The Crew™ $4.49 at a discount -85%

The Crew Ultimate Edition $7.49 at a discount -85%

10 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Oh, thanks! Does the Ultimate Edition include all the DLCs? If so it might be worth the difference.

10 months ago

It does afaik

10 months ago

Judging from SteamDB's listing, it does.

10 months ago

No not all DLC's, not the car packs. Only the three expansion DLC's. From Ubisoft Store:
The Crew® Ultimate Edition includes The Crew® the original game, its expansion, The Crew® Wild Run, the Season Pass content and the latest expansion, The Crew® Calling All Units.

10 months ago

Steam version contains the car packs:

View attached image.
10 months ago

Ah. Thanks for the info!

10 months ago

Pretty fun game, worth picking up the ultimate edition imo

10 months ago

How to play without UPlay?

10 months ago

It should work with Ubisoft Connect, where you have to log in manually once.

Connect

10 months ago

no ubisheit

10 months ago

Wasn't this one free somewhere at some point? Not on steam of course, another store.

10 months ago

Ubisoft themselves gave it away free twice in the same year to celebrate their 30th anniversary, but that was like 6-7 years ago.

10 months ago

Ah, I knew I owned it somewhere, thanks for the confirmation :)

10 months ago

You're welcome. I watched a video essay about it (Ross from Accursed Farms) a while back and I guess the information just stuck with me. Good video BTW; you should watch it if you're interested.

10 months ago

I can't remember if I watched that one, the only racing related video of his I do remember was the one talking about Trackmania 2, mostly because that's how I discovered that channel.

10 months ago

His Crew video is definitely a good one. The Trackmania 2 episode is a good one too. Not one of my favorites, but I've watched it and enjoyed it a couple times since it came out.

If you haven't watched them, check out his videos for Requital, The Cave World Saga, and Veil of Darkness. Probably my favorite 3 Game Dungeon's he's done. :)

10 months ago

Sad we can`t link that version to the Steam

10 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

10 months ago

I have played the hell out of that game, the open world is amazing. Highly recommended if you don't mind that it is a few years old.

10 months ago

ubisoft though

10 months ago

Thanks. I would love to get it but I'm worried about Ubisoft and their Server shutdowns.
They should add peer-to peer hosting to keep this alive. I have it on Uplay

10 months ago

Played it when base game given for free in Uplay, pretty fun racer, story was decent and multiplayer was worth to play for some hours. Although one timed story mission where you need to smash crates driving truck that barely steers - that shit made my blood boil, wasted like a dozen of hours until i beat it.

10 months ago

If they decide to shutdown the servers, wouldn't this game be unplayable? If so, i'll skip it.

10 months ago

They dont plan to patch this game to offline. But there are community to try to make it playable after servers goes shut off.

4 months ago

SteamDB lowest recorded price is ₺26,24 at -75%
Last on 22 June 2018

current price : ₺52,35

:D

inflation

10 months ago

thanks, i got it

10 months ago

Is the ultimate edition worth getting over the base game?

10 months ago

Adds quite a bit of content, so I would say yes :)

10 months ago

if iam not wrong, it was free on another platform (which is the main one)

10 months ago

Years ago on Uplay I think

10 months ago

yeah i meant it.. is it ok to mention it on this forum? haha

10 months ago

I mean, it's an official platform no?

10 months ago

10 months ago

Just a heads-up; the deal ends in 2+ hours.

10 months ago

They delisted the game out of nowhere -_-

4 months ago

That's why we love ubisoft :3
They will also murder it completely in 3 months:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/4xqsv/the-crew-removed-from-sale-and-server-shut-down

4 months ago

if they had a 90% discount now, lasting until the shutdown in march, people would've still shat on it because it's ubisoft and how dare they sell something that's going offline soon. anything and everything that isn't steam gets the same shit whether they do one thing or the complete opposite, it's fucking ridiculous. though of course we're on a steam fanboy site, so not that surprising.

4 months ago

I shit equally on people that make online-only games. Pay full price for game. Get the game closed whenever publisher decides. Buy new game. Repeat the cycle.
And ofc they will not allow to make dedicated servers. Why would they allow people to play old game instead of buying new one?

4 months ago

the solution is not to buy online-only games but people are idiots with no standards or self-control, so things are only changing for the worse, never the better.

4 months ago

Couple of years ago I would sign with both hands under that statement.
But with digital distribution game can change drastically from when it was bought.

I have some physical releases that are useless now, because game became f2p xD And I received like couple of useless ingame icons for the fact that I previously owned "full game".

Ofc - you can stop the updates and play "old version" singleplayer, but for multiplayer component it just won't work.

Solution for me is to not buy anything from corpos that betrayed my trust. If they did it once - they will do it again. So for guys like activision/blizzard or ubisoft - I just wait for them to go bancrupt. I will consider playing their stuff if given for free. Actually this is why I have the Crew xD

4 months ago

Yup, game has been delisted, dang. Also on April they will shut down servers, so anybody who bought it won't be able to play it.

4 months ago*

The community is working on an offline patch. The game already supports offline mode but it has to be unlocked. Ubisoft is just lazy as usual I guess

4 months ago

Atleast some good news from all of this.

4 months ago

This is the reason I only buy Ubisoft games when they are dirt cheap. It has several great games, but the company is pure trash..

4 months ago

+1 This is the way.

4 months ago

Better to avoid their games entirely. By the time they are dirt cheap, the servers are no longer profitable.

4 months ago

They usually are dirt cheap years before the servers go down. For example, I bought some time ago on a 85% off sale and played last year Assassin's Creed Origins, and it's still available. Granted, you could pirate it if you want, but I don't mind paying 18 euros (or less) for an Ultimate Edition and playing it on Steam. Anyway it's annoying when they remove the servers on their part, and then we have to depend on the MODS to make the game (which we download from Steam) playable offline because they don't even have the decency to release an official offline patch.

4 months ago

Sad to see one of my favorite racing game will be dead soon =( It was fun and memorable ride.

4 months ago

Remarque : Toutes les éditions et le contenu additionnel de The Crew ne sont plus disponibles à l'achat.
Le jeu restera jouable jusqu'au 31 mars 2024 pour tous ceux qui possèdent The Crew. Après cette date, les serveurs du jeu seront fermés, ce qui signifie que le jeu ne sera plus accessible.

4 months ago

Why make the game unplayable, that is so unfair. Just stop selling it?

4 months ago

They stopped selling already.

4 months ago

Yes, they are also going to make it unplayable even if you bought it.

4 months ago

They have determined that keeping them up is no longer worth the money spent to do so. The game is 10 years old and no longer profitable.

Servers aren't free, and profit before customers.

4 months ago

Laws before profit. They have no right to prevent your access to the singleplayer mode.

4 months ago

Until some company is heavily sued for such, companies won't care.

4 months ago

Quake II is 26 years and just got a shiny RTX update.
GTA IV is 15 years old

This is the same crap Rockstar pulled with GTA IV claiming GFWL was terrible and hindering the game. Guess what I still play GTA IV on GFWL with no issues, even multiplayer works. At least Rockstar had the sense to update the game and wall of multiplayer.

There is no excuse for what they did. All they had to do was add a a peer-to-peer connection update, or make it offline only. Would have cost them nothing and gave them goodwill with players. The game even has an offline mode hidden.

The new crew game is headed for failure because of this.

4 months ago

Different companies. Reselling old games that don't use active connections is easier. Putting a team and money into updating an old game to not use a connection when profit dries up doesn't appeal to all of them.

I've heard the mention of an offline mode, but I know plenty of games have unfinished and dummied out content, there is a whole Wiki for it here. I'm not sure if the online triggers that were mentioned are content checks when it fails to load content it was supposed to stream, or just a connection check for the hell of it.

I'd love an offline version for owners, just not sure if it is truly possible.

4 months ago

Ubisoft scummy move:

1. Lure players to buy the game with a heavy discount
  2. After 6 months, kill online servers and remove it from the store
  3. Profit
4 months ago

Nyomorék ubisoft végleg lelövi a játékot és még offline patchet se ad ki hozzá. Fertő. Soha többé nem fogok ubisoft játékot venni

4 months ago

I'm glad I didn't buy it "for later" like I do with so many heavy discounted games.
Wouldn't have gotten to it by that time and probably hated losing access to it if I had played (and enjoyed) it.

4 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.