its the industry of the videogames killing this hobbie? we have in the list: For honor, Star wars battlefront 1 y 2, NBA2k18, Injustice 2, Shadow of War, Destiny 2, Assasins creed origins...

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

6 years ago

I am ok with MT if I can get games at half off.

6 years ago

How did I know it would be a Jim Sterling video the guy who does more running of his mouth and spreading his hate than actually making a decent video.

The only mouthpiece is the one in the video.Tricking people lol how does anyone get tricked into purchasing something, he obviously has no concept of a fool and his money are soon parted.

All jokes aside even if he did good videos, my god, his voice makes me want to jump off a bridge.

DLC exists because most people buy it, not because people are stupid and tricked into buying it or if that is the case than most gamers mindless husk that is not capable of making rash decisions.So either most gamers are idiots or they like buying DLC.

Frankly, I'm tired of greed being throwing around as if these companies are the only ones to blame for DLC and Loot Boxes.when will consumers admit they are part of this problem by buying this stuff.Crazy that this stuff makes enough money for them to keep doing DLC and adding loot boxes for something that most gamers hate they sure make money selling it.

6 years ago

Industry kills nothing, they love earning money. so they wouldn't kill themselves They saw there are much more whales who buy it as opposed to people who hate it enough to stop buying games, so now they reap what we sow.

6 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

i know how many ppl likes and love's microtransactions, its that kind of ppl who likes to pay to complete a game or win a match just only doing 1 action and not learning anything, thats why games like the binding of isaac or cuphead or crash bandicoot are called ''Dark souls games''

6 years ago

microtransactions are ok only on chinese rip off mmorpg or mobile games, in free to play games but only focussed in cosmetics, DLC are still ok depending on how affect the game and the storyline or its just another costume pack like street fighter

6 years ago

Because we allow it to be that way. People is stupid enough to give them money for bullshit.

6 years ago

They milk the cow as long as it work.....
The people have, from my point of view, too much money for games and/or spend it not so carefull as 10 years ago.

Examples:
Early access with only promises... yeah i am in and pay $60
New Game, hyped all around (no one played it so far or only a few played it under special criterias -they can't rate it bad when they ever want test a second or more games from them...-), Normal, Silver. Gold, Platin, XYZ Edition ... what only $250 on the highest ? yeah i am in...

You feel what i think to such a behavior.
Not my cup of tea.
I pay a FAIR ammount of money for a GOOD game that is not only on the paper, that is not sold as a ALPHA or BETA Version (declared as finished -lol-... with such work the developers had be killed there companys 10 years ago....). I mean a REAL game that is running and not have extremst bugs all around.

I try to NOT SUPPORT bad DLC practices (Total War with there Blood DLC's as example or Borderlands 2 with the DLC spamming that you get not with the GOTY Edition and NOT with the season pass -WTF?-).
Sometimes it is very hard (by both extreme examples it is very hard because the maingames are great) and sometimes i fail with the "not support this behavior" (not buy the Blood DLC's but try to win them is a half support... you know what i mean).

The Key are always the moneybag. By this problem the one form the devs.
When you hit that they know anything is wrong with there way.
When the money flow they must not change anything (and by the most nothing will change then).
(that was and will be the way the world spin around... -not only in gaming industry-)

Ps.: Mostly all of your counted games are in my category of "hyped games". I own none from that :o) (ok SoM would MAYBE find the way to me ... in 2 or 3 years...)

6 years ago*

This wouldnt happen if gamers wouldnt adopt those practices and actually wouldnt buy a title at release if it was hiding behind a hidden pay wall after the initial high cost or even if they did buy the game wouldnt buy anything from the in game store, Now that being said i dont think all is bad if its done right
If a game lets you purchase skills and levels thus making it easier to progress the story but at the same time not bying them but griding them takes a lot of time just to frustrate you , i hate this especially when i already paid 60 euro for that title ,
But if they are just cosmetic then i have no problem with it
If they are a in game currency that basically helps keeps the online servers up like in a game like GTA5 also no problem with that , we have to understand having a online game takes money and they have to make all of it back with profit so they dont bankrupt but GTA5 delivers a full single player experience that is awsome plus free content updates so often its just impossible to do all of it so iwhen they ask more money i think its justified
As for dlcs and season passes if they are done right they are awsome if they are asking 20 euro for 1 hour of gameplay plus a new outfit and a a gun or a vehivle i hate it
So to sum up if the majority of gamers would stay away from the bad practices but reward the good ones we would shape the indusrty to be a better one, if you ask yourselves why isnt it happening is cause i believe most of us are like "omg they suck for doing this lets rage all over the internet" but later buy anything they throw at us, they see numbers and sales and as long as those numbers are good they wil keep doing it

6 years ago

gamers only want is pay to win in every game, they prefer pay to unlock high shit and level up faster their characters or pay advantages than get everything only playing the game, its like buy every loot crate and get the most powerfull character to fight in pvp with another players, just win every match easy with no skill and anything, so sad but this new era of gamers is growing more faster

6 years ago

I cant argue with that seeing how much popularity a game with a pay to win attidude has, Still there are games with pvp that have no pay to win attitude and are much more popular like LoL , Dota, wow, starcraft etc. Maybe i am a dreamer but i think the second group will win in the end :D

6 years ago

yes, there too many videogames who dont use the pay to win system, more of them are the good f2p, but now the titles AAA are very similar to chinese mmorpg with pay to win system

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

In me eyes it's just that we pay for the hype. The earliest we want a game, the most we pay.
All these games are discounted 50% after one year, even just some months sometimes.
So it's real price of the game + marketing price. If you want it early you pay for the marketing.

For example AC origins, why buy it 60-100$ at release ? It's certain it will be at 50% in less than 1 year.

6 years ago

People who buy games at release are fans or as you say hyped gamers but i cant see any wrong with that if i consider the big picture here
First the X company invest a lot of money in a AAA title they dont want to see their money back after a year most of them aim to break even the first week and after that they have a fixed number of copies sold to consider it success, Why should we care if a title is consider by them a success is cause they get to decide if we get another title like that.
I think the silver line is if you are a big fan and want to support the title buy it at release or closer after that and max 2 days b4 as preorder ( i dont like preordering stuff :P) let yourself give onto hype max a couple times a year or better none even tho i think thats impossible, buy titles you dont really care but want to play later down the road
Marketing is not that bad and its necessary cause many good titles not marketed got hurt when they shouldnt, an example is Grim Fandago a great title that had poorly sales cause it was marketed wrong and it did deserved a sequel

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Lol ^_^
Funny cartoon thanks !

It happens to me too buying some games at release full price because of the hype. It's just that as time goes by i try to avoid it about AAA... i watched my steam friends behavior in activity (mmm.... :o) ) and they mostly behave the same, they just buy 2-3 of their most hyped games/year, and wait for the others. In the end you're not so late waiting for 1 year.

And about companies that need their money back under 1 year. Well, i feel sad about last Deus Ex or Dishonored not selling enough but i don't think it will be a problem for the big ones, there will always be a public to buy Fifa/Call of full price.

But just to say, it's not a rigid ideological behavior, just a "i try to avoid..."

6 years ago

I am waiting for the point we reach the critical mass; the big push that will reset the video game industry. I am not sure how we will get there. Government intervention? A sort of movement within the video game community? But something or someone must give in eventually. We succumbed to DLCs already. Season pass is here to stay for, well, all seasons. Now we tasted loot boxes with our eyes and loved it so.

6 years ago*

I am still waiting for 8 million people justifying when CAPSISMYNAME's Battlegrounds introduces an early access DLC or even an entire season pass, and saying it is for their own good, so the dev can earn some little more money beyond the quarter billion dollars they got from sales alone and the gods' know how many more millions from the microtransactions to polish the game a little more.

6 years ago

PUBG devs doesnt care anymore about the game, they only want is sell loot crates with stupid skins and still earning money with an incomplete game

6 years ago

PUBG = bugs, errors, frame rate problems, server errors, more bugs, optimize problems, hackers, aimbot...

6 years ago

To be fair Shadow Of War nor Destiny 2 loot boxes hinder the game.That being said while I don't like them being in single player I can't condemn them just on the basis of existing as I'm not here to tell people how to spend their money.Both those games can be played without them and enjoyed without them.I just don't like having to spend real money to be able to enjoy a game fully or progress my character minus f2p as that is how they generate income so that is to be expected even know some can take it to far even then.

Now from what I gather from the Star Wars game that is on a different level as from what I understand it's tied to progress and without using crates it really hampers your progression.NBA 2K18 seems to follow that same path as from what I gather you can't get too far in MyPlayer mode without buying currency and using that to progress players.

Anyhow the bigger issue I have with loot crates is not that they exist but why they exist as I said earlier who am I to tell someone they are wrong for spending what they earned on whatever they want.I have issues with loot boxes when it becomes more than just an extension of the game but when it becomes part of the progression or needed to have a fair shot at playing.

When it comes to games that offer only cosmetics I don't care and frankly, I don't see why others would care if people want to spend money on vanity stuff as I do buy crown stuff here and there for ESO just because I like the game and want to support it and I like some of the crown stuff.

6 years ago

do you remember when everybody was crying about loot boxes and cosmetics in uncharted 4? thats doesnt affect the gameplay, thats only support the serves cause naughty dog needs money to pay the server, so thats not bad and they give u the chance of get cool skins without paying with real money just only playing the game, now the game have skins unlockables in single player mode, have more unlockables in campaing, thats a difference between paying 60$ in star wars battlefront with no campaing mode, only 3 shitty and boring online modes, playing with ppl who have legendary cards from loot crates and u cant kill anybody cause u didnt pay for loot crates

6 years ago

Oh i've just seen this posted on another board.
The fact itself is not surprising it's this way since a long time now but the form of the ad is surprising.
It's a Gamestop ad.

https://twitter.com/YourPalRags/status/917776881675620352/photo/1

6 years ago

gamestop can s+ck my d+ck and make dlc preorder with it

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.