9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I was confident this was going to happen eventually. I didn't buy the original kinect for 360 or the PS move for PS3 since I had no use for them and didn't want it. I already own a PS4 myself and now that Microsoft is releasing a kinect-less Xbox one since I refused to buy a kinect bundle since I would have no use for it I may actually pick one up eventually after another price drop or 2 and when lots of exclusive games are out.

9 years ago

From a consumer standpoint, this is great. Does anyone actually use Kinect?

From a developer standpoint, though, this is going to hurt. As much as Kinect might be reviled, it is nice from a developer's perspective to be able to know what hardware the end user is going to have available. By doing this, they've just cut Kinect out of the picture even further, because we're right back to the XBOX 360 days of developers not being able to bank on everyone having one, and therefore being more hesitant to develop for them.

9 years ago

My sister uses her Kinect to play Zumba (Zoomba?). There are lots of people who like it for exercise and dance games, but the problem is they seem mostly happy with their 360/Kinect. They weren't going to buy a whole new console for the same or similar services.

9 years ago

I guess developers said they are too stupid/lazy/cheap to think about some bigger uses for it in games, so they won't support it, so there's no reason to keep it.

9 years ago

I think the better reason for it was nobody wanted it or used it and with such a small userbase what is the point of shoehorning something into a game as a gimmick.

9 years ago

But that's exactly how Steam started. Nobody wanted it, but Valve was pushing it into out throats while slowly improving it, now we can't see PC gaming without it.

So either MS sacrifices it to get more XB1 sold (as it will cost less), or developers just don't want to use it. Because if you'd make... Halo or Forza that would use it to make something pad can't (I have no idea what, but I'm not a developer) then players would be forced to use it, and if it would be cool in time they would love it.

9 years ago

Gabe didn't hold a sandwich to your head and made you download Steam.

9 years ago

MS didn't hold a sandwich to your head and made you buy Kinect.

Unless you wanted to play some XB1 exclusives. But that's the same if you wanted to play HL2 - no Steam, no HL2.

9 years ago

I don't remember Valve charging extra for using Steam.

9 years ago

Well, up to this announcement I also wouldn't say MS was charging extra for Kinect, as it was integral part of console.

But in the end you're right. That's why Valve idea in the end worked and MS probably won't. If you want people to change their habits, you can't force them to pay for it.

9 years ago

LOL I thought that they said that this was never going to happen
HAHA I suppose they lied again XD

9 years ago

Just wondering, how much is it with kinect? Because here it is $905 so I'm wondering if it will really change its price.

9 years ago

$499, so you're probably not going to get a huge discount, knowing Brail's import prices

9 years ago

Guess they found a better way to install government spyware.

9 years ago

And it's still too expensive here in Mexico to even consider

9 years ago

Oh, my. Who would have thought?

9 years ago

Wow. Well , they had to do it. Even though they said it will never happen . :p

9 years ago

Less regional pricing would still be better. In Germany (550$) or the UK (590$) the Xbox One without Kinect is still more expansive than the Titanfall bundle is in the US(~500$) ...

9 years ago

You can thank your government for imposing higher taxes.

9 years ago

Sure... taxes... I guess same goes for Steam prices too?

9 years ago

This version is called the Number Two :)

9 years ago

Itss super funny because 1saleaday has had the one on sale multiple times for 399....

9 years ago

Xbone couldn't be that cheap that I would buy one. All good games are also on PC and their exclusives don't interest me. And their politics are much worse than EA.

9 years ago

To be fair I would pick one up for 50 bucks, remember when Dreamcast was clearing out and selling them for 50? That was great.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by CyberMarco.