We're getting close to the middle of the year, and I'm sure we've played quite a few games already. What's been your favorite so far? Post your recommendations here! For me, I just played Sky Caravan which was a really nice visual novel RPG and it pretty much rocketed to the top of my list. Also Garden of the Sea and - laugh all you want - Five Nights at Freddys: Security Breach, both were neat experiences for the opposite reasons.

Also this thread was an excuse to post this Invite-Only giveaway that I didn't mean to make Invite-Only but whatever, let's roll with it (starts in three hours as of this topic being posted): https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/k26s2/rad

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I havent played many games so far, but I can say I do enjoy playing Vampire Survivors. After spending 22h I still can tell it is competitive :)

1 year ago

A couple, yet didn't finish some of them:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Finished Halo Reach, Halo 1 & 2) Dying Light 2 Stay Human (waiting for more fixes and updates, but overall I loved it) and most recently NARAKA: BLADEPOINT. I had a pleasant surprise from some of my wins, like the two games Yooka-Laylee and the game I won on SG Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair which was really difficult, but somehow I enjoy the classic platformer.

Oh and how could I forget about Dishonored? Didn't play on Chaos mode, but I enjoy the game never the less.

1 year ago

Elden ring pretty mainstream i guess though ....

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

The best? Nah, I love lists, and 100% objetively correct scores! :D So:

1. The House in Fata Morgana (89/100)
  2. Ghost of a Tale (89/100)
  3. Wandersong (88/100)
  4. Control (86/100)
  5. Cat Quest 2 (84/100)
  6. Technobabylon (83/100)
  7. Void Bastards (83/100)
  8. Black Mesa (82/100)
  9. Relicta (82/100)
  10. Killer is Dead (82/100)
1 year ago

1. OPUS: Echo of Starsong
  2. Life is Strange: True Colors

These are the games I enjoyed most this year.

1 year ago

OPUS: Echo of Starsong is definitely one of the best games I've played in quite some time.

1 year ago

No Man's Sky. I waited long to get it, and it was exactly as I expected. Cool blend of exploration, crafting, base building and resource management.

1 year ago

i definitely wanna grab it now that they've added so much

1 year ago

Fan-freakin-tastic game, right there

1 year ago

I've been slacking, but the best game I've played so far this year is Bastion.

1 year ago

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Remember Me
Control (Ultimate Edition)

I can't quite name a best one, but I really enjoyed these top 3.

1 year ago

eldest souls and ni no kuni wrath of the witch

1 year ago

Elden Ring, nothing else comes close.

1 year ago

Not having too much time in the last months but enjoyed both The Binding of Isaac and Bioshoch Infinite. Both still unfinished.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

I haven't played many games.
I'll go with Monster Hunter Rise.

1 year ago

Wildermyth has easily been my favorite so far this year. I'm a sucker for tactics games, emergent stories, and getting to customize and name characters. I haven't played anything that's scratched that itch this well since XCOM2 (although Wildermyth is nowhere near as punishing).

1 year ago

Besides the usual AAAs: https://store.steampowered.com/app/883360/Beyond_Blue/. If you own it and like animals, sea and / or exploring, try it.

1 year ago

I played Yakuza Kiwami 2 in January so... yeah, that. It's very good.
(On the less obvious front, I also played Closure recently and it's a pretty neat little puzzle game with an interesting central mechanic.)

1 year ago

Unsighted by far. Played it on Humble Trove, and it was one of the best games I have played in the last few years.

Also played FFIX and that was great, but I think Unsighted is a better recommendation for people looking for new games :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1062110/UNSIGHTED/

1 year ago

Zombie driver HD
xD

1 year ago

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was one of the best games I have played in a while. The story was fairly basic, but it's a metroidvania and I really enjoyed the gameplay, weapons, and leveling.

I am playing Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey now and also having a lot of fun. I love games where you can explore huge open world maps and the leveling of skills and learning new things is fun too.

1 year ago

This year has been mostly about roguelites and/or deckbuilders for me. It is not the one I have played the most, but probably my favorite so far would be Voidigo, but again, I haven't played many AAA titles this year.

1 year ago

Vampire Survivors

1 year ago

+1
And it is still being updated with new content at a very rapid pace.
Worth its money.

1 year ago

Oh no, I've played a few decent games this year but nothing "wow, this is the best game ever!!!". I'll give it to Needy Streamer Overload for now. Wake me up when Slime Rancher 2 releases.

1 year ago

For games released this year, it's Elden Ring. Aside from that, I'm really liking Wasteland III and going through Dragon Age: Inquisition again since I got the DLCs. I've always liked DA:I, warts and all.

1 year ago

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Looking forward to the sequel this year!

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.