Recently got an email of STEAM, for "Life is Strange" - Episode 1 that it's a FREE.

Check it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/Life_is_Strange__Episode_1/

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

As I understand the mail, it's not going to be FREE anymore. From 15.01.2018.:
https://imgur.com/vQBlIWA

So, grab it while it lasts. ;)

6 years ago

sale ends 15.01, ep 1 remain free

6 years ago

Yup, you're right. It's the same across platforms and with the Telltale games too. First episode free and you buy the season pass if you want to.

6 years ago

I'm sure the time tag refers to the ongoing sale (which is the complete bundle of episodes -75% at 5€).

6 years ago

Nah, it's free forever, but the whole series is on sale these days so it looks like that.

6 years ago

As I understand

For that, you can blame Valve for their continual refusal to update elements of their service to function more coherently.

Any time something goes on sale, it uses the top-level (ie, most heavily discounted) item on that listing's store page.
(This is tied to the same reason individual daedalic games pick up the CV of daedalic packages during sales.)
It also typically attempts to reference the title of that store page, rather than of the specific item on sale.

What that image says- and you can tell by the 75% off at the bottom- is that there's currently a 75% off sale on [the associated store page for Life is Strange Episode 1], a page which has the title [Life is Strange Episode 1] rather than [Life is Strange] (So you can actually blame the publisher a bit for that as well). The sale prompt then takes the top level listing, assuming that's what's being referenced, and notes its price- which happens to be free.

Basically, it's just a hot mess of presentation, but it actually doesn't have anything to do with Episode 1 at all.

6 years ago

(PS: If you feel this thread is no longer necessary, you can close it by clicking the green 'Open' in the top right corner. I mean, I'm all in favor of promoting LiS and its sales, but 75% is the standard discount for it, so it's not really much of a deal in that regard.)

6 years ago

Thanks, will do. ;)

6 years ago

!addlicense asf 116338

6 years ago

before free on steam, its already free on squareenix and amazon (episode 1), and 1 or 2 month later free on steam (episode 1).

6 years ago

Like mentioned before its been free for a while on steam. Since July 26 2016 :)

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by KLiKzg.