[UPD 27.05] After several hours after the event started I already decided to make two hints. For now, I do not have any plans to make more hints during the event, but we will of course see how it goes. These two hints are here because one riddle is too complex comparing to other riddles in this event, and I do not want people to feel bad or annoyed due to this. The other hint is because I made a small inaccuracy, which went unnoticed during the testing phase. My first hint is about the movie character, which is the question panel with four arrows. You need to transform each arrow into one letter and then somehow get rid of duplicating letters. My second hint is about the game character, which is the question panel with a mushroom and a snail. Although having a snail emoji is somewhat correct, it was more logical to place a turtle there instead.

[UPD 31.05] For all of those who is still stuck on the movie character, here is a bit more detailed version of the previous hint. 1 arrow = 1 letter. The number of characters after removing duplicates equals to the number of letters before removing duplicates.

[UPD 10.06] The event reached its middle point, and I decided to drop some more hints.

* Hint for the book, which is often referred by players as depicting a king: he is not a king.

* Hint for the book, which is often referred by players as depicting a lightning and a trophy: this book is a part of a very popular franchise.

* Hint for the book, which is often referred by players as depicting books above fire: by these two emojis the plot is riddled, not the book title.

* Hint for the books final: this book is well known by two titles. The original one is riddled in the puzzle and contains a word, which is considered offensive/racist in the USA, that's why it was never published there by its original title.

* Hint for the song, which is often referred by players as depicting nail polish: when originally released, the title of this song by mistake contained a comma. Because of this comma, people thought that the title was racist, so it was gone in later releases.

[UPD 20.06] Russia qualified for the knockout stage at the world cup for the first time in 32 years! I think this fact very well deserves some hints! Some of them are new, some of them I posted in this thread earlier and now added here the links to make them more discoverable.

* Hint for the painting, which is often referred by players as depicting skulls and birds: this is the painting, which does not have a dedicated wikipedia page. So, in this case correct wording and google images search are your two best friends.

* Hint for the movie, which is often referred by players as depicting calendars and clocks: this riddle contains a small mistake. It is not like it changes a lot, but fourth clocks were supposed to be at 9 o'clock instead of 3 o'clock.

* All the emojis used in the riddles are more or less of the same size. There are two exceptions though. In both those cases the size actually matters.

* When you escape the dungeon, you get a link that takes you to the grand prize. Keep in mind that by using this link you can eventually find three grand prizes, not just one.

* Hint for the painting, which is often referred by players as depicting a red building: read this comment and this comment.

* Hint for the movie, which is often referred by players as depicting card suits: read this comment.

* If you are not sure what to do about final question panels, which do not have any visible riddle, read this comment.

[UPD 02.07] The solution has been posted! Also, extra giveaways were created. You can find them at the grand prize page (you get this link when you escape from the dungeon)! If you did not reach it yet, now is the best moment!

It was almost one year since the last Puzzlemania took place. And I must say I am very excited and proud to start Puzzlemania 8 after such a long break! I hope you will enjoy the event as much as I enjoyed preparing it, which was definitely tons of fun thanks to SErVER51 and brand new Dungeon Sandbox!

Puzzlemania 8 is all about emojis. A certain professor once compared emojis with hieroglyphs because both of them can mean dozens of things depending on a context and you can actually express really a lot using just one image. Indeed, that's the case when a picture is worth a thousand words.

Puzzlemania 8 dungeon consists of five halls. In each hall you will have to solve several question panels which depict famous movies, novels, paintings, songs, games. All those things are riddled using emojis. The names of those famous things will be the answers for question panels. Sometimes, it is about the name of a book for instance, sometimes a plot of a movie can be hinted, sometimes it is just my association or even imagination. Please consider a couple of examples at the end of this post to better understand what I mean. Hover over the images to get the answers.

A nice part of this event is that you do not have to solve everything before you get treasures. In fact, when you solve any question panel, you immediately get a giveaway link as a prize! If you solve all the panels in any hall, you get one more link to a more valuble non-bundled giveaway. Finally, when you escape the dungeon, you get the link to the grand prize. I am not telling you what this prize is, but I think this is a very special game, and I hope you will enjoy it. There are 46 question panels in the dungeon in 5 halls, so there will be more than 50 giveaways in total! Some of the games that are given away:

• Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3
  • Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition
  • DOOM
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition
  • Mortal Kombat XL
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
  • ??? (grand prize)

Please remember to check your answer against English wikipedia. Each answer has a dedicated wikipedia page (except one painting whose name can be only found at its author wiki page). The header of the page will be an answer to the question panel. Wikipedia sometimes adds a text in brackets for disambiguation, this text should not be copied because it is NOT a part of answers. Also, make sure you did not enter leading/ending spaces into a question panel when copying text from wiki! Last but not least, articles are important! So, pay attnetion if there is 'a' or 'the' in the name you are copying.

The difficulty of the puzzles in this event is normally average or below average. Each hall however has 1 or 2 question panels with the difficulty above average. Don't feel bad if you cannot solve them at once! In this event Google can often be your best friend when you can enter the correct search phrase. In majority of cases your search phrase will be exactly what you see.

All the giveaways end on the 25th of June, so you will have about 4 weeks to solve the event. I made it so long because I do not want people to miss the puzzlemania event taking into account how rare nowadays I hold them. The giveaways for solving question panels are for level 1+, while the giveaways for completing the halls and the event are for level 2+.

Remember that this is individual event, so avoid sharing answers with other players! Discussion of questions can be done at corresponding giveaway pages once you solved them.

I think you now know everything you need before entering the dungeon. So, good luck and have fun!

Solution

Paintings

• Mona Lisa
  • The Scream
  • The Creation of Adam
  • Black Square
  • Red Square
  • The Son of Man
  • American Gothic
  • Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette
  • The Ninth Wave
  • The Night Watch
  • The Apotheosis of War
  • Campbell's Soup Cans
  • The Starry Night
  • Final: The Last Supper

Movies

• 12 Angry Men
  • Big Fish
  • Seven Pounds
  • Up
  • R2D2
  • Interstate 60
  • The Sixth Sense
  • Groundhog Day
  • Men in Black
  • Dances with Wolves
  • Final: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring

Literature

• A Clockwork Orange
  • Moby-Dick
  • The Old Man and the Sea
  • Fahrenheit 451
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Flowers for Algernon
  • Night Watch
  • The Little Prince
  • The Twelve Chairs
  • Final: Ten Little Niggers

Music

• Dancing Queen
  • Smoke on the Water
  • Candle in the Wind
  • Satellite of Love
  • Eye of the Tiger
  • The Beatles
  • Paint It Black
  • No Woman, No Cry
  • Final: The Four Seasons

Games

• Left 4 Dead
  • Hammerwatch
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Mario
  • The Forest
  • Final: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

5 years ago

I've been stuck on the nail polish song for over a week...

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Stuck on the space and time book

EDIT: Got that one.

EDIT 2: Beaten! That was fun!

5 years ago*

Stuck on arrows and books with fire but have a bump :D

5 years ago*

Bump for solved!
Very well made puzzles.
Thanks!

5 years ago*

Finally solved it.
Thanks for the puzzle and giveaways, ercalote.

5 years ago

2 missing:

5th in paintings: thx for the personal hint, helped a lot
6th in songs - i was just too specific

Cleared the dungeon now, thanks for the personal help, you can remove that now if you want to keep the spice up for the others.

And thanks for all the giveaways, I entered 4 of them :)

5 years ago*

If you pay attention to the contents of the songs hall and take into account that the 6th element is the last one for you, then I am sure you will solve it in no time.

As for the 5th painting, it might be easier if you remember what the 4th painting was.

5 years ago

I edited my comment, this is just to notify you of that, in case you want to take actions accordingly (if you want me to revert the change, though, just tell me :) )

5 years ago

Congrats on escaping the dungeon! I will leave my hints to those who are stuck there and are not lazy to read the comments :)

5 years ago

Ahh... At last solved the last ones: book final (thanks to the hint), movie final and this nail polish.
Thanks for this puzzle. It was fun :)

5 years ago

Thanks for the book hint. Once you said it wasn't published in the U.S. I immedietely knew the book.

5 years ago

One question, if I leave the dungeon, do I lose access to my inventory with my giveaway links?

5 years ago

As far as I know, you will still have all the links.

5 years ago

The hints for the movie character were a bit confusing. I came back to it after a some time away and I still can't make sense of it.

5 years ago

Try to literally follow them.

5 years ago

Everything is saved at the moment you do it.
Meaning if you move that is the spot you would load from, flip a switch it will stay flipped.
You will also have access to all the giveaways you found, once you exit(win) the dungeon.

5 years ago

Nice!

5 years ago

I really want to see what is the answer to the movie character

5 years ago

Any hint for the movie black red card suits?

5 years ago

Just carefully look at the picture, understand what is special about it, and then you will be able to easily google it. This hint is already too much for this riddle :)

5 years ago

THANK YOU! That one had me stumped. :)

5 years ago

:-)

5 years ago*

Bump for solved, thanks for the great event!

5 years ago

AAAAAAAAHHHHH! I advanced a lot more but I'm still stuck in the damn red building painting! Seriously, If I could solve this one I could consider the entire dungeon finished! DX

5 years ago

Bump for solved!
thanks for event =)

5 years ago

Came back after a week and solved some more. Now only stuck on the movie final and a few books. Yay! Having fun with these brain teasers.

5 years ago

Bump for finally solving the nail polish puzzle (thank to the hint!) and solving the final music puzzle the first try :D

5 years ago

Bump for solved!

5 years ago

Hints were really nice erca <3, and actually I think I'm going to read one of the books I learned about from your puzzle :)

5 years ago

Is the first book showing a tomato, an apple, or does it not matter?
no clue re the skulls and birds--the only one i could think of was wrong
no clue in songs: the lady dancing or the two hearts with a satellite
no clue in movies: the arrows, or the clocks

5 years ago*

still have no clue about the picture with the skulls and the birds .. can only think of Cezanne paintings and thats wrong...
still stuck on the movies ... no idea on the one with the money bundles ... maybe im overthinking it -- no idea and also on the one with the arrows even with the hint :(

got the nail polish one... the solution was actually one of my first tries but with the comma

5 years ago

I'm still stuck on that silly red palace painting, made more frustrating because I'm sure I know the answer to the final challenge in the art room.

5 years ago*

I found the book final. It never would have occurred to me to try that if I hadn't been scouring a list of books whose titles had been changed once. Is there a reason that's the only puzzle so far that doesn't use the title from the novel's page on Wikipedia?

5 years ago*

It does use the title from wikipedia. Please elaborate on the issue at the corresponding to this riddle ga page.

5 years ago

You're right, I should have been posting about this there, not here. My first comment in particular could be taken as a hint, I'll edit it.

5 years ago*

Does capitalization matter?

5 years ago

i dont think it does

5 years ago

5 years ago

ponctuation does though

5 years ago