So, i have an old crap pc. And my video card is Geforce FX 5200 128 mb (not iltra).
I wondering, can i run Sins of a Solar Empire on it well? I mean without long freezes.
Minimum requirements are 128 mb videocard with shaders 2.0, but my card is not from supported cards list. So guyz what can you say?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wow. I think you really need to buy a new PC, that hardware is old. You can build a good pc for under 500€.

1 decade ago

i'm studying at university and completely addictive to the pc games. the only thing that stops me to spend whole life at pc is his characteristics :D. If i get new there will be so much games that i must play so i will lost my life and will be kicked from university 100% sure :DD

1 decade ago

I'm at university and am also somewhat addicted to PC gaming. I have a PC that is capable of running any game on the market currently maxed out. If you are serious about being at university and continuing your education, games will never stand in the way. I play every day for many hours but I would never let it get in the way of my work when there is some I need to do.

1 decade ago

I have the same card :D it's shit :D

1 decade ago

oh, i gotta take a look at your games, may be i can find smth for me

1 decade ago

on this card you can run hellgate london :D

1 decade ago

can't find it on steam

1 decade ago

or cs source, hl2

1 decade ago

already have all series. css a bit laggy

1 decade ago

or nfs undergroud 1 and 2, most wanted, carbon, pro street, undercover laggy, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay, mx vs. atv unleashed, I test on this card many games ;d

1 decade ago

lol, stop post games that are not exists on steam

1 decade ago

you nothing say about games must be on steam ;)

1 decade ago

i thought it's obvious, cause we all on STEAMgifts.com :)

1 decade ago

Devil May Cry 3, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Nation Red, Mount & Blade, prince of persia the forgotten sands, prince of persia warrior within, prince of persia two thrones, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, Portal, GUN, Call of duty 2, F.E.A.R.

1 decade ago

gotta love that sincerity.

1 decade ago

one of the worst video cards in history and certainly the worst nvidia video card series. you can get a 20 times faster card for money that you can beg out in the street in 2 hours.

also, I would guess the cpu paired with that card would actually be even worse for a strategy game.

your card is not on the lis because nvida doesn't supprt the car anymore. 6000 series is the oldest supprted series by nvidia in newer drivers.

1 decade ago

Not in Russia). And first my comment is explain also why i still using this **it)

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

this site is shit. it says that i can run games, but when i tried there were a slideshow. never trust it.
that's why i started topic.

1 decade ago

From my experience, sometimes the site will tell you that you can't run something but you actually can (on low settings, that is). But it's never told me I can run it when I actually couldn't.

1 decade ago

I doubt it. Well, you can make it run, but the fps even on min. setting will be terrible(i.e. <10+freezes
).

1 decade ago

thx. so, i think i gotta go play ai war :D

1 decade ago

I used to have the same card and used it for almost 8 years before it blew up on me at christmas. If you post the rest of your specs (including psu) we can recommend a very cheap upgrade, it was something I considered before I caved in and ended up building a completely new rig.

1 decade ago

my motherboard is completely old, it's easier to buy whole new pc). And may be soon i will do it. thx though

1 decade ago

You can get a 8X AGP card with 2GB for $50.

1 decade ago

omg where? i tried to find it, but in my city stores it's about 100$ and i think it's overpay for me :D

1 decade ago

Try 2nd hand hardware.

1 decade ago

will try

1 decade ago

I had a laptop with a 128mb card that ran the game okay a few months ago on lower settings.

1 decade ago

oh, really? sounds good, but what was your videocard? i guess it's newer than mine..

1 decade ago

ATI Radeon Mobility X1400. But the game has a demo. Try it http://download.cnet.com/Sins-of-a-Solar-Empire-demo/3000-7483_4-10822743.html

1 decade ago

oh crap, so low speed

1 decade ago

it runs on my crappy laptop. It has 128 dedicated ram. it runs fine.

1 decade ago

Have you tried overclocking it?
I had an ATI 9800se a while back. Everything limited (half pipes, 75% stock speed, etc)
I think I got it to 8/4 @ 9800PRO speeds for a few months.

Then it died. The doctor said it was heatstroke.

I miss it.

1 decade ago

no, it's already close to death, don't want hurt it, cause she served for me for years.

1 decade ago

id salvage a few meals for a new card personally.

1 decade ago

lol, you're eating at restraunt? :D

1 decade ago

Looks like the game's requirements have been upgraded over time. The FAQ currently says that 256MB and pixel shader 3.0 are the minimum, so obviously it won't play on the 5200. (Even the old requirements at Wikia stated the 6600 as a minimum.)

1 decade ago

oh, good that i didn't bought it.

1 decade ago

I have the same exact card that you have. The game does run.. but even with all of the settings set to the absolute minimum, including the smallest resolution, the game runs incredibly slow whenever you have your camera over top of a planet, even at the beginning of a game on a small map, which is really freaking crappy. I believe that the more units you make the slower the game will run as well. You can zoom out a ways and play that way (I haven't tested it over multiple hours, though), but you're not able to see any units at all, just their icons.

Here are my specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.21 GHz
  • Gerforce FX 5200 128 MB
  • 2 GB RAM
  • Windows XP

I definitely recommend a better card if you're able to get one. Even though you missed the deal for the game for $10, it's still worth it for the $20 IF you do plan to upgrade sometime soon.

1 decade ago

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m39ws2TxzB1r8spe2o1_500.png
check picture..

don't want upgrade, there are still tons of games that i able to run well).

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Blackmore.