can someone please give me good ways to go about this?

I have acquired like 240 games from using nivq services.

I recently subscribed to humble bundle,

I have wanted to boost my steam levels for awhile and make my profile look better

this seems like a good place to learn from the best of the best, is there a certain place I can buy in bulk?
or is it like a slow slow grind to get my numbers/stats up there

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah, you can buy most of the games.

1 year ago

This is how I did it. Highly recommended.

1 year ago

There's a few sites that sell nice bundles for generally a small amount of money, they are:
HumbleBundle
Fanatical
IndieGala
DailyIndieGame

1 year ago

Also, be sure to keep an eye on the discussion threads here to grab any free-to-claim games as they also count to your library count.

1 year ago

+1
as for this list, it goes from the better to cheaper bundles

1 year ago

Steam's summer sale event launches in 4 days. You can buy games at reasonable prices while getting free trading cards for the uncapped event badge to level up and Steam points to pimp your profile.

1 year ago

Tremor Games were good for that but unfortunately they closed a few years back. I understand the site had plenty of problems so i guess it is understandable.

1 year ago

I still miss TremorGames... :(

1 year ago

Same.

1 year ago

I'm not someone who cares about boosting my game count, but the other day I stumbled across this site (Steamground) that sells packs of 50/100 random games.

I can't personally vouch for them. Could be a scam.

Also, in the description it says:

4. Most of the games don't add +1 to game collector count  

So might not be what you're looking for.

1 year ago

not a scam i have used them a few times and they tell you the game next to the code before you use it - most of my cheaper giveaways where used using their site

1 year ago

but this is a russian store

1 year ago

i have no opinion either way on this (do not judge all Russian people because of one) but i mention it as i have found them friendly and easy to use

1 year ago

His taxes go to kill Ukrainians ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 year ago*

I'll go out and vouch for Steamground. If you're just trying to mass add games to your account, the 50/100 random keys a great ratio of games to money.
Lots of the games you get will be from similar devs. Lots of trash nsfw games so if that's bothersome, don't go for it.
About half the games you get will be nsfw but there are maybe 3 or 4 games that won't have been bundled before so those could be nice for full value giveaways here on SG.
MOST IMPORTANT THOUGH: Anytime I've had a key that didn't work, I'd send a screenshot of the key and the error showing it incapable of being activated and support has ALWAYS sent me a replacement key (granted, for another random game). There may be a few each purchase that don't activate so if you go shopping there, expect to run into errors eventually.
Finally, if you buy one of the random packs, it's better not to buy another because there will be a ton of duplicates.

TL;DR, I don't see them as a scam site but this is how my experience with them has been over the past years.

1 year ago

There are some free ways
IndieGala Gameplay Giveaway :
You can win easily 2 games per day
You can find more here: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/fzysu/indiegala-gameplay-giveaway

LootBoy:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/rSWOI/lootboy-codes-for-coinsdiamonds

1 year ago

If you want good games, you'll get there eventually. If you just want the 500+ badge, there are plenty of 1 dollar "games" on Steam.

1 year ago

Have you played the Indiegala gameplay giveaway? You can reasonably get atleast 2 keys a day or 3 if you're really good/lucky with the minigame!

There are also quite a few permanently free games on steam that give a +1 game count if you search for the list either on here or google/reddit, plus steam sometimes gives random games for free for a few days! There's an app to give you a notification for it, reddit groups (FreeGameFindings) or discord bots you can add to your own personal server!

Be careful which games you buy if you're only interested in the +1, cause many are profile limited and won't give you a game count.

Humble is good and so is Fanatical! I think a lot of games from the DailyIndieGame and Indiegala bundles seem to be profile limited.

If you have extra games you could also trade them with people like on steamtrades or barter!

1 year ago

Some free game add +1

1 year ago

I'm curious, why would one want to just collect game numbers?

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago*

10K badge is the coolest, IMO. But I'm probably never getting there. XD

1 year ago

People can collect anything usually for bragging or money reasons.

1 year ago

Trading is another way to get lots of games, assuming you have game keys to trade. You can try steamtrades.com or barter.vg (much better imo).

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Not sure if it's a joke I am not getting or not, but that links personally sends me to the main page on Steam?

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

yes but then why not just use https://store.steampowered.com and use all that stuff behind it? That's why I assumed it was something special and not just the normal main page.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

OoOoOh, I'm picking up what you're putting down!

1 year ago

Like, you are level 76. So obviously you are doing something right if your goal is to level up.
In case of increasing number of owned games, just buy bundles from humble, fanatical, gmg etc. Anything works.

1 year ago

Since trading and trading-related discussions here are not allowed, I suggest you to simply add me for further suggestions

1 year ago

I think trading-related discussions are allowed as long as you're just pointing at a main site as a recommendation instead of trying to offer a trade, or at least it used to be allowed, I haven't traded in a long time.

1 year ago

Why? Do you need more games so you can keep cheating achievements?

1 year ago

I always saw people that cheat achievements as weak
As for the number of games you have, I don't see the point of having a lot of games you don't play. Especially if you are gonna cheat your way through them

1 year ago

Hi fellow achievement hunter! =)

Also, he has that weird group, full of very suspicious accounts, I checked few dozen and 90% of them have at least 1 VAC or game Ban.

1 year ago

Hello, always a pleasure to meet another achievement hunter :)
That's weird to me, but to each their own.

1 year ago

wow first time i see a group full of VACs

1 year ago

These are called vac-a-bonds.

1 year ago

Don't ask me, i almost gave 500 away more then i won.

But no, you can buy cheap keys from keyresellers, check the sellers rating though cause there is always a chance you can get burned (often you get your money back though from such sites) i can't name anything because of the rules here.

1 year ago

I don't recommend piling up games just for the sake of having an impressive number. Sooner or later you'll realize that sitting on a pile of trash is hardly a prestigious affair. Quite the opposite.

1 year ago

Waste of time.

I've gotten the amount of games i got by buying bundles overtime and sometimes cheap deals, very rarely pay high prices for games unless it is something i really want to play.

So if you want more games, buy bundles, people here suggested some stores already, there used to be more in the past, but competition sometimes does these things.

But i can tell you, you are wasting your time with meaningless stuff. Focus on playing games you want to play, as time goes on, you will get cards, badges, etc. Then slowly change your profile as you see fit. You could however learn how to customize your profile on a professional level by making it unique and stand out, instead of focusing on levels/badges. A good profile that stands out can blow away the mind of visitors and even attract people towards your profile. Everything else is "meh" and nothing special really. Game count means nothing these days because bundles exist, third party resellers exist, official 90% bundles exist, lots of free games given away, etc. Gaming industry is bloated, so the value of games has gone down, along with the quality of it as corporations fight each other to get to your wallet first.

I've said all this because i thought like you in the past, like a decade ago, when i got my first job, i was like "OMG MUST GET 100+ GAMES ON STEAM", i only had valve games at the time and like 5 non valve games, so i started buying other things like borderlands, terraria, etc... By the time i got 200 games, bundles came about, bought bundles until i got around 1.5k games and decided to stop buying them for some years (like 5 or so), i got back to buying some bundles in the last 2 years and eventually got to 2k. Basically got over 500 games in 2-3 years and i did not buy all bundles, only bought those that had games i was interested in, still a waste of time and money because at best, i beat 1 game per week average and i usually add more games than what i beat to the backlog. Getting freebies also increases the count by a good amount.

1 year ago

you are wasting your time with meaningless stuff. Focus on playing games you want to play,

Yup 1000% ✔

1 year ago

Yup yup 1000% ✔

1 year ago

I don't know if this goes for everyone but for me having a huge pile of unplayed games is a source of stress more than a thing I'm proud of, even if it's nice to have options about what to play next there's a point at which having too many options is just overwhelming and requires me to just stop playing games for a while. Don't turn this hobby into a grind.
That said, I'm absolutely guilty of jumping at almost any opportunity to get a new entry in my library, as I said it's just nice to have options and if I had the willpower and opportunity I'd probably play a lot more than I do. To me the way to accrue thousands of games was simply to buy a bunch of bundles (this is the main one), steam sales, giveaways both in here and other places, and of course to grab every freebie I became aware of (as long as I was able and willing to jump through the required hoops to get it).

1 year ago

whats nivq services???

1 year ago

looks like you give them CS GO KEYS and they give or put a set amount of random keys on your account

1 year ago

I used to easily boost my level from big events than game cards. I believe it's still worth it to do it like that today, but I've stopped caring that much.

1 year ago*

Buy bundles, trade keys you don't want for those that you do want, buy games with big discounts, buy beta/review/bundled keys from grey market sites, buy "Complete your collection" packages on Steam. Also you are on a site where people give away games, you can enter some giveaways and try to win free games. You could also just buy a bunch of crap and get up to 500 games but it sucks to have crap in your library, and the more crap that's in there the worse it is to deal with.

1 year ago

This right here.

1 year ago

You're about to enter in the gaming paradox. If you work enough to get money to buy games, you won't have enough time to play them...

1 year ago

I'm here (steamgifts) for 9 years and I won almost 500 games already. So I would say that you made first step by registering here, now just wait enough time xD
But seriously - If you don't care about quality - buy fanatical's 1$ bundle xD

1 year ago

more games is not really going to help, it won't give you any wallpaper or icons that are nice to look at

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.