You have all probably seen this group "network" at some point. They send out invites to everyone. They giveaway bundle games here in mass quantities as part of their recruitment. They also advertise giving away AAA titles to whoever invites the most people to their groups. Sadly those giveaways are rigged, as they are not done on SteamGifts, but rather in his group's forum, and no winners are chosen truly at random as the system here allows.

But that's not what I'm here to tell you about.

First, let me show you exactly what I am talking about, in case you are unfamiliar with the OTG Network.

Original Traders Group
Original Curators Group
Original Giveaway Group
German Giveaway Community
Original Society Club
Duck Society

The above 6 groups are what's known as the 'Original Network'. It originally started as just the top group. It's recently expanded unnecessarily into the other groups. You can do everything the 4 groups do with one group, after all. The groups are also all populated by the same people, so don't let the numbers fool you. The Original Society Club is for the most loyal of his followers, where he supposedly does non-bundle game giveaways. Duck Society is...I don't even.

They are all run by a lovely fellow named SalzStange. His username here on SteamGifts is AngryErpel.
Confirmed with SteamGifts Support that this is not calling out..

SalzStange was recently outted on Twitter for trying to blackmail a developer for a free Steam Key. This kind of activity has been known to occur in this "network" but was covered up by his loyalists. When things like this happened in the past, or someone wrote a negative review for a game SalzStange obtained keys for, he would ask his loyalists to downrate the hell out of the review, which they sadly did. According to other 'victims', his loyalists were also asked to harass people that did not agree with SalzStange's methods or people who called him out on his bullshit. It's safe to say some are blindly following him in the hopes of free games. This is, of course, unacceptable, and since this was brought public, some of his loyalists left the group. Namely a few (most) of his admins and even a co-founder. He now has a new set of followers and Admins/Mods, and they are still up to the same routine.

SalzStange thinks giving away games is charity, and refers to his groups as "the biggest charity groups on Steam".
Charity is helping people who are less fortunate (IE Homeless, starving, etc), donating clothes and food to homeless people, or volunteering at a shelter....things of that nature. Not giving away games to privileged people on SteamGifts. He lists hundreds of giveaways for bundle games and games he's received from devs here on SteamGifts. The bundle games he asks members to donate to him so he can give them away here or in his group's chat (this has been confirmed by many former members). Either way, he is unfairly benefiting from contributor value here on SteamGifts because of this. He is currently a LV 9 contributor here on SteamGifts.

There is a reddit thread where a lot of people have come forward to share their experiences with SalzStange and his groups. and there is also a NEOGAF thread.

Proof, evidence, chatlogs, examples of his behavior and other things.
Take a look at these and find out for yourself what kind of person SalzStange is. Don't listen to his long-winded excuses or lies he's posted here and elsewhere.

2706 line OTG Group Chat Log
Full email conversation - This is the 'unedited' screenshot SalzStange provided that he claims absolves him of all accusations. It, in fact, makes him look worse.
My experience with SalzStange and his group
Chat harassment
SalzStange's SteamRep Report
SalzStange's "apology" to the dev he blackmailed
SalzStange thinks there's no proof
Valve is at least aware of this situation
SalzStange thinks those "against" him are all trolls
SalzStange denies allegations concerning his rigged giveaways, which were already confirmed as true
SalzStange's official statement after he was caught
Former Mod's response to his 'official statement'
SalzStange's post history on the Steam forums. A great example of his attitude and how he talks to developers
OTG Head Admin is okay with SalzStange's actions.
SalzStange has been permanently banned from SteamCompanion.
SalzStange calls those who caught him and spread awareness of his lies 'troll' and 'haters'..
SteamCompanion Group Chatlog where SalzStange was invited to discuss his ban

If you are still a part of this "network" I advise you all to leave to avoid being dragged down with him. It will happen eventually. WGN got shut down for doing less than this.

If you would like to combat this network and it's practices, there are a number of things you can do.
If you are a member of any of their groups, or any of the groups that SalzStange associates with (Such as Hookups where he is an Admin), simply leave them. You can also share this thread with people on your friendslists who are members of these groups and advise them to leave as well.

TL;DR:

SalzStange threatened a dev, got caught, and is still trying to lie and cover up the facts, acting like he did nothing wrong.

He claims to be an adult, but is refusing to own up to his actions. Everything we do in life has consequences. It's time he faces them.

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

View attached image.
8 years ago

@NerdHouse A new info to add to the topic, now he was banned from Steam Companion.

8 years ago

Really? That's good! :)

8 years ago

Yeah
user:SalzStange.
Role: Banned From Making Giveaways

8 years ago

But it's still possible for him to change the group the giveaway belongs to, so he connected them to other groups what makes people join the groups to have a chance to win the giveaway.
Oh, he's already one of the admins in this groups, so I decided to block every communication with the admins and moderators there. Any idea how I can blacklist them here in SG too? Don't want anyone of them to enter my giveaways.

8 years ago

Take their SteamID64 and paste it after www.steamgifts.com/user/id/
If you don't know what SteamID64 is, it's the serie of numbers in the URL of their Steam profile.

For example, since your Steam profile URL is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198108136208
http://www.steamgifts.com/user/id/76561198108136208 leads to your profile

If their Steam profile has a custom URL, go to https://steamrep.com/ and paste the custom URL to get their Steam64ID

8 years ago

Thank you very much for the explanation.
Most of them are not on SG, a lot of them was already blocked by me for some misbehaviour and a few of them was already permanent suspended.

8 years ago

Somehow it's not working anymore, always get redirected to an inactive user.
Do you have some other hint how to find the people who registered there?

7 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/e9zDo/change-log see February 21
Replace user/id/ by go/user/

7 years ago

Thank you very much for the information! =)

7 years ago

Without revealing too much, I'll say that Valve employees are on the case and "looking into it", so the investigation is currently ongoing. This might be over very soon.

8 years ago

Fun. Post more info when available?

8 years ago

It's on reddit, one of the moderators said that he/she would pass on the information to Valve. If anything happens, it will most likely be behind closed doors though, there will be no official statement from Valve (at least not if they want to be professional about it) other than possibly a blanket statement on "events like these".

8 years ago

I wasn't talking about reddit, however.

8 years ago

Ah, you found another place where they made a statement about it (or were you the one getting in touch with them)?

8 years ago

Door #2 :B1:

8 years ago

Are you a freaking bot?

xarabas pls

8 years ago

I usually don't like to fan the flames like this, but this is just far too entertaining not to post, in the context of what's been going on: http://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/611701360821942524/#p1

He really does seem like one of the most genuinely unpleasant persons I've ever seen.

8 years ago

Lmao what a complete ass.

8 years ago

OMFG!! How does.... Wow.... I can't believe I get more and more astonished by his madness and ignorance... o.o

8 years ago

I read a couple of other similar threads made my him and noticed that just like in that one (last post in the thread) a private profile popped in, gave him support and also said they were going to report the "trolls".

I don't know if it's him under an alternative name or one of his minions, but the chances of being genuinely concerned and unconnected people are slim to none.

8 years ago

O.O Whaaatttttt?!?! I still can't believe how he acts... Dude needs help... Seriously :/

8 years ago

He did that? He really reported helpful people, not spamming AT ALL?

I know what it is to be admin and would I have been on that forum, I wouldn't have accepted that.

8 years ago

Wow. That… wow. Attention whoring is not an appropriate term any more.

8 years ago

lmao, he is a true sociopathic narcissist from what I can see... he shows the same delusional selfcentered bullshit as my ex, nothing in the world matters, it's just him and the rest will bow before him. He's way beyond help.

8 years ago

Thanks, i have leave all those groups.

8 years ago

Look who's one of the admins there:
WorldWideCommunityGamerZ
Have More Friends

8 years ago

lmao all the schemes he pull off its unreal :D

8 years ago

Wrong place to comment, but why did you block me? I can't seem to get through to you any other way. Could you at least give me a reason?

8 years ago

Dear DuckTard,

pls gib keys and I give you support in your cause and fight for truth to be revealed

Alzo maybe I drop a like on your "statement" and tell you was right if you unlock comentaries.

Best regrds,

DavidSarif

8 years ago

2 days has passed, he not response! we not working with him no more!

8 years ago

This is very unprofessionnell !

8 years ago

they did not repsonse! it's just reddit and their small twitter account.

8 years ago

Volvo too busy for TI though :$

8 years ago

The rules of internet karma.

• Repeatedly tell people they have no friends / In reality karma makes sure you have no friends.
  • Repeatedly threaten to report people / In reality karma makes sure you get reported again and again.
  • Use force and bullying tactics to grow your business / In reality karma limits your future business opportunities.
  • Repeatedly state that people will get what they deserve / In reality karma makes sure you get what you deserve.

Does this event prove that karma does exist or is it just all a coincidence?

8 years ago*

+1 rofl

8 years ago

Couldn't agree more! xD

8 years ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166436433&postcount=146

a log that has someone warning DuckHead about the storm that's started off and how it took down WGN and it'll happen to them. Ducky's response? "lol it's just reddit and their small twitter account"

He does not know the internet well.

8 years ago

Yeah, I was laughing aswell when I saw that! You know nothing, DuckHead. ;>

8 years ago

!-)

View attached image.
8 years ago

Added a lot of stuff to the OP.
Wonder when Valve will do something about this situation.

8 years ago

They are apparently investigating, I'd like to know Steamgifts policy on this because he is still able to do giveaways here o_O

I entered some but noticed they were his so I removed my entries.

8 years ago

I think that'll be taken care of.

8 years ago*

Well, if you didn't see the comment in the reddit page, a valve mod has already reported this so Steam. IIRC it's like the first comment chain or something.

8 years ago

Don't know if it was SG's doing or he ragequit, but his 10 key GamersGoMakers giveaway vanished after I linked this thread in the comments.

8 years ago

It probably means he blacklisted you which means you wouldn't be able to see the giveaway anymore without the link.
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/ZcfXS/gamersgomakers

8 years ago

...or because it ended.

8 years ago

It wasn't over when he posted though

8 years ago

Bizarre. No, I can still view all of his giveaways. Now I see it in his ended list. Internet hiccup is all I can think now.
EDIT: I can still enter his giveaways, too.

8 years ago*

I read that too, perhaps he's confused and thinks -68 is a good thing o_O

8 years ago

Perhaps he is just that retarded.

8 years ago

He's definitely retarded, lol.

8 years ago

All those cringeworthy ;) faces after each ridiculous statement / threat...

8 years ago

So. Minor point. Don't call us his "Flock", thank you. We've already been through enough as it is, without you tarring us with the same brush that's being used on Salz. None of us who are trying to sort out a future from this mess ever expected to be in this position, nor did we really expect to wake up to this kind of inferno.

You want to bury Salz, go right ahead, but don't throw us under the bus with him. None of us deserve that, some genuinely good people got put through the wringer, and I've already had enough late nights without you pulling a Fox News.

mutters and heads off to bed

8 years ago

By flock I mean the people who blindly follow him, and still do. The people who can obviously see what's going on aren't flock. I'm sorry, I should have been a little more clear on that. I've edited the post. Alot of the people who were in that group are friends also.

No one has to bury him. he's already done it to himself. xD

8 years ago*

and sadly thing is , that people will still follow him for a hand of bundle games, and they dont care what is he like, as long they can get something from it. You cant remove cancer from community sadly :)

8 years ago

8 years ago

It's the gift that just keeps on giving, and giving, and giving, and giving...

Gods.

8 years ago

http://prntscr.com/7dq1nl

Just in case any of it gets deleted.

http://prntscr.com/7dq9hl
http://prntscr.com/7dq9kw

His replies to some comments.

8 years ago*

Good idea, should have kept a log handy.

Thanks for taking screens.

8 years ago

Seems he has deleted all his recent posts asking for more games to hide the fact he is still trying to get games from developers despite the circumstances.

8 years ago

You know most people following a situation like this, try to distance themselves and lay low. He shot himself in the foot and amazingly, his idea of damage control is equivalent to shooting himself in the other foot.

8 years ago

With a shotgun

8 years ago

double barrel, sawed off

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

That duck is fucking gone, beyond salvation, and he still have the gut try to do damage control ? i suprise, 99% of people will lay low, change their name...etc to wait until it gone,

He a god damn hardcore one

8 years ago

Maybe he's just too stupid to even understand the situation.

8 years ago

otousama, you are correct.

8 years ago

Not sure if it's been spoken about yet, but apparently the greenlight developers he was doing PR for have dropped him as a member of the team, very shortly after things went viral, causing him to lose his prized Steam Dev badge.

8 years ago

I didn't even know good stuff.

8 years ago

ROFL.

This is so funny I have to do it a few more times...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

8 years ago

Yeah, I noticed that too yesterday or the day before, before he even made his account private^^

8 years ago

BOOM HEADSHOT

Owned.

8 years ago

Hahahahahahahaha

8 years ago

1. SlipShot, work more for your own group network instant of posting against a competition network. Then you do not need to post here to make us bad just because we cancel our partnership with opium pulse. This does not look good for you. Just for info..

2. Of course they deleted me. I personally accepted it. We just do not want to get the game in danger;) . Simple.

8 years ago*

Although I've never seen the original network as competition (especially not now), you do make some fair points. So this will be my last post offering further information or evidence against you. I think SC, SG, and Valve have seen enough to know what sort of person you are and can make their judgments based on that.

8 years ago

Does anyone know why "Mr. Duck" has been banned on SC ? I mean for what reason exactly ? I ask because he create new GA's right now here on SG. Busi­ness as usu­al ?

8 years ago

Regarding SteamGifts, I hear cg is not fond of banning people.

8 years ago

But that would be urgently needed here :) Many people here have already posted evidence of his lies and if I read it right,Valve has also been notified of this fraud.Threaten,extortion...is still not enough to stop this guy ?

8 years ago

CG would ban him if he violated any SG rules, which from everything I've seen he hasn't. The only potential issue would be if he considers the keys to be exploited or not and there's no proof that they are.

8 years ago

Many people = some ex trial mods or 1 ex admin troll +2 friends of them !? lol... Nothing as some hot air. ;)
The thread starter post so much comments every day. Everyone should easily see that he has alot of hate because we banned him and he lost his trialcurator mod position.

8 years ago

Well Salz, it's very clear now that there is something very wrong with you. I don't know what is is and if it's a mental issue, personality disorder, delusions, or something as simple as the language barrier, but there is definitely something wrong with you. I say this out of concern, not hate or anger. By the way I was never mad or angry with you or your group. I just decided to stop putting up with your group practices and left of my own accord. I just left.

I didn't spam you or your group with hateful comments or messages. I simply left and didn't look back. Nothing more. I put you out of my mind and moved on. I honestly forgot you existed until a friend of mine posted on his activity feed about how he was dealing with some abuse from members of your group.

After the developer outed you on Twitter I thought it best to warn others about your mode of operations and more people just came forward (ON THEIR OWN, I MIGHT ADD) to corroborate all claims that have been made so far.

None of this is hot air. Screenshots, chat logs, emails, etc, are all solid concrete proof of your behavior, attitude, and actions. How you can dismiss them is beyond me. I honestly feel sorry for you at this point. There is no way you can see yourself coming out on top of this situation. It simply isn't possible. You've said too much to confirm all the evidence against you. You acted in a childish manner, you threatened/blackmailed a developer. How do we know you haven't done this to any other devs? This is just the first guy to come forward. What if there are more? Do you not understand why people are upset with you?

View attached image.
8 years ago

Yes, i know.. a lot of people wrote: do not feed the trolls.

Nerdhouse, maybe you should look at your own screenshots. They are just hot air. Just 1 example: I can not change a review if i do not own the game, lol. I added to the curation "they did not responsed us but the game is still good" that's it. lol. And the other screenshots did you ever looekd at them? lool.

"I didn't spam you or your group with hateful comments or messages. I simply left and didn't look back. Nothing more. I put you out of my mind and moved on. I honestly forgot you existed until a friend of mine posted on his activity feed about how he was dealing with some abuse from members of your group. "

Since months! you pm people about us, and posting threads like this and you watch them the whole day and you use your whole day to give your full hate to us xD. Wow. Your life must be very exiting. Everyone can see it. Get a life.. I must be very important for you xD ... but i won't marry you and i won't whitelist you, and you will not come back as curator accept it and look forward ;)

What ever this will be my last response to you. I do not help you with my attention.

8 years ago

You need help. I strongly recommend you go find some.
You seem to be suffering from delusions. It doesn't matter that you didn't have the game or not or didn't change any reviews. Nothing changes the fact that you threatened the guy.

Reducing yourself to petty insults about people's lives just make you look SO much better, doesn't it?
I'll have you know that I have a full-time job (a real one), I own a house (Own, not rent), I own 2 vehicles (again, own, not rent or paying on), and I am married with 2 children on the way.

I'm also done with you. I sincerely wish you good luck in recovering your reputation, but I honestly don't see that happening.

8 years ago*

i got temp banned from steamcompanion because the same people like in this thread spammed the mods and admins with some hot air.
And they did it multiple days. So they decided to ban me. But i have send an appeal. Because i never violating any steamrules or steamcomp rules. I allready wrote to them and i am sure to get unbanned. Because they got not the full information from both sides and not all screenshots but they have it now. Otherwise i would be banned for 1 mistake. Just 1 of all these storys is truth. And if i would get banned from steamcompanion because of a small "cutted email" outside of them it would be a very bad reputation for them. So just be patient.

And sorry for my english. I am german. Otherwise it would also easier to defend me. :)

8 years ago*

You are the gift that never stops giving. Up and coming lolcow here folks.

8 years ago

"small email"
"bad reputation for them"

Yeaahhh.. ok

8 years ago

thx for your reply,AngryErpel.

Apart from your personal "Hater" List please answer honestly "Do you regret anything that you have done in the past ?"

8 years ago

The thing is though, you really should not try to "defend yourself" against accusations like these, it will just backfire. The best way of doing it is to admit doing something wrong, then take a step back and just wait for it to blow over. Trying to shift the blame (saying that the bad thing you did was done because you were angry at the other person because of what they did is shifting the blame) just makes it look like you don't actually realize what bad thing you've done or like you don't want to take responsibility for your actions. Doing that has killed careers for people with smaller part of the blame than you. And currently the Streisand effect is in full swing, the more you try to damage control, the more people are looking into what you've done, and that in the end harms you, and it harms people affiliated with your groups.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Mhh...but that leads me back to my first question.SC ban certainly not people just for fun.

8 years ago

Why would it matter? They have their reasons and decided not to contribute to the drama by advertising personal details.

8 years ago

This is becoming a Gamergate 2.0 at this point

8 years ago

We'd all have better luck getting a cactus to fly to the moon than to talk sense into this guy. I'm done wasting my time with him and his delusions/shenanigans. Valve will see all of the evidence and do the right thing.

I'm done with this thread.
I'm going to leave it open though, so feel free to post anything you find or bump it.

8 years ago*

I second that, thanks so much for having the balls to kickstart this all off after the dev tweet went out. This was such a long time coming and I know a lot of personally affected peopled are just glad that it finally came to light for all to see.

8 years ago

Bump, obviously : )

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

For the right reason's, obviously.

8 years ago

Thanks for the thread though, I may have missed the fact I was in one of those groups if not for this.

I'd like something to happen though because he isn't getting the message and it just seems like it's going to keep happening in future and it's not going to change the way he does things in future. He's still going to get keys from devs to do a positive review that he doesn't do.

8 years ago

Bump

8 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Khalaq.