...and I want to hear what you guys say about this configuration. I'm not high on budged..

Motherboard
ASUS Socket LGA1155, P8B75-M, INTEL B75, 2*DDR3 1600/1333/1066 up to 32GB, RGB/DVI/HDMI, 1xPcie3.0/1xPcie2.0x16/2xPCI, 1xSATA III, 5xSATA II, 8CH, GBLAN, 2xUSB3.0, 4xUSB2.0, mATX
Processor
Intel Core Ci5 IvyBridge 4C i5-3450 3.10GHz, s.1155, 6MB, 22nm, Intel HD Graphics 2500, 95W, BOX, HF ITT
RAM 4GB DDR3/1333 PC10600
Hard Disk
500GB SATA 3, 16MB 7200rpm WD Caviar Blue
Video Card
PALIT Nvidia Geforce GT640 PCI-EX3.0 2048MB DDR3 128bit, 900/1800 MHz, CRT/DVI/HDMI, Fan Cooler

I did not include the case and the other things because I think they aren't necessary.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

if your only going to be gaming and no editing get an i3 3220 and a 660 non ti for graphics

1 decade ago

why and i3? isn't an i5 better?

1 decade ago

an i3 is all you will need for gaming and its better to save some money and get a way better graphics card

1 decade ago

Well, I was thinking about buying this one and upgrade the graphics card later. If this one works well, maybe I will keep it for longer and get more money for better upgrades.

1 decade ago

okay thats good, 4gb of ram is fine but later on you might wanna add some more sticks for 8gb. also if you like having all your games installed at once you should atleast get a 1tb hard drive

1 decade ago

well, I'm not ever going to have 100s of games on my PC, if I get bored of 1, I uninstall it :) and thanks for the suggestions. And I don't worry about the RAM, I can have up to 32 gigs so it's good :)

1 decade ago

well just so you know 32gbs is overkill :P

1 decade ago

yeah.. I know.. and a lot of money aswell..

1 decade ago

Also.. what framerates you think I would have at FC3 on medium? :)

1 decade ago

well you meet the recommended reqs for it, my guess is you can probably get 40 fps on medium

edit: i got to go now, hope you find some more answers also google is always your friend :D

1 decade ago

Thanks for everything! Maybe we could talk later and play games :) added you :)

1 decade ago

gibe more RAM

1 decade ago

Get a bigger HDD and at least 6 gigs of ram and it should hold up for a couple of years pretty well

1 decade ago

Well, I think 500 gigs is enough for me.. not looking to have 1000s of games

1 decade ago

NOPE: Always have more. It's a pain in the arse to suddenly find not enough space. So get a 1TB just to be on the safe side.

Movies, music, stupid updates and games will add up.

1 decade ago

I thought 500gb is enough, I'm currently on my last 50gb :(

1 decade ago

I'm in between 30gb and 70gb left all the time :c

1 decade ago

if you got the budget grab the i5 3750k and some more ram.

1 decade ago

I think i'll just stay on this processor and RAM will come later ;-)

1 decade ago

Add more RAM. 4 Go is not enough for some games. Battlefield 3 for example is better with more RAM. Buy 8 Gb.

1 decade ago

Well, I'm not going to play BF or COD because I have got enough of these to games. I really wanna play AC3 and FC3 atm.

1 decade ago

Please, include the PSU brand and model, and if you can, add more RAM, that way the most likely upgrade for the future would be the GPU only.

1 decade ago

GT 640 doesn't seem like a great gaming card, it's also using quite outdated technology (DDR3 not DDR5)
A quick search showed that it's worth around 90-100 dollars, whereas HD 7770 is worth 120-130$ and is much, much better, runs almost any game at 1080p mid/high.

1 decade ago

Well, I don't like AMD/ATI, so I'm not likely to buy a GPU from them. :P

1 decade ago

Not sure what's not to like, especially if you're on a budget, buying from really gives you a nice bang for the buck.
I'm a bit lazy to research, but I think GTX 650 isn't too overpriced either, the non TI version at least, but is much better than GT 640. Generally look at cards that have a GTX in the name, GT is not for gaming.

1 decade ago

History. ATI cards hve a long history of poor support by game companies. It isn't as bad as it use to be, be if you look around steam hubs, at the problems people have, often ATI comes up. Still a nvidia 640 is a low end card. a 560 may be a better choice. The first number is the series, 2nd is basically how good it is, 3rd is for version.

1 decade ago

I think that it's a pretty nice build:) if it comes to it could always upgrade Ram and other stuff later depending on what you are going to play

1 decade ago

Well guys, looks like my rig will work on about 40 FPS(game-debate) on Far Cry 3(Medium-High), 30-40 Planeside 2(Medium-High), 40-50 Assassin's Creed 3(medium high), 40-50 Skyrim(Medium-High) and so on. I will upgrade my RAM and GPU later. Thanks everyone for the help!

1 decade ago

cpu pentium G860 or G870 depending on market price or i5-3570k are the best value cpus

gpu gt630 for 300 watt psu or gtx 650 ti

Ram get dual channel ram 2x 4 gb so 8 gb. RAM is cheap and 4 gb will bottleneck

PSU Antec

HD western digital

Also changing a cpu is an intensive upgrade

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Razzey.