Hi guys,
since I cant see a dedicated thread for it (and to prevent that we are getting flooded by single threads), I just open.

Here you can drop gems on sale, that many maybe overlook or discuss the Adventure clues.

Dont forget to get through your daily discovery que for a free steam card.

With that being said:

All hints have been deciphered and the quest is done. Here you find the names for the fake games you must navigate to.
If you have a hard time, just search for "TH.4X" which is the price for all the Clorthax games.

1st: Guitar Billionaire animated avatar
2nd: Custard Castle Small Claims Court sticker
3rd: Bass Ain’t Bitin’ 2022 avatar profile frame
4th: Dead Seagull Zoo Magnate sticker
5th: Actually...: Frankenstein's Monster Edition sticker
6th: It's Probably Fine animated avatar
7th: Help Get The King To The Toilet sticker
8th: The Consecration Of Esthme avatar profile frame
9th: Pro Poker Amateur avatar profile frame
10th:Hold In Your Farts animated avatar

Final gift:
Steam 3000 (Profile Background)
Steam 3000 (Animated Avatar)
Steam 3000 (Avatar Profile Frame)
Steam 3000 Profile Modifier

Thanks to ProphetFinagle for this list and all the others that shared tips, tricks or walk-arounds (steamdb) to get this quest done.

Happy sales!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

You know, this little "Easter Egg Hunt" is a clever idea, at least from the point of view of "how do we make our customers actually LOOK at the things we advertise in our sale?"...

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago*

I actually stumbled upon two very interesting looking games that I added to my wishlist while searching for the fake titles, so it is a pretty good strategy to force us to actually pay attention.

1 year ago

i thought the items are marketable... it's not :'(

1 year ago

Yeah, I have too much garbage from past sales. If only steam would give a choice to destroy them!

1 year ago

As a malicious actor could delete any item in an account taken over Valve plays it safe.

1 year ago

You can go to https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keynames&type=-1&keyname=440&operator=1&keyvalue=Clorthax to find the names of the games. Click on the AppID to get a picture of the thumbnail so you know what to look for. It starts from the bottom up.

Or if you can't be bothered to do any of this there's a way to autoclaim all 10 clues reddit link . Look at the sticky comment.

1 year ago*

thank you, that script helped me a lot

1 year ago

this was so cool. thanks

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

I have clicked game #8 before the hint and now it can't be found anymore. :/

1 year ago

Hello, just wanna add some INFO :)

The way I found it is actually very EASY.

1. After you Click --> ' GO FIND IT! ' button, just Scroll down the page to the BOTTOM END of your page.
  2. Check the game that have TH.4X price tag in COMING SOON section which is in the bottom end of the page you open.
  3. How? use Ctrl + F in your browser to find TH.4X . (Remember, the TH.4X game not always in the COMING SOON section but, can be anywhere. Most of the time it shown in the COMING SOON section.
  4. Wow, can't find it! Yes, press the " > " arrow button in COMING SOON section in order to find it.
  5. Once you found the game that has TH.4X price tag, just click it.
  6. Done. And now you can back to the quest page and do the next quest/task.
  7. Enjoy your Steam Clorthax Reward!

(TIPS: if you cant find the game with TH.4X price tag, just change the game Tab/category like SImulation, Arcade, or etc. and scroll down to the COMING SOON section and find the game there :) i hope it helps! )

1 year ago*

That was kinda tiresome...most of them appeared in the "upcoming" queue at the bottom of the page, but not all and I think my filters might have blocked some? Disabled them and refreshed a lot, but eventually got there.

But OK granted, it made me look at quite a few upcoming titles, and some made it to my already bloated wishlist.
Yay I guess...

1 year ago

thanks for help.

1 year ago

Bloody annoying and broken mess... Seems like someone liked the idea of made up game names in last thing they do. And now went to do laziest possible mostly broken thing...

1 year ago

Had Completed this Quest half an hour ago and then saw this post(after all that hard work),at least I enjoyed and discovered new games.Thanks for making this guide,it will be helpful for everyone.Added you to my Whitelist.Great Job!

1 year ago

For some reason, I can't find last game... I know I ignored strategy usually, but even after filter reset, no luck...

1 year ago

I figured out, it can hide in a category you already looked through. So the only "good" advice I can give you is, going through every category again and keep an eye open for the TH.4X price tag.

1 year ago

thanks, I'll try.

*edit: still bugged for me...

1 year ago*

awesome thanks for this!

1 year ago

I'd play the SHIT out of Dead Seagull Zoo Magnate!

1 year ago

I did all the "quests" in less than 5 minutes, without any script.
You don't need to read anything, just click and click and click.

1. Click on "Go find it"
  2. Click on ANY RANDOM category, it doesn't matter which one (seriously). But don't choose first one called "Featured"
  3. Then there are sub-categories with 4, 5 or 6 games each. Click on the right side FOUR TIMES to see other games from that sub-category.
    Look at the price of the FIRST GAME only. You don't need to watch anywhere else.
    Go through all the sub-categories in that page.
    If the FIRST GAME in the sub-category has the price "TH.4X", then click on the "game" and then click on "Go to quest page"
  4. Click on "Go find it" at the bottom and repeat

You don't need to go anywhere else to find the "TH.4X, you don't need to go to upcoming, all the TH.4X are on the first game on a random sub-category on a random category. You don't need to read anything. Just click Go Find It, choose category, click on ">", find TH.4X. Repeat.

Most useless quest ever. Valve just wanted you to browse games, there is no quest.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.