The festival season 2017 starts in Europe and I thought I will do a little Festival Train for you. As I will go to Southside Festival in Germany, the games are also indiegames. The train includes 3 bundles from indiegala.

Did you ever visit a music festival? Do you like them? What is you favorite festival?
I love them and my favorite festival is the Southside Festival. Visiting now for the 15th time
Here are some impressions: Aftermovie 2015

And now let´s start the season

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I've visited: Summerfestival & Laundry Day twice. (2 of the many festivals in Belgium) I really liked em but as growing up I lost interest
I might go to Tomorrowland someday, when I've gathered enough money :p

6 years ago

Laundry Day, what a nice name. Getting older is hard^^ We tell us every year that this would be the last year for doing festivals and therefore all of our friends have to come with us. Nowadays we could be the parents of the younger audiance. :-)

6 years ago

Yeah it's a funny name! There is each time a clothespin/clothes peg on the festival poster! (See below) The main stage one year looked like a big washing machine, etc. They always refer somehow to the theme "laundry".

View attached image.
6 years ago

PS thanks for the train!
And here are some impressions of the major festivals in Belgium
Laundry day
Pukkelpop
Tomorrowland Belgium
Rock Werchter 2016 ==> European Festival Awards crowned Best Major Festival!
Do you have a preferred music genre?

6 years ago

You are welcome, alcapone. Thank you for sharing the aftermovies. Tomorrowland has really fantastic stages.

My favorite genres are metal, rock, punk, but I am open minded. Every genre has its great artists.

6 years ago

Allright! This one might be your style ;)
Graspop metal festival

6 years ago

Oh yes. This looks really fine. :-)

6 years ago

Bumpy ^^

6 years ago

Thank you for the ride and the music :D

6 years ago

Thanks for the ride! Have fun! :D
I've only been to a few metal festivals, but I couldn't even move for a day or two afterwards. Now I only go to single-band concerts.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Thank you, vaudi2000 :) I've never been to a music festival myself.

6 years ago

bump. thanks for the nice ride! :)

6 years ago

Thanks for the train ;).

There are a couple of music festivals in Finland that I go to every couple of years, depending on the lineup of artists.
If I had a ton of money I would probably go every year, but since the tickets are quite expensive, I usually only go if there are multiple artists that I "have to" see.

First one is Flow Festival in Helsinki.
It's an annual festival that started in 2004. I've gone there about 5 times, first time being maybe 2007?
There's a lot of different kinds of stages and tents with all sorts of music.
Main stage usually has big name artists, as well as the biggest tent, while other stages have smaller names, local bands or "world music" stuff etc.
There's also good food and art installations.

Resident Advisor's video

The second festival I go to every few years is Pori Jazz, in Pori.
It's been held since 1966 and of course is mostly about Jazz music, but has gotten more and more mainstream artists as the years have gone by.
It also has a bunch of stages, usually one or two just for Jazz and the main stage has big name artists that vary a lot in styles.
It is known for its "picnic" culture where people go hang around on the grass all day with snacks and drinks.

2016 aftermovie

6 years ago

Thank you for sharing the two festivals. Never heard of them before, I would love to visit them. :-)

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

BUMP!

6 years ago

bump ~

6 years ago

Thank you for the nice ride and have a bump!

6 years ago

Bump :D

6 years ago

Bamf

6 years ago

summer is where ALL the festivals start!

6 years ago

BUMP

6 years ago

I've never been to a music festival, only to individual concerts. Bump!

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Did you ever visit a music festival? Do you like them? What is you favorite festival?

I haven't. I don't. For some weird reason I'm gonna go with Lollapalooza. Maybe cause it's fun to say the name, but I do tend to watch a lot of the performances on youtube afterwards.
I love music, I love festivals but I detest crowds. I'm someone who needs his personal space, even with people I'm close to, so my options if I attend are either watch the show up close being squeezed by everyone and me fidgeting in the middle, being too distracted and uncomfortable to enjoy anything or watch from far far away with your lovely space but be so far away that the stage is barely in sight so you once again don't enjoy the performance. Lose-lose situation.

Plus I'm the only one from my group of friends with that taste in music so also noone to go with :3

Hope you have a great time there Vaudi!!!

6 years ago

I will have fun. No problems with crowds is the requirement for enjyoing a festival. For me beeing in the crowd is only acting and no thinking.
I know some people going alone to festivals, but that would not fit to me. The fun times with friends while camping is an important part of a festival. :-)

6 years ago

Been a long time since I visited a proper festival. Probably because I like varied lineups, but those are few and far between these days - the ones that did qualify now ride on a few big headliners alone and filling the gaps with way too many singer-songwriters.

6 years ago

Alright now I'm interested...

6 years ago

I don't go to a lot of festivals it's too expensive, but my favourite is Defqon.1. This year will be the 4th time.

Aftermovie 2016

View attached image.
6 years ago

I am sooooo damn envious. Hopefully I can make it next year together with Qlimax this year.

6 years ago

Damn, I will miss Southside this year, have fun especially with Rancid my favourite band. I´ve been to so many Festivals I can´t Count them, but the greatest of all by far was Woodstock 1994. Best experience in my life. Been also several times to Southside and Rock am Ring and at least I got married at Terremoto Festival (former Bizzare) 2003. So I currently check out what will happen to Woodstock 2019, if it will in the Spirit of ´69 and ´94 or more than ´99 (was there too) what was like the violent opposite of ´94. So also small Festivals are lot of fun.

6 years ago

I will watch them for you. ;-)

Small festivals are also fun. I like them too. But they grow always fast. But the first years of a new festival are exciting. (The bigger festivals have a lot more strict rules)

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Bump and thanks for the awesome GA

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.