For the last 2 years I have run a secret santa event for the people of steamgifts. Everyone has loved the event every year and we've all had a great time getting into the christmas spirit together. This year i'm opening up the group again for another year of secret santa. People who were in the group last year have gotten priority as joining members but there is still plenty of spaces left for new people to join.

What is it?

So I saw reddits version of secret santa and thought it would be great if we did another version of this for steamgifts. So I created this steam group. This is a group made for people who enjoy gaming and can give awesome games to others who would enjoy them. This is made to enjoy the spirit of christmas and of sending gifts to each other.

How does it work?

Sometime during December everyone will be given another member of the group randomly that they are to send a game gift to. This will give plenty of time for the person to buy a game for their allocated person. The game will need to be delivered to the user on or within 5 days of christmas (25th december) or up to 5 days before christmas day. The gifter must create a private giveaway on steamgifts for the person to enter to ensure no exploitation.

Group page

Rules

• Minimum Contributor Level of 4.
  • Only give games as presents.
  • An updated steam wishlist with at least 30 games on it and none that you already own. The top 10 games should be ranked properly. You should be respectful and put games of various price points on there and not just $60 AAA releases on there. Wishlists should be fully updated before 10th December to stop exploitation. If any of these rules aren't followed you will be kicked from the group.
  • Upon joining the group, an initial unbundled giveaway of at least $10 non sale value will be need to be created within 48 hours to ensure you are trustworthy. You may make more steamgifts giveaways after this but it is not needed. (I didn't want to do this but I don't want the group to be exploited and couldn't figure out a better way to check people are trustworthy).
  • The gift sent to your allocated partner must be an unbundled game of at least $10 value even when on sale, and must be on the persons wishlist.(This is to ensure fairness and to make sure no one exploits the group).
  • The gift sent to your allocated partner must not be exploited or have had a price error at any point.
  • The gift you receive must be activated on your own account and is not to be sold or to be given to anyone else.

There is currently a group limit of 50 and I will close the group when it reaches this amount.

Please comment if you qualify and wish to join the group. Also feel free to ask if you want anymore details of the group.

Edit: Invites are closing December 5th.

Tl;DR: There is none. Read or leave.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Kinda interested with this, actually. For the games to be gifted, does it have to be in a Steam Gift format or it's okay for it to be in key?

7 years ago

It can be delivered as a key, as long as it's ROW and Steam-redeamable.

7 years ago

Alright, cool. Am I qualified for the group?

7 years ago

You are, but barely. Invited, but don't disappoint us... ;)

7 years ago

I'll try my best xD

Thanks for the invitation.

7 years ago

Seems to be better for this to be added to the topic since people seem to be asking. If there's going to be a rule like

Only give games as presents.

shouldn't it be more to the point that it's only games that are "Only Steam ROW Keys/Gifts" ?

The gift sent to your allocated partner must not be exploited or have had a price error at any point.

Is there a list for people to check exploited games to make this work easier for people to check who may not know where to look?

The gift you receive must be activated on your own account and is not to be sold or to be given to anyone else.

(this last rule already works by being enforced on the site!!!)
[which is kind of a neat use of using SG as a giveaway directly to the person so they follow rules, I guess]

edit: my format was ruined :(
how do I split quotes
edit: I did it.

7 years ago

That's really up to the monkey man, as it is his group. I'm just here to manage group invites. I'll send him your feedback through Steam, so expect to get an answer within the next hours or so. :)

7 years ago

1. Well I haven't put cause I kinda see it as self explanatory. Keys or gifts are fine, whatever you want. Obviously they have they be ROW because we have people from all different regions in the group.
  2. Honestly i'm not sure. But most games that are exploited from price errors are on the SG bundle list so I guess checking that should show you.
  3. Yeah that was our solution a few years ago when I first started this group. By creating a giveaway it means people are forced to keep the gift for themselves and not sell it.
7 years ago

I want to join pls

7 years ago

Invited!

7 years ago

Cool idea, I was thinking about it doing it, not keen on doing an non-bundled giveaway prior to taking part so I won't be taking part.

7 years ago

Why would that stop you? I'm giving Crypt of the NecroDancer. Not too expensive, still a great and unbundled game and it seems quite appreciated. ;)

7 years ago

Got a new job I'm waiting to start, so monies tight at the minute.

7 years ago

Congrats! At least I hope that this new job is something that you consider to be lucky about. ;)

7 years ago

Yeah thank you its great news! :3 until I start though I've got to make sure not to be too silly with my money! :3 I have groups I'm part of, Christmas shopping and winter sale to come! Gotta stretch my cash for all that!

7 years ago

I'm interested in and want to join, thanks :)

7 years ago

Invited!

7 years ago

I would like to give it a shot if I am accepted :p.

7 years ago

Invited!

7 years ago

I would like to join. Thanks!

7 years ago

Invited. Welcome! :D

7 years ago

I think I'll do this this year. it sounds like fun.

7 years ago

Invited! :)

7 years ago

I'm interested in joining this event if you'll have me.

7 years ago

Invite coming soon!

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bumpity bump bump

7 years ago

addictive Bump !

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

The "I can't wait to meet you" - Bump !

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

Bump !

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Why haven't anybody told me about this? D:.

Maybe next time. Looks like a wonderful group!

Edit: Looks like I've been told with a lot of bumps but missed it.

7 years ago*

It'd definitely be great to have you! Was really fun this year as always :)

7 years ago

Hello guys, one year flew away so fast. I just wanted to ask if we are doing this exchange this year too ? :D

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.