So I decided to create a curator group: Under 250.

Group page: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/under250
Curator: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/33447839/

The premise is simple: every week (life permitting) I'll pick 1-2 indie games that I've enjoyed and feel that they deserve a bit more love. To keep it from devolving into a horrible mess, there will be some general guidelines which are as follows:

• Not in Early Access
  • No new releases; must be on Steam for at least 3 months.
  • Limited amount of Steam reviews; Target: < 250

While these are guidelines and not set in stone, I'll be rather strict in adhering to them. The reason for the first guideline is that I don't want to waste my time with an unfinished game; no point in playing and reviewing a game if there is a chance of it going to shit a few months later (i.e. The Culling). For the other two, they are there because I don't want to promote a game that doesn't need the help. There is no point in telling the world that Rocket League or Hitman are great games since most people are somewhat aware of them and probably already own them.

That is it! If you are interested in getting a sneak peak at what I plan on reviewing next, I have a list that you can find here.
To entice you all to join, I have made a group giveaway for Dishonored 2 that you can find here: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/AUxZc/dishonored-2
Thanks for reading and have a great day!

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Not in Early Access
Under 250 reviews

Pick one.

5 years ago

Never!

View attached image.
5 years ago

Joined group on steam from this link - but cannot enter your group giveaway as I am not a group member ..

5 years ago

Go on your profile settings : https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile

Now all you need to do is to click on Sync Account and try again.

5 years ago

Sounds good, bumpy for you!

5 years ago

Sounds cool. Indie devs need more exposure

5 years ago

Sounds interesting, joined both !
I hope I can discover some cool indie games !

5 years ago

Bamp

5 years ago

Nice initiative!

Hope we discover some great little gems through this group!

I found raisins enough to join the group:

View attached image.
5 years ago

More love for indie games, great!
Joined and followed. Have a nice weekend!

5 years ago

Bump!

5 years ago

Dank u wel! :D

5 years ago

Joined and followed!
i like the idea of the curator and maybe I will find some new interesting games :)

5 years ago

Bump! Bump! Bump!

5 years ago

awesome! <3 it

5 years ago

Joined.
Actually i had thought about something similar to raise some awareness to some nice indie gems that get lost on the store.
So...good to see curators specialized in hidden gems

5 years ago

Bump! ^^

5 years ago

Impressive work, Cjcomplex!

5 years ago

Bump for idea!

5 years ago

What a wonderful idea! I try my best to keep up to date on good indie games in my favorite genres, but I'll keep an eye on you in case I happen to have missed one!

5 years ago

Sounds great, and thank you for the giveaways, CJ!

5 years ago

I'm always interested in finding new indie games. Half of my youtube subscriptions are indie curators. Good luck with your curator and thanks for the chance to win a wishlisted game!
Do I get a prize for being the 100th follower? :P

5 years ago

Do I get a prize for being the 100th follower? :P

You can choose from the following:

• An earworm from the Pump it Up series
  • An awesome StepMania level for an Undertale song (It does have Undertale spoilers)
  • A music video ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5 years ago

I'll take the music video ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , good sir.

5 years ago

5 years ago

( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

5 years ago

Bump! :)

5 years ago

I like the idea. :)
That'll certainly be useful to find new interesting games to play.
That being said, I saw that Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora was on your list. I got that one when it was on sale and I thought it would be love at first button-pushing, but nope. I'll need to give it another go, but when I first tried playing, I found it a bit confusing and I wasn't really a fan of the camera view. Also, reloading your guns is quite tedious. You have to get each bullets out and replace them one by one.

5 years ago

hope to find some gems :)

5 years ago

Thank you for the advice on syncing Fozen

5 years ago

What happens if one of the games gets more than 250 reviews after it has already been curated by you? Also which number for reviews is it: The one top right for only the "official" reviews or the total count at the bottom?

5 years ago

250 reviews is not a hard cap, which is why I'm referring to these restrictions as guidelines rather than rules. If I were to pick a hard cap, it would be closer to 500 on the official count, though the further I stay away from that the better. As for which count I'm using, I'm focusing on the official though I'm checking the total count as well. The reason for this is that Steam is more likely to bury a game with a low official count in general. A game may get a spike in ownership due to a bundle, but any reviews that those players provide will do little for the game's visibility. So even though the game will have more reviews for people to read over when considering the game, Steam is unlikely to promote the game at all unless the official review count rises. This is what happens when Valve tries to fix something, but decides to half-ass it.

5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Cjcomplex.