SO as people may know the Altech Lansing 215 speakers are about 10-12 years old, but yesterday i came home form work and they will not power on, tried different socket, checked connections, no luck:( Seems they are dead:(

Now you may also know these speakers are built VERY WELL and have lasted me this long with GREAT sound.

Reading reviews they sound very hard ot replace:(

ANY advice or tips on whcih brand to look out / ones to avoid.

$100 AUD would be my max (Roughly $70 USD), as I am now a father and husband , which I was not 10+ years ago when i spent $220 (i think) on these. Also just upgraded my monitor, GPU and keyboard (Logitech Orion Spark woot) and did not plan to have to replace my speakers this year/ever.

Looks like my local stores stock Logitech and Creative speakers, if that helps.

I prefer 5.1

Local store has the Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel PC Speakers for $80

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Anyone Else?

8 years ago

sad face

8 years ago

Sounds like it's hard economically to be father and husband lol. Kinda grateful I'm still unmarried. I can buy anything on my whim.

8 years ago

Well I did just buy a new monitor, a R9 390 8gig, a Logitech Orion Spark keyboard and shelved and painted my daughters room all in the last month;P

8 years ago

I know you did not mention this brand, but the best I know of that you can find around that mark are the Bose Companion II set. They are not 5.1, but at that price point these are great stereo speakers rather than low end 5.1. I've had these at home and at work and they are exceptional for the cost.

8 years ago

I have to agree with the others here. For your budget, you'd be much better off getting a nicer set of 2.1 than a cheaper set of 5.1

5x crap is a lot of crap, but you should be able to get a decent set of 2.1 for $100 or so. Depending on your soundcard, I'd even suggest hitting a pawn shop or two and seeing if you can't find a used receiver and a couple of nice bookshelf speakers.

8 years ago

are you utilizing surround? i keep seeing massive complaints regarding pc games ever since vista virtualized audio, the best surround gaming audio would be on consoles

personally i hate speakers, the sound is never right (unless you make a perfect room with perfect positioning), bass will distract others (& i love bass), there is ambient noise, so i'm circumaural good quality headphones for life

that budget is iffy unless you find something on sale or used... or even find out how to repair yours or at least where the problem lies (maybe all you need is a spare woofer or one of the connectors)

side note: we (family) have had an altec that i never liked fail, something with the connectors in the woofer was causing connection loss to one or both of the satellites, i never bothered to open it up or i think i got stuck with screw sizes

8 years ago*

I thought the Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel PC Speakers for $80 seemed a good buy,, thats half the price they are in other stores.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.