Instructions -

Grab 'Free Weekend' of HitmanTM 2016 - https://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/HITMAN/
[note that if you already own the complementary package, remove it completely and claim the free trial]

Allow it to do the 'install' phase (File allocation), but don't actually bother about 'downloading' any of it.

Download and launch H2 Free Starter Pack [ use nvidia geforce now so you dont need to wait for it to download] - https://store.steampowered.com/app/863550/HITMAN_2/

Once you reach main menu, quit and then go right click, properties, DLC and see if "Legacy Pack" is there. If it's not, launch H2 launcher one more time, and then quit again.

Unfortunately, only 36 minutes remaining till the free weekend ends, so hurry

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

That worked. Tried on my second steam account and it added the DLC's

4 years ago

Does it also give the dlcs? I got the first season free some weeks ago but didn't include the dlcs

Btw, nvidia geforce free plan is kinda slow. You have to wait over 400 people to play.

4 years ago*

it is at the moment since many people are using it to claim this.. but usually, you wait few seconds to load up.. i normally use it to try a game out before i download it on my pc.. pretty useful tbh

4 years ago

Hey, that's a smart strategy!

4 years ago

I already had Hitman 2016 on steam. Installed and launched hitman 2 starter edition, exited to menu (guess it started the prologue or something) Then at menu I hit ALT+F4. Checked my DLC and had all the legacy stuff.

4 years ago

+1. You dont have to remove the hitman 2016 package in order to get the hitman 2 dlcs

4 years ago

OP mentioned complementary package, as in probably only prologue or first ep. Then it wont work, as I noticed on my other account. But if you own complete season 1 it worked fine, at least for me. Added as: " HITMAN 2 Complete The First Season Legacy Pack - External Grant " in steam licenses.

4 years ago

precisely..

4 years ago

Interesting, that's what you get if you actually own the first season

4 years ago

4 years ago

Didn't manage to get it... I guess maybe I was a little late, although since I already own Hitman 1 and 2 I wonder if I shouldn't already have this Season 1 DLC in the first place... Wondering what I did wrong. If anyone has an idea I'm interested

4 years ago

I didnt do it with the free wekend hitman 2016, but I already owned it.

It worked for me when I launched hitman 2 starter pack as I mentioned above. It started plaing the game, I pressed esc and went to menu and there I pressed ALT+F4. Then I checked my DLC in steam and had them added today in hitman 2.

https://www.pcgamer.com/hitman-2-will-include-updated-versions-of-hitman-season-1s-missions-as-dlc/ it should be added to you if you own season 1 already.

4 years ago

Crazy idea: do you think it's possible that I'm not getting the DLC because I play in offline mode?
(I mean, not offline in Steam, but offline in Hitman)

4 years ago

Doesnt sound so wierd that it has to check online if you own season 1 in order to add it to your account when launching :)

4 years ago

Thanks, well I know what I'll have to do then... đź‘€

4 years ago

Good luck, hope it works. Maybe doesnt matter so much for us that already own season 1. But at least its the same launcher if it works :)

4 years ago

Yeah same launcher + I think the total size might be smaller, as I suppose both seasons share a bunch of common assets ;)

Also I was wondering... I didn't miss out on the Patient Zero campaign, did I?

4 years ago

I didnt see anything about Patient Zero in the DLCs, and Im pretty certain it said "Get bla bla" on patient zero in game.

4 years ago

no patient zero dlc included

4 years ago

Ok, thank you both :)

4 years ago

But if you have goty on hitman 2016, you should get patient zero, since its two diffrent legacy packs

4 years ago*

+1 I tried it multiple times today. Even activated my copy of Hitman Season 1 key to try that way.
Still whatever I do and whatever steps I make it isn't giving me Hitman 2 GOTY, only Starter pack. Removed it through support and tried several more times with all steps, absolutely no use.

Don't know what I am doing wrong or who other got it.
Might try during next free weekend.

4 years ago

I dont know if you mispoke or is confused about what you are suppose to do concidering you wrote that you though you should get hitman 2 goty.

If you have activated hitman 2016 season 1, all you have to do then is to download and install hitman 2 starter pack. (if you dont already own hitman 2) Launch it and then after menu press ALT+F4 and you should have been rewarded with legacy pack. There are two legacy packs, if you own just season 1 you get normal pack. If you own goty you get goty.

4 years ago

So I need to download and launch whole Hitman 2 to get Legacy Pack then?
I was letting the allocation files download like the OP said.
Why Alt + F4? To close the game?
I can't download it before I want to play it.

So how did it work for this guy to get it in his licenses and dlcs next to it?

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/WQm14/free-hitman-2016-season-1-free-to-keep-on-hitman-2-launcher#B81lgSi

How did the others get it during free weekend by only downloading allocation files?
Answers to both confusing.

I own Season 1. Honestly I don't even know what the difference between these 2 legacy packs is content wise.

4 years ago*

On steam its enough to just own season 1 as you said you had activated. (No need to download or install) Then just start hitman 2 and ALT+F4 in the menu in order to quit the game. It should then automatically add the legacy pack. You said you didnt receive hitman 2 GOTY, so I didnt know if you misspoke or actually thought you should get goty edition for hitman 2.

You can read more here about what you should have and what you get if you meet the requirements.

4 years ago

No, I phrased myself wrong unfortunately. Whatever I do it's just giving me Starter pack, as in Trial versuon with Hawke bay.

But I'm not sure I am understanding it well. What is meant by Download and launch Hitman 2 Starter Pack in OP?
Just download and launch and let allocation files download or let it download all the way and open game? I tried the first one 10 times. Because I am not getting the legacy pack dlcs or it granted in licenses as Standard Edition with Legacy pack like the other guy did.

Edit: I am getting it now, I need to actually start and quit the game, but since 15 GB is too much not sure how to do it with Geforce now.

4 years ago*

Managed to get it despite the free period ending. Opened the game and had the legacy dlc

4 years ago

so we can get the full first season of the first game if we do this?

4 years ago

Its over for some time, so if you dont own season 1 you have to wait until next free weekend, if it will be one or if they havent fixed it by then.

4 years ago

Are you sure?
Cause I still can install the trial.

4 years ago

The trial has been there all the time. It was a free wekened that recently ended. But go ahead and try if you want. I highly doubt it will work.

4 years ago

Yeah it doesn't.
:(

4 years ago

Worked, already did it from other announcement earlier. Easy job.
Thanks for posting anyWay

4 years ago

No longer works, took too long to install. Oh well, guess it's time to uninstall and forget about it now.

4 years ago

sorry about that, i found out you dont even need to wait till your files allocate, you can go ahead and do the other steps as soon as you attempt to install hitman 2016

4 years ago

I already owned Season 1 and the free first level of Season 2, and didn't know about the free DLC (for owners of Season 1). It says they updated the levels ("updated combat AI, new items, new difficulty levels, and so on"). I wish I'd known, I only started playing Season 1 at the end of March, and I did so from the Season 1 launcher, with the old maps/levels.

Does anyone know if mastery levels transfer, or would I have to start unlocking things (items, starting points, challenges, etc.) again on the updated levels from Season 2's launcher? (I'm worried it's the latter.)

4 years ago

Unlocks Transfer aka “What about my suits?”
Items and progression will not be directly carried over from HITMAN into HITMAN 2. However, the majority of items can be unlocked through the HITMAN Legacy Pack. With regards to suits specifically, anyone who redeems or purchases the GOTY Legacy Pack will have instant access to the 3 GOTY suits in HITMAN 2. Also, the Requiem Pack will be included in all Legacy Pack redemption or purchases.

Read more

4 years ago

Thanks.

4 years ago

i have season 1 complete and episode 1 from season 2 , if i install season 2 will it work ?

4 years ago

Everyone that have season 1 can get the legacy pack on hitman 2.

4 years ago

yep i can confirm it , tried it and worked ;)

4 years ago

Can someone please explain the nvidia geforce now part? so there's some way to bypass the hitman 2 10 gb download?

4 years ago

I think it was a mistake where OP thought you had to allocate the files for hitman 2016.

4 years ago

yes , you dont need to allocate files. I wasn't sure till i waited for a long time and just went through it and it worked

4 years ago

With nvidia geforce now, you can play any supported title right away since files are already downloaded and shared with your rig [ possibly use cloud sharing] so you can hop in and play immediately

4 years ago

I would do it for the DLC for Hitman but they're not worth the time to download H2.

4 years ago

I missed it.

4 years ago

My account has the hitman holiday pack. Any idea if that's okay to remain, or if I'd have to go the harder route to remove?

4 years ago

Since free wekend is over you have to own season 1 in order to get the legacy pack on hitman 2.

4 years ago

Done now. Only works if you have Hitman 1

https://i.imgur.com/yWzRyYA.png
https://i.imgur.com/3kC18Bm.png

4 years ago

Thanks ! It work for me too just now,
and I confirm it work only after I activate a key of the full version of HITMAN 1, doesn't work with my previews free version receive on steam a couple of years ago.

4 years ago

I tried it multiple times today. Even activated my copy of Hitman Season 1 key to try that way.
Still whatever I do and whatever steps I make it isn't giving me Hitman 2 Legacy Pack, only Starter pack. Removed it through support and tried several more times with all steps, absolutely no use.

Don't know what I am doing wrong or how others got it even after free weekend is over.
Might try during next free weekend.

4 years ago*

The thing is you don't get Hitman 2 GOTY, you are supossed to only get all the stuff from the first game on the second: all the missions and dlcs pack. You can't get the compelte Hitman 2 game for free.

4 years ago

Many people got the free Hitman Season 1 and Hitman 2 Legacy Pack during this free weekend. Plus I own Hitman Season 1 now (activated a key) so I should get Hitman 2 Legacy Pack anyhow, but it doesn't want to work and register like it did for others.

4 years ago

What I mean is that you don't get Hitman 2 GOTy, you only can get Hitman 2 legacy pack.

4 years ago

If you have Hitman 1 activated with a key, you automatically can play this season in Hitman 2 (even if you have the starter pack only that includes exclusively the first episode).

You have the legacy pack but not the GOTY legacy pack and can play the first season without installing the Hitman 1 but you can't play Patient Zero

4 years ago

So I can play Hitman Season 1 now when I install and launch Hitman 2 too? Is that what you are saying?
So only difference between Legacy Pack and GOTY is Patient Zero dlc? Got it.

4 years ago

yes, exactly.

4 years ago

Do the achievements unlock for Hitman 1 if I play it in Hitman 2 do you know? Since in Hitman 2 it should be "Remastered"

4 years ago

I don't know, I haven't played it yet ... sorry :(

4 years ago

Ok, too much to download for me ATM too if I won't play it. Trying to find out if it's any less Storage if you use Geforce Now from the guy who uses it.

Wish I saw and knew this earlier. Didn't even need to activate my copy of Hitman 1 Season 1. They were getting both Season 1 and Hitman 2 Legacy Pack for free. Bought HB Choice with Hitman Standard for nothing too. Big companies just trying to scam you with multiple dlcs versions and upgrades.

4 years ago*

totally agree with you, unfortunately we always buy what they want ... damn!

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

the hitman free weekend still up ?

4 years ago

Unfortunately, only 36 minutes remaining till the free weekend ends, so hurry

• Posted 16 hours ago

Alternatives:

1. Yes
  2. No
4 years ago

If you have Hitman 1 you can play Hitman 1 in Hitman 2 (is not necessary have the Hitman 2 full Game) but not is the remastered edition, simply is that the Hitman 2 install the Hitman 1 scenarios. I have this possibility from day one.

if you want the remastered edition you must pay for it

4 years ago

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

What is the HITMAN Legacy Pack?
The HITMAN Legacy Pack will bring remastered and enhanced locations from HITMAN Season One to HITMAN 2, all living under one ever-expanding roof and building one World of Assassination. All six locations – Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido – will be accessible as downloadable content (DLC) and will incorporate various new features from HITMAN 2. Eligible owners of HITMAN will have access to the HITMAN Legacy Pack at no additional cost.

So they are lying?

4 years ago

no, if you have Hitman 1 you can play in Hitman 2 the legacy edition but not the GOTY legacy edition.

When you launch Hitman 2 you can play the episodes of Hitman 1 but not the GOTY legacy version of Hitman 1 and obviously can't play the Patient Zero.

4 years ago*

As far as I know, the difference between the Legacy Pack (and GOTY Legacy Pack) for Hitman 1 owners and the GOTY Legacy Pack provided to Hitman 2 users is only in the Hitman 1 versions being free for Hitman 1 users. You'll get Patient Zero in the Legacy Pack if you own it already [ie, through the Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy]. Otherwise, yes, you'll need to buy the GOTY Legacy Upgrade pack to get Patient Zero.

However, there shouldn't be any "remastered edition" and "non-remastered edition" distinction between the Legacy Packs provided by the two games. Just that the ones for the first game are free and checks against what content you own, while the ones offered by Hitman 2 cover the bases but have a price tag. The remastering happens just because the content is being ported to the better Hitman 2 engine, it's nothing special outside of that (and thereby, not something which can be made exclusive).

The “HITMAN Legacy Pack” includes all locations and campaign missions from the previous game and will be provided to players who own HITMAN: The Full Experience, HITMAN: The Complete First Season (digital or disc) or all seven episodes individually from the previous HITMAN game.

Players who own HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition (or have upgraded to the GOTY Edition) or own HITMAN: Definitive Edition, will be able to redeem the “HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack,” including all locations and campaign missions from HITMAN, plus the Patient Zero campaign, GOTY suits and three GOTY Escalation Contracts.

What does the HITMAN Legacy Pack cost?

If you own a full version of HITMAN, you can download the corresponding HITMAN Legacy Pack at no additional cost.

If you do not own a version of HITMAN, the HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack will be available as DLC for HITMAN 2 for $20.00 USD. HITMAN 2 disc owners will need to use the HITMAN 2 in-game store. Digital owners can either use the in-game store or the platform store (PSN or Xbox Store).

Players who have redeemed the HITMAN Legacy Pack can also purchase the “GOTY Legacy Upgrade” for $10.00 USD, which will upgrade their Legacy Pack to the GOTY Legacy Pack.

4 years ago*

You are right. Everything that you can play thought hitman 1 you can also play on hitman 2. Whatever you own of the firstgame can be transfered for free to 2. Also as you said there is no remastered version. The game is pretty much the same, the only differences of hitman 1 though 2 are some small mechanics.
But the whole transfer was available since the day hitman 2 was launched so i cant understand the point of the whole post. Its not something new at all, except if i missed something here.

4 years ago

Apparently HITMAN 1 during Free Weekend counted as owning the full game, which allowed the legacy content to be unlocked for HITMAN 2 for free.

4 years ago

Ah i see, thanks for explaining it. It seems a bit pointless as at this point you can pirate the game to avoid the whole hassle but whatever.

4 years ago

Yes, but it's not unethical if they give you the means to exploit them, themselves! 🙄
Nah, I'd have gone for this offer myself*, I'm cheap and poor enough to care about such things, but I definitely can't argue that it's not an iffy situation [*Assuming I had the hard drive space to install one game, nevermind two, which I almost never do.] Meanwhile, pirating isn't strictly negative in itself, as it has a ton of justifable uses- most notably, when piraters fix broken games, allowing legitimate purchasers to actually play them.

So this definitely works as a "deal", but if you're pirating [just for the sake of pirating] already, then yeah, it's not going to seem as appealing. Then again, if you're pirating already, isn't any offer (with any kind of effort/payment requirement) going to seem less appealing? :P

4 years ago

I am not here to judge anyone neither i care the slightest what everyone else is doing. It just seems a bit weird to me to that people are doing all those steps in order to get the game for free while there is a more ethical way, the goty legacy pack costs at this moment 4 bucks, and a more faster way avoiding all the hassle for free.
And yes i think i agree with you, that pirating isnt all that negative for game companies. Witcher 3 thats the biggest AAA game that was released without drm is still proving game companies that pirating the game did more good than harm.
But anyway if you keep any eye on Hitman you should definitely give it a try if you like slow games with a ton of planning and thinking. Its one hell of a game at least for me.

4 years ago

Wish I saw and knew this earlier. Didn't even need to activate my copy of Hitman 1 Season 1. They were getting both Season 1 and Hitman 2 Legacy Pack for free. Bought HB Choice with Hitman Standard for nothing too. Big companies just trying to scam you with multiple dlcs versions and upgrades.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

4 years ago

use, Geforcen Now

4 years ago

How to do it through Geforce Now? Does it take up any less space? Never used it before.

4 years ago*

Streaming service, if you have the game on your steam account you can play on Geforce Now

4 years ago

Thank you I will try it. Do you know if it counts Steam achievements as you play on it?

4 years ago

yes, need login with your Steam account

4 years ago

So I just downloaded that Geforce Now thing, and I was too late for the Hitman Legacy thing. Dang thing seems to work fairly well, but does this Geforce Now let you use it for an hour a day for free? Does it kick in a free trial right off the bat?

4 years ago

Hahha Hitman 1 is like 42 GB or more with all the chapters. I downloaded the free Hitman 2 and all the Season 1 content and it's 30gb

4 years ago

I have everything in Hitman 2 (both games, all DLC) and it has 149GB on disk :-D

4 years ago

Do the Hitman 1 achievements carry over if you play everything in Hitman 2 then?

4 years ago

Unfortunate not.
It's a clean slate

4 years ago

Nothing carry over :-/

4 years ago

Oh my, I think I don't wanna install all that

4 years ago

Thank you for the headsup, tried with geforce now (just now) and it worked :)

4 years ago

You already owned the first one, right?

4 years ago

Yeah, I had it :)

4 years ago

Guess it's all over, was reading just now

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.