I just backed this and thought it looked pretty cool, so I thought I would share.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twirlbound/pine-an-action-adventure-game-that-adapts-to-you

2019 UPDATE Pine was funded, and has a Steam page now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042780/Pine/

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Pine?

View Results
Yep!
Nope!
Pota...wait, you know what? I don't think this poll needs any tubers.

That looks very cool. If I could afford to spend $20 on a game that isn't released yet, I probably would. :P

7 years ago

I remember voting for this on the Square Enix collective thingy and it looke cool! The devs look really young but they did pass the collective which has only had good games so far šŸŽšŸŒ²

7 years ago

Giveaway bump!ā„¢

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/qJQWC/fox-flock

Yes, I am bumping my own thread this time! I'd like the Pine Kickstarter to get some more attention.

7 years ago

That actually looks really good. I'll have to keep my eyes open for this.

7 years ago

Looks really awesome, don't have that 19 euros to spend now but will at least share it=d

7 years ago

Thanks for the link, I didn't know the game had been Greenlit. Guess I should have done some more research!

7 years ago

Looks like Fable but better. definitely interested in backing this,

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

that looks nice šŸ’œ

7 years ago

This looks definitely nice, even without the "adapts to you" aspect.

7 years ago

Looks nice and all...just risky to back an unknown group (so far as I can tell)...you just don't know what you'll end up with. They'll probably do fine, though.

7 years ago

It does look very nice, thanks for sharing, I hope it gets some attention, I'd like to see what it becomes.

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

7 years ago

"This project is almost funded" bump!

7 years ago

1,933 Euros to go.....

7 years ago

The game got funded! Pretty cool.

Giveaway bump!ā„¢

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/sYhti/air-guardians

7 years ago

Bravo! :D It looks really good, although I can't be sure if I don't check out its storyline and some gameplay videos. :P

7 years ago

** NECRO THREAD ALERT **

Apologies for the necro, but Pine has a Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042780/Pine/

The page just says "2019" but according to the e-mail I received, they're shooting for an August release date.

5 years ago

The game looks good. I'm following it for now. Thanks for bumping the thread so I was made aware of the game :)

5 years ago

I followed it too. Interesting concept. Good art and music. Hopefully its at least 70% promised when released. Not trying to be sarcastic but this has potential to be an one yr Epic exclusive. :)

5 years ago

looks pretty nice. iĀ“m sure i will idle play it

5 years ago

Added to my wishlist but I will have to wait for a gameplay before I buy it but it looks like some good RPG :)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Too high price for getting a game from Kickstarter. 10ā‚¬ Would be okay. But 15 is a bit too much. As I we can't know how the game will be like after the release.

5 years ago

It was definitely a risk, but I'm glad I backed it. The (nearly) finished product looks great.

5 years ago

The problem is, I pay less than that for finished games, I know I want. Would be unwise to pay more for risky game than my top wishlisted ones, right?
It does look nice, but it's still not full product, I can't say what will change, how the gameplay will look like. I usually don't even buy game before I see parts of Let's Play of it. Not even just some gameplay, cause gameplay does't fully show how the game really looks like. Also gameplays sometimes change during the development anyway. It does look like a cool game, but I will optionally buy it after I will be sure I want it.

5 years ago

I think it's all about supporting indie devs with projects you really find promising and would help to come alive with all the included risks to burn some money for it. You have to have a certain mindset to become an active supporter for such projects.

5 years ago

Your comment is offending. Certain mindset? Like what? Like I am an idiot, that doesn't care for anything?
I am not a charity. I support those who i want to support. I need money for myself, friends and family too.
And for games I support devs like Moon Studios, cause they deserve it. And why would I risk money for someone else? Do anyone risk money for me? Do I get money for free just because someone think I deserve it... maybe? Don't "certain mindset" me. I'm not obliged to support everyone in this world. So just because I don't want to supoort random dev with random game, doesn't mean I'm bad person. Jeez. Your labeling escalated very quickly. From just saying I don't want to risk if I'm unsure of the project to "certain mindestting" me like I was selfish.

5 years ago

Oh boy, please chill down.
I didn't mean to offend you, I was just saying that not everybody including me is eager to support small devs with kickstarter backups.
Nothing more nothing less.

5 years ago

Okay, I get it.

5 years ago

Whoa, let's not get too excited!

He just meant that you have to be open to taking financial risks in order to back a crowdfunding project. Your previous comments imply that you are generally unwilling to take financial risks.

This is not a bad thing at all. It just means that crowdfunding is probably not for you. You would fall more into the "try before you buy" mentality. (Which you actually mentioned in another comment).

I do occasionally back crowdfunding projects, depending on how much they appeal to me. It's certainly risky, and my eyes are always open to that fact. I won't back a project unless I am okay with losing the invested amount, because I know I could get nothing in return. (But I will say, generally I've been really happy with my crowdfunding ventures).

5 years ago

Thanks canis, you put it way better than me and nailed it down. ;)

5 years ago

Well, in the Internet people like to insult others, so I automatically thought heyday does and it seems I was wrong.

I'm for kickstarter. But if the price is worth the reward. I mean, even Yooka-Laylee, which is without a doubt AAA-scale game, even though it was crowfunded and would rather call that Indie(?) was cheaper. I'm not against backing, but the price can't be so high. The same goes for Early Access games that set the price of newly released games of some AAA.

This is just yet another project that looks like many others. So why would I want this one and not the others?

5 years ago

why would I want this one and not the others?

I don't have set criteria for deciding to back crowdfunding projects, it's more of a case-by-case decision. In this case, I decided to give it a shot, based on the description of the game (VERY appealing to me). To me, it didn't look quite like anything else I had seen before; it had a unique feel that I really liked.

Pricing for crowdfunding projects is tricky. It can't be too low, or else they risk not hitting the funding goal even if a lot of people buy in. It can't be too high, or else you will scare away potential backers. And you can't support multiple tiers at varying prices unless you are able to offer quite a few distinct rewards, in addition to the actual finished product.

5 years ago

I just back Kickstarter project for ~10$/ā‚¬. This is my criteria. Game is undone, looks cool, so I pay almost the price I pay for full game.
Would be weird to wait for good off for games that are done, while paying more for the games that are in development on Kickstrater.

Also, I only chose games that I personally feel they are good. Not "they looks cool, they can be cool". That's why I only backed Yooka-Laylee. I wanted to back for Revamped N64 Controller, but I only knew about that when the campaign was over, so basically controllers are possible to buy in their own site.

Also there is a game called Ant Simulator. Or... there isn't. Cause developer wasted money for alcohol and girls. So... that's what happens sometimes. And I would be so eager to play game as an ant.

By "it's like the others" I mean, it's not revolutionary game and doesn't have any kind of... something that would get me. I don't mean the games are bad or clones. But I have almost 2k games in my Steam library. I've seen many similar and different games that I have yet to play. So basically for me it's yet another cool looking game that will be +1 to my Steam library. Will I play it? Maybe. But when? I was happy for YL, because I am big fan of Banjo-Kazooie. Before Smash Ultimate came, this was my game of history, which is the best game ever created. I wasn't hyping, though, was just waiting. That's why I'm not disappointed that Yooka isn't the best. But it's very good game. So, with this one or any other game, I don't have the bound. There is nothing I need from this game. That's why I don't want it.

I actually was pretty shocked that Yooka-Laylee that was going to be AAA-class game, even though it's just crowdfunded project by small studio was so cheap to get to buy. Cause Such games usually cost twice, thrice on even more times more.

So, I am not against Kickstarter. But I just don't have bound with the projects and it doesn't seem revolutionary. So my price would be 10 dollars/euros the most. Cause it's a game that is cool, but I don't really want it that much and it's a risky. That's my criteria.

5 years ago

Just from the first glance It looks very gorgeous with beautiful scenery and it's on my wishlist now.
How did you stumble upon the game and the kickstarter campaign?

5 years ago

I think it was featured in a Kickstarter e-mail, if I recall correctly. I think they send out an e-mail every couple of weeks, and I always check out the "featured projects" to see if any appeal to me.

I also browse the "games" section of Kickstarter every few months, to see if there's anything new and interesting out there. I've backed a few board games and a few PC games after just finding them randomly.

5 years ago

Ah nice, I see you are truly passionate about those projects and I just had a look at the games section page, and tata this one springs right to my eyes. But it looks like it won't reach the goal. :/ I suppose many games share this same fate.

5 years ago*

Yeah, if you don't get the word out to enough people, crowdfunding is not that useful. Hard to crowdfund without a crowd, as it were. :)

5 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by canis39.