 month ago

Thanks. I've been running with the extension disabled and Firefox still seems to get slow after a while (although it takes longer than when I have ESGST enabled), so I am guessing it may be more than just ESGST. Perhaps one of my other extensions has a memory leak or perhaps Firefox itself.

I'd rather not troubleshoot this by disabling various extensions because it takes a while for the problem to appear and that could get tedious. I'll see if I can use the profiler, perhaps that might tell me something.

1 month ago

Question : is it possible with ESGST to see easily all the giveaways i have created or won for a particular group ? I can do it with the filters, but it seems to do a lot of requests, and everything is blocked quickly, so i was hoping for an option that i couldn't find. Thanks !

1 month ago

Since when I updated to last version, every time I open bookmark giveaways, a new tab with the same url I was on automatically opens.
I have 3.15.5 deactivated, as well as all other options that mention to open something in a new tab.
Does not happen with giveaway extractor.

ESGST 8.8.6
Firefox 84.0.1 extension version

1 month ago

Seems I am missing something, but I'd like to be able to sync settings (like giveaway filters) across devices. I see an option to download settings but no option to upload settings.

1 month ago

use the backup data and restore data options, it include the settings and other data such as filters, game/user tags, hidden discussions, etc

1 month ago

Does not seem to work unfortunatelly

3 weeks ago

I deleted settings data from the script version but now I am unable to re-access ESGST at all, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the script or factory resetting Tampermonkey. I really don't want to set up a whole new browser profile (Waterfox) to get access back.

1 month ago

I'm not sure what's causing it but I'm having a weird issue - I'm on a new PC and trying to restore my settings but doesn't seem to work. Tried cleaning, deleting. Doesn't work.

Tried using wizard to set options, but it just says 'saving' but never finishes. Tried manually enabling the options I want, but if I enable too many, they all get reverted back automatically. Only one or two options stay enabled.

What's going on ?

1 month ago

Hello

I got a querstion about filter presets

I can make own preset for wislist, group and recommended giveaways

But in MULTI,DLC and general there is only 1 combined filter preset

I tried to change name but its applying to those 3 tabs

How to make each one individual filters?

Thanks

1 month ago

Dont know if you saw my answer after I edited:

My guess is that its the same as ALL section. Because the others has "search?type=XXXX".
DLC and multiple copies is just a regular search. Its not a own type.

1 month ago

thanks for reply

1 month ago

Can't sync hidden games, constantly get stuck with Error 429.

1 month ago

+1

I had to re-install the extension, but It's kinda impossible to sync groups or friends from Steam.

I have been able to sync everything after a clean installation of this extension not so long ago (requests were already implemented).

1 week ago

Everything works for me except for hidden games, and it's specifically because it gets rate-limited due to having so many pages to check.

1 week ago

If you're on 8.8.6 you can try custom adaptive request limits. Increase the times a bit and try again. Also it's the best to do nothing else on sg while syncing hidden games. There's a bug that the request limits aren't working everywhere #1685. It is fixed in 8.8.7 but this version wasn't released so far.

1 week ago

The adaptive request limits was actually enough to work for me. Figures I was SOL with 700 pages of hidden games. Thanks.

1 week ago

Hi, I'm trying to filter out giveaways with the user-defined tag Anime on Steam but ESGST doesn't seem to find any with the filter I created and because of this doesn't hide any. This is almost certainly because of something I've done wrong but I can't figure out what? https://i.imgur.com/czwwXaB.png

3 weeks ago

Sorry for the late reply. Use the "Genres" filter. As long as you have the game category enabled it should work.

1 day ago

Did the Inbox Winner Highlighter get disabled a longtime ago? It hasn't worked for me at all.

3 days ago

Not sure, I'll take a look.

1 day ago

Anyone having issues with - ESGST option 6.17 User Suspension Tracker?
When checking reports or trying to send them, I get a looping loading icon. I've sent a bug report, but just wondering if this is an isolated issue for me.

2 days ago

It hasn't worked in a long time, actually. I'm currently fixing it, will try to release a new version this weekend.

1 day ago

Thanks for the update, and for all the hard work with the add-on.

1 day ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.