We're getting close to the middle of the year, and I'm sure we've played quite a few games already. What's been your favorite so far? Post your recommendations here! For me, I just played Sky Caravan which was a really nice visual novel RPG and it pretty much rocketed to the top of my list. Also Garden of the Sea and - laugh all you want - Five Nights at Freddys: Security Breach, both were neat experiences for the opposite reasons.

Also this thread was an excuse to post this Invite-Only giveaway that I didn't mean to make Invite-Only but whatever, let's roll with it (starts in three hours as of this topic being posted): https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/k26s2/rad

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Barely played any games this year but so far the strongest impressions were from The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe and Distance. Ultra Deluxe is basically what I was hoping for when I played the original Stanley Parable years ago, about as strong a narrative game as one can find, and a remarkable introspection in games and the nature of choice.
Distance is a body horror but for AI instead of humans (for us it's just the usual "oops we broke reality" futuristic dystopic scenario) but told through a hard AF arcade acrobatic racer. A pretty unique experience I must say and a fairly addictive one, until the difficulty gets so ludicrous that the game just breaks you. Imagine Blame but the constructors are making highways instead of absurd stairs and you're getting timed.

1 year ago

Back 4 Blood
The Stanley parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition
Mirror 2 (great puzzle gameplay, OK story and you can now skip any NSFW: it's better this way because the gameplay is great)

1 year ago

Black Mesa, I am quite amazed with how they rebuilt Xen.It must have been a herculean effort.

1 year ago

I played Kards The WWII Card Game when they gave the free DLC back in January, I've been playing it ever since. Would've played it on release if I knew it would be that good.

1 year ago

Lost Ark, 290 hours so far and still some zones to visit.

1 year ago

Probably BF2042 or UFS (Ultimate Fishing Simulator). Also Resident Evil Remake replayed on the PS4 and Resident Evil 4 also on PS4 and replaying RE7 on PC.

1 year ago

Noita.
I sadly didn't have much time to play many games but Noita is my number one game I played 2022 so far :)

1 year ago

Survivalist: invisible strain and Stellar Tactics. Not new games by any means, but they've gotten some really good updates this year.

1 year ago

Dragon Age Inquisition, I didnt have much expectations but it was really fun and the story was awesome

1 year ago

Borderlands 3, definitely have problems but still i really like it :)

1 year ago

Not for Broadcast: The best FMV centric game that I have ever played is a satisfying gamification of a TV station control room, and it was so good that it motivated me to start a second playthrough, which is very rare for me with non-roguelite games.

Honorable mention goes to Steamworld Dig 2, which improved on the first in every way, though the layout is not procedurally generated like the first game.

1 year ago

I'll go with the flow, Elden Ring

1 year ago

Replayed Dragon Age: Origins for the fifth time or so (but first time in years), but I have to admit that playing Fortnite with my nephews (6 and 10 y.o) has been a blast, watching them get so into this game reminds me of what CS 1.6 felt like when I was younger.

1 year ago

Citizen Sleeper, which came out a few days ago.
You can read my review here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/lengray/recommended/1578650/

1 year ago*

Vampire Survivors. Got it in mid-January and have played it almost every day since.

1 year ago

Of the very few I played this year, the best was Necesse. Still in early access, so the developer is constantly adding new content.

1 year ago

Finally got the time to play Planescape: Torment until the end. Does that count?

1 year ago

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order baby

1 year ago

Disco Elysium
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dishonored

1 year ago

Oh, scratch my other response, just finished Life is Strange: True Colors and it was great.

1 year ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1621690/Core_Keeper/

It's getting updates very often, but it has a very addictive loop already. Only the bosses are quite tough to beat.

1 year ago

Tried Elden Ring, found it insanely boring and frustrating (I literally started yawning during the into video). What I really enjoyed though were Martha is Dead and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

1 year ago

If we're talking games finished for the first time this year, I can narrow it down to three games: Actraiser, Soul Blazer, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

1 year ago

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.