Hello people of SteamGifts,
Recently, the GMTK Game Jam 2020 have ended, and holy moly this jam turns out to be the biggest jam ever held on itch.io with over a whopping 5000+ entries! With so many games to be played and rated, if you have time be sure to check them out! There's still countless of games that did not get the attention they deserve. You can go check them out here.

The theme for this year is: Out of control.
The participants have only 48 hours to make and submit a game, so please, keep that in mind before commenting something on a game and/or rating them.

Note:

last year, there was problems with people abusing the voting system by asking lots of friends to give their game a perfect rating.

So be sure to give the games an honest rating, just putting this here so I don't get in trouble ;)
Yes, I did in fact submit a game but I won't post the link to it since that's kind of cheating, but feel free to try to find it tho :)

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Have you checked them out yet?

View Results
No
Never
Yes!
Potato

I got way too many to play, why should i go watch them?

Besides the navigation on itch.io is just attrocious, they promised they look into it more then a year ago, still the same, you can't view on genre, per alphabetical order, etc etc.
And still the same for their app, showing games as all pictures (and more clients do that). no text, thankfully atleast steam (still) has that.
Go navigate easily if you have f.e 1000 games there, you can't, it's click click click till you finger falls off.

They could have filled the gap that desura left, but nope they blew it, it's even worse then Epic game launcher and that's saying something.

3 years ago*

imho,
itch.io is not the same as Steam or Epic, they're a marketplace for small independent game developers rather than large game companies, or let alone those indie game publishers, and that has always been the case for itch.io (till recently that the black lives matter bundle made a lot of games from bigger devs come to itch). The thing is, putting a game on itch.io is free of charge, no upfront payment, and you can even take 100% of the earnings you made for free, no royalties. But for Steam and Epic, you need to pay, quite a large sum of money upfront, and they also take a cut of the earnings you made, and you also need to fill in tax forms, documentations, etc. as well. That is quite a hassle for us indie devs, so itch.io is a perfect place for us to distribute/share our games free of charge, as a hobby/passion project without busting your wallet. There are quite a lot of great indie games in itch.io if you ever have the time to look.

3 years ago*

There are simply too many, voting should be a month long, not just a week. I will just wait for Mark's video and check featured ones, there were a couple of gems from last year, One Action Heroes being my favourite.

3 years ago

I really like GMTK but I'm playing many games now so I'll just watch the video he'll upload later.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.