Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

Granblue fantasy

3 years ago

Thank you for joining us! :)

3 years ago

Good Luck on your Quest Graduation! ~_^
keep us updated on your progresses ;)

..I think I'll go with Cyberpunk 2077

3 years ago

I will for sure, as soon as I make some :D Thank you for joining! :)

3 years ago

Good luck on your Master's degree!

My pick is Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition

3 years ago

3 years ago

Good luck!

I pick Cyberpunk 2077

3 years ago

Thank you for joining! :)

3 years ago

Hello! I think that you have a long way ahead. I wish you to make every step in the right direction and to gain some progress at each exam. Good luck with your studies!
If the help that you do seek is simply a name of the game, let it be "X4: Foundations". I'm a huge fan of X Universe games (played a lot before joining Steam in fact), but I don't think I would buy it before your graduation (and not because of hope to win your GA =) ).

3 years ago

Thank you for the beautiful words :) Why you wouldn't think?

3 years ago

X-Universe games are too deep and require thousands of hours of playing time to "complete" (and it's simulation of freedom in the space - no endgame, no limits, huge number of things to do that you can invent for yourself). At least for me and many other fans of the series. Couldn't spend so much time in the near future with my PC instead of with my family =) Maybe sometimes...
X3: Terran Conflict was an ideal game for me for years.

3 years ago

Really? I need to take a look of it...it seems a beautiful game as you dipict it...I'll take a look :)

3 years ago

Good luck!
I would pick Red Dead Redemption 2 if possible :)

3 years ago

All depends on your luck :D Thank you for joining us! :)

3 years ago

Well, atm I am at -3 luck on SG but it was even worse before :D

3 years ago

Aww, don't mind SG luck :D it lies..the reality is always worst :D

3 years ago

wish you best of luck!
my pick would be God of War

3 years ago*

3 years ago

I will go with HUMANKIND™

anyway best of luck

3 years ago

3 years ago

Congratulations on your graduation in advance!
Wish you three thousand.

I will choose Cyberpunk 2077

3 years ago

3 years ago

In culo alla balena! I have been there (not the whale's rear hole, I mean the master's degree haha) and it was a journey with its ups and downs but at the end it felt so rewarding to see all the time and efforts spent bear fruit.

I don't feel like participating to the giveaway - as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, college students already pay a lot for their studies and you deserve to reward yourself instead. But I wanted to give you some positive energy and well wishes, you can do this!

3 years ago

Thank you for your beautiful words and sorry for the super late answer.
I just used this message and the two below to remind me I have to update my status. Winter examination has been started and last months have been full of stuff to do!
You don't have to worry about expenditures due to university. I use to work here and there to make some money, of course I wouldn't do something I couldn't afford in principle! So please, feel free to join us!

3 years ago

You are incredibly kind, and since I was taught that refusing a kind offer too many times just to avoid imposing on another person ends up being a little impolite I will join :)

My choice is the latest entry from one of my favorite series, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - not yet released but should be later this year. If for some reason it will still be unreleased after your graduation and I end up being the lucky one from your raffle I will go for Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring, the only other game I'm still missing.

PS: congratulations for the two recently passed exams!

3 years ago

I'm glad to let you join us! :) Yeah,thank you, I completed both in the same day...but got the results for the second some days later. They have been quite busy months :D
I played Sherlock Holmes the devil's daughter on PS4 and was really engaging! :)

3 years ago

Good luck! I'm working on my thesis now for my phd, so I know the struggle. :D

I'd choose Borderlands 3.

3 years ago

That's amazing! How is going?
Sorry for the late answer but I used your message (and other 2) to remind my duty :)
I will update the status as soon as I have some time, but I definitely imporved the current situation!

3 years ago

Best wishes and luck for your graduation thesis/exams/whatever, really. And many thanks for your generosity in these times, which I guess are so hard for you. I left studies too young and it's one of my biggest regrets of my life.

My choice, NITE Team 4.

3 years ago

Sorry for the late answer :)
Well, looking at how are actually going my exames and how the people reacted to this thread, I will probably change the rules of the game... I would like to add extra winners if my final mark reaches a certain level...Let's see how it goes :)
It's sad to hear your regrets man...I'm lucky since I had/have parents who pushed me into education and promoted my personal growth...credits to them!

3 years ago

Indeed a bit late, I already got NITE Team 4 ^_^ But I guess you were busy doing stuff like, studying, you know lol

However I'm glad that, for the tone of your message and subtle clues, you're doing good. Keep on it! Magna Cum Laude (and not the LSL one) is waiting for you!

Changing my choice to RimWorld.

3 years ago

Woah you were so fast in picking your whishlist game :D As you know changing is more than allowed! I'm thinkg to create a public non-modifable sheet to collect all people's choices...This should facilitate me (and you guys) to keep track of everything!

3 years ago

Well I was around reading answers to my topic about a scam: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/pfTRB/new-scam-trending-up-on-steam-beware

And very recently someone asked what game is on your wishlish for longest: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/QdeuQ/what-game-is-on-your-wishlist-for-longest-and-you-have-not-purchased-and-why/search?page=2#SInC1Gz

My answers were Factorio and RimWorld. I just chose RimWorld in a whim, I could have tossed a coin, both are about my most wanted for the longest time.

3 years ago

Never heard about that scam...10 years on steam are pretty useful :D Just ignore and block every wierd message or comment that pop-ups on my profile :)
Yeah, I take into consideration that people may change the game to choose a newer one or just buy it by theirself...it would just foolish limitate the game to the first pick...and incredibly sad :D

3 years ago

All the best for your graduation.💪✍️🎓
My pick is red dead Redemption 2

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Best of luck for your thesis!

I have edited my wish.

3 years ago*

Please not just for the thesis but for the whole journey! :D

3 years ago

Will you tell us how our choice helped you once this GA is over?
The only thing i did with games around my thesis was to escape from my thesis.

Either way really nice of you for doing this.

3 years ago

Well, it doesn't help at all :D
Thank you! :)

3 years ago

NieR Replicant
Good luck!

3 years ago

3 years ago

I go with Mortal Kombat 12 Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

EDIT: its not gonna release soon so I've forced to change my mind. My new pick is Star Wars Jedi Survivor.

3 years ago*

I will follow your hint ;) Thank you for joining! :)

3 years ago

Hello there, as you can see time changes people. I've changed a lot so I picked a different game that did not released yet.

time is fast don't race with it

2 years ago

I'm glad to see you around after 9 months! Sure, feel free to change again your pick every time you prefer :) It is perfectly in line with thread rules. :)

2 years ago

My pick is "DRAGON QUEST HEROES II"

And best wishes for your graduation. ^^

3 years ago

3 years ago

Good luck and bloon tower defense 6(if not then vampyr)

3 years ago

You can choose the one you prefer :D If you win I will buy your pick on demand.

3 years ago

Good luck! I'll go with Red dead redemption 2, if possible.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Good luck!
My pick is Octopath Traveler

3 years ago

3 years ago

Best of luck with your thesis! I know you'll do great!
My pick is Disco Elysium. Thank you!

3 years ago

Well, there is a lot of work before thesis :D Anyway thank you for joining! :)

3 years ago

Wow, it's been 9 months. I have gotten Disco Elysium but my dad is really obsessed with the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and I'd love to play it as well! 🙃 Thank you and good luck with all your exams!

2 years ago

Glad to see you after 9 months! :) You see, there is the chance that people purchase their wanted games, and this is why I allow changing the pick :)

2 years ago

Thank you! It seems like you've doubled your credits from then! Congrats! In the meantime, I have graduated high school and am on the credits grind at college.

2 years ago

Oh, nice! How is going your journey?

2 years ago

Good. Declared a dual major and now am looking at the option of transferring closer to home lol.

2 years ago

Any news about it? :P

1 year ago

Didn't get in, but I'm also happy at the school I'm at. So bittersweet ig?

1 year ago

Well, one win and one lose I see :)

1 year ago

Found my old comment! If I'm able to enter for a non-steam game, I'd love the new Legend of Zelda game coming out next month. Played the first for so long and just need a few more kurok seeds to 100% it.

If you'd prefer steam, I'd love to enter for "The Last of Us Part 1". I have been planning on playing the game before watching the show but I didn't realize it wasn't on PC.

1 year ago

I try to stay on steam picks cause they are easier for me to buy :)

11 months ago

Good luck with your education!
I would like Yakuza: Like a Dragon. thanks!

3 years ago

3 years ago

Changing my pick now that yakuza like a dragon is being added to pc game pass, Instead could I do Dying Light: Platinum?

2 years ago

Sure, you can still change:
8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?
Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

I will start to write down every (yeah every) entry...I will make a spreadsheet as soon as I find some time :D

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Thank you mate! :) Feel free to join the giveaway and select your pick!

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Welcome in the giveaway :)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Good luck in the master's degree! you will win this battle!!
I pick Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy

3 years ago

Thank you for joining us! :) Step by step everything can be done!

3 years ago

Reading the questions that were asked to you and your answers are the best part of this topic. I won't wish you good luck as studies aren't about that, instead I want to praise your hard work, knowing it will be rewarded and it's more valuable than any luck.

If I had to pick a game I would select Horizon Zero Dawn.

I hope you'll update your thread with a lot of good news, take care of yourself ,)

3 years ago

Really appreciate your comment and also your originality :D
I hope to update this thread quite often too :)

3 years ago

I'm often bothered by people associating luck or being gifted to someone success, it's like erasing all the work behind the result. You often hear that about artists, liked they were born with the ability to draw people while they spent years to work on it. That's why I always prefer praising the work and admiring people who didn't let go and continued to work hard no matter the situation, especially this past year and a half with Covid. I do hope that your hard work will land you the work you want and that's the only place where you may need a little of luck, but be proud of your hard work no matter what, not everybody can achieve what you did.

3 years ago*

There are no words to explain how I appreciate your message. I hope I will be able to achieve the final result...

3 years ago

It's really important for you to know (I don't know how old you are) is that over years, what you will remember isn't necessarily how you accomplished something and how it worked or not, but how much you tried for it to work. The most important thing is to do your best so you don't have any regrets, in 10 years if you look back, whether it worked or not, you need to have done enough for you to think, "It didn't work, but I did try enough, no regret" if it ever fails. Living a life without regrets, by doing the necessary for everything you wish to achieve is more important than the result, trust me on that one.

3 years ago

Sorry for the late answer, but I try to avoid this thread during lectures' preiod and just update it as soon as I recive the grade of an exam. I'm perfectly in line with your thought and I'm trying my best to accomplish my targets. It's quite hard for me to not compare myself with others but at the very end, what really matter is how we feel with ourselves. I hope I can improve this side of my character because I find it quite difficult.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.