With little more than 24 hours to go the 2015 Summer Sale draws to a close. What are your thoughts on this years SS? Did you buy a lot of games? Are Valve's sales getting worse? Was the monster minigame fun?

Personally I only bought a few games but they're real gems, however I feel like this sale was rather weak compared to previous years, Valve seems to be putting less effort every year. The monster minigame was interesting but unreliable, I prefer the good old community voting.

Share your thoughts. (Sorry, no potato in the pool)

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How was the 2015 Summer Sale?

View Results
Hell yes!
Could have been better.
Barely worth it.
Worst. Sale. Ever.

I did not feel the summer....did not feel the sun.....i grabbed something here and there...but i missed the fun-feeling....stupid-monster game...not really a funny event....and no "summer-theme" at all

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 to +1

8 years ago

+1 to +1 to +1

8 years ago

-1(+2)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

GRIM!

8 years ago

Yeah that game was a complete bust it had sooooooooo much potential to be amazing if it was implemented the right way like a free game on higher levels and a game of your choosing on the highest lv. Plus the badge for that really need alot more XP than 200. Got to the final lv 100 million and wish there was something worth wild steam could have did for people who went that far.

8 years ago

Good sale, spent a lot more money than the last two major sales. Monster game was stupid as hell, but who cares, didn't bother too much with it anyway.

8 years ago

spent ~55€ so 5€ more than i want... i'm def. happy with the games i brought

8 years ago

It was pretty coolio, it has a really nice minigame o: ... and i got some nice games that i had on my wishlist ... even if i dont have any more cards and no more shame i have the games :D

8 years ago*

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

You are right. It is the better version of a Coolio song :D

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Reached 100 Mil Badge, got my Summer Badge, got 10 other badges. Got 2 wishlist games and few not wishlist. Pretty solid.

8 years ago

Seems like you had fun.

8 years ago

yea i quite did, but it pissed me off that max payne 2 wasnt on sale until last day where i spent all my money, well next sale wishlist is max payne bundle, how to survive complete and some other stuff maybe

8 years ago

Monster Game was a terrible idea. It kinda dampened the whole experienced for me.
That said, I probably spent more on this sale than on any previous sale, but that is mainly because A) I have a full time job at the moment, and B) I discovered this website this year... (My first train is due any minute now!)

8 years ago

Ugh, and now I have to lurk for the next 2 days just so I don't miss your secret train...

jk, I'll lurk anyway

8 years ago

I think it's gonna be a crossword puzzle!

8 years ago

Puzzle train is now live.

8 years ago

Thankee ^_^

8 years ago

Worst sale, it stole my money. :(

8 years ago

^ this

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

my friend bought me final fantasy 13, so i can't complain.

8 years ago

Even though I voted "could have been better", I've still managed to get some good things for me, friends, and here too.

8 years ago

Sale just like sale, many discounted stuff, but the event itself could be better, badge system also.

8 years ago

Meh.
Imho Steam Summer sales were always weaker than the winter sales and this sale was no exception.

8 years ago

Was better than the latest winter sale, but not as good as older sales. Some of the games I wanted weren't discounted at all, and some of the discounts (like Divinity Original Sin) were a joke, but there were a few great deals as well.

8 years ago

+1 for divinity original sin. Even SoM got down 40% and southpark at 66%, yet divinity which is an older title only 33? What a joke indeed.

8 years ago

Original Sin was at -40% at winter sale I think, but I opted against buying it then because I had hoped for better discount in summer... seeing how many of the same tier games went to 50 or even 66% discounts I expected it to go the same way, but nope. They went from 40% to 33%. Guess the next sale they'll settle at 25%.

8 years ago

Lol. Sadly I wouldn't put it past them. :/ I just hope some other site will beat them to it, like bundlestars did with SoM (20 euros for the game and all the 18 DLC-I think it counts as goty edition or something).

8 years ago

While I have a passing enjoyment of the clicker games every once in a while, I don't feel like it should've been made a part of the sale the way it was. The events of the sale feel like they continue getting almost exponentially worse each new sale lately.
For that matter, the sales themselves seem to be getting increasingly lackluster each time as well, and the last one I really felt was decent was the summer sale in 2012, following introducing trading cards.

However, that said, I can't be too unhappy with this sale either, as I was able to snag Transistor for $4.99, Killer is Dead for $3.99, and one of my close friends bought me Valkyria Chronicles. Those were things I wanted quite significantly, so that makes me like the sale more, perhaps more than it deserves on it's own realistic merits.

8 years ago

I got Valkyria Chronicles too. Seems pretty fun.

8 years ago

This was my first sale on Steam (I've got an account only since december) so I can't complain, I don't have comparison with previous sales but I grabbed few really good games for decent price. I've spent something about 30 euros and I'm very happy with that.
Monster mini game is not that bad, gives some fun. It doesn't have anything to do with summer but as a theme it's a nice idea. At the last day I want to get my game badge as high as I can (300000+ and rising). :)

I bought Metro Redux, Transistor, Remember me, Space Hulk, Orange Box (For Half Life) and even Torchlight... And couple games of my childhood - Unreal Tournament and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Some of them were really good deals :)

8 years ago*

I think it was fine, but I'm in a bit of a funny position when it comes to how I approach these so I didn't buy a some of the big, blockbuster titles that I'd quite like to try out.

Spent a good portion of the 2000s away from gaming and 2010/11 as well. Got a bit more into it again in 2012/13 and very into it in 2014/15. Because of all that there were so many big-name titles I'd missed out on over the years so I spent time catching up, buying great games for £2-£5 a lot of the time (as well as loads of bundles).

Now I'm more up to date with buying games but I still haven't played a lot of the titles I've bought in the past couple of years. I see they're often asking £8-£10 on sale for some of the newer games I'd be interested in on the sale and it's a bit of a difference from that £2-£5 sort of price range. Being behind the curve has conditioned me to be a cheap bastard and those sorts of prices make me think again unless the game has captured my heart from what I've seen of it (in which case I might even pay full price upon release like I did with Cities: Skylines). I look at my backlog and still see lots of awesomeness unplayed and decide I can wait a little longer still for the likes of The Evil Within, Shadow of Morodr, South Park, Tropico 5, Watch Dogs etc.

8 years ago*

• 100M badge;
  • Broken Sword 4 on sale;
  • Bought a few games to giveaway here;
  • Will buy some more before the sale ends;
  • Completely unrelated to Steam, but they gifted me a Kim Jong-il mug designed by me. The tea now tastes better.
8 years ago

It was my first major sale, so...

I dunno. I liked it.

(side note, you stoked for Andromeda?)

8 years ago

Andro...what?

8 years ago

I feel like Admiral Hackett would know :P

8 years ago

Nah,he's in the "F**k EA" club after what happened in 2012 ("No Thanix guns on my battleships?A third of them lost at the Battle of the Citadel?What the actual F are they doing to my navy?"),so I doubt he gives a damn

8 years ago*

Guess I missed something, but then again I enjoyed the ME trilogy. I see you are not excited for the new one, then

8 years ago

Well,I was excited for ME3 back in the day."Fool me once..."

8 years ago*

I'm afraid of EA somehow ruining it.

8 years ago

I won't lie, i'm interested in andromeda. The main reasons for me being optimistic are: dragon age inquisition was much better than i hoped and they are distancing themselves from the events of the original trilogy. These 2 reasons make me hope they can make a good game that still has that bioware space opera feeling.

8 years ago

I absolutely loved Inquisition (but DAII will always be my fave, no matter how many people hate it).

Of everyone I know, I'm really the only one who's excited for the game. Either people are too mad about the ending of ME3 that they don't want to play, or they think it'll divert too much from the series since Shepard isn't involved. I dunno, I'm pretty stoked for it.

8 years ago

I'm okay with DAII, I just think it could have spent maybe another few months in development. Honestly I think they're learning from the disaster that was DAII for all their major properties. Andromeda will probably be epic, and honestly I'm looking forward to seeing what the storyline is and what type of new aliens we'll get to meet.

8 years ago

I don't really like the map (just one city and a couple surrounding areas, boooring) but I think it's the characters and the interactions that what make the game for me. I feel like they had more...life, I guess?

And I agree on Andromeda. Wish we didn't have to wait until next year for it. Wish we had more info on it, I really wanna know if there's gonna be a collector's edition.

8 years ago

If you want info on mass effect andromeda there was a leak of a survey that had most features of the game.

8 years ago

It was my most expensive steam sale in quite a while...

8 years ago

spent 108$, i wish winter sale be better

8 years ago

Boooooring

8 years ago

Hmm, bought a few good games, but also a lot of random cheap things, so I already forgot which were the good ones. :( But that's not Valve's fault. :) Had more fun with the older sales, but it's easier to find the bargains when you don't already own them...

The game thing was fun for a while, until I heard about these script things and just left it running overnight. Whee.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

WTF is THAT?

8 years ago

Killscreen.

8 years ago

It's what happens when you reach 100M in the mon mini game.

8 years ago

Hmm...catchy.

8 years ago

i have 30+ new games, and it's not over, i think it was a good Sale^^

8 years ago

The minigame idea was pretty lame, but the sale was decent I guess. I bought more than I ever did during a sale before, but that's probably due to having some wallet funds ready this time. :P

8 years ago

Got a bunch of cents from selling the cards,bought some 2 cent games for some more trading cards that I sold for some MORE cents,bought a few decent games (Men of War,Shantae,Tomorrow War,NecroVision)...
I think it went rather well.

8 years ago*

Bought 3 new games, spent less than $15. There were some other good deals but the whole thing felt so... meh. Wasn't excited to buy anything. Maybe I'm just burning out from having too many unplayed games :P

8 years ago

I bought 6 games for a a little over $10....all games purchased at their lowest prices.
I feel the same over having so many unplayed games, too.

8 years ago

+1 for less hype because of the "meh" summer event + backlog. There were great deals, but.. I have so much to play... still bought a few one, mostly older games :)

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.