Blizzard has announced Diablo 4 with a dark cinematic and also a gameplay trailer. Looks like a proper Diablo game.

Also announced the new World of Warcraft expansion Shadowlands with cinematic and features overviewy.

Overwatch 2 announced with a pretty cinematic

Hearthstone's next expansion is Descent of Dragons. here's the cinematic.

Here's the whole opening ceremony.

Edit:
According to PCGamer, Diablo 4 has an online 'shared open world' and a non-linear campaign. Hope that online part doesn't transform it into an MMO.

Edit 2:
Another PCGamer article points out that "Diablo 4 will not have an offline mode, and the game is 'not coming anytime soon"

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i'm pretty excited for Diablo 4,i liked both trailers ,it looks much darker than D3 and much more like D2,which was my favorite.i don't really care about other Blizzard games.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

New Diablo? Does that mean we'll stop boycotting Blizzard now? :P
I mean, if you're going to compromise on human rights, a game about demon lords corrupting humanity seems like the way to go.

Either way, the graphics in that trailer look pretty sumptuous.

4 years ago

At least they can count past 1 with Diablo.
WoW is just a blatant cash grab by now.

4 years ago

At least they can count past 1 with Diablo.

View attached image.
4 years ago

most of wow revenues are from microtransactions. the audience is basically sheep consummers that don't question anything and just throw money at anything that is shown to them

4 years ago

warcraft 2. warcraft 3.
starcraft 2
diablo 2. diablo 3. 'overwatch 2'

as far as i know the only games not counting past 1 is wow and hearthstone.

4 years ago

so is this wow expansion for the vanilla wow every1 just bought.

4 years ago

no and most likely classic zones will end up in "normal" wow

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

I agree.

Btw i always enjoyed D1 way more then D2. When i finally got my hands in D2 i liked lots of things about it, but it felt more generic and longer for the sake of being longer, and all the different biomes failed to speak 'its diablo' to me. I think i got too much stuck in d1s atmosphere then the gameplay. The gameplay afterall was quickly copied by many, so today the gameplay matters even less then when d2 was big- now more then ever that d1 atmosphere is the most iconic thing they have. Sadly they seem to be going full d2

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I'm curious if people will stage some kind of protest there.

4 years ago

Hmph. There’s two things that could have excited me—a new Starcraft campaign, or Lost Vikings 3. As neither of these has been announced, I shall go back to ignoring Blizzard again.

edit: I lie. More REAL Warcraft—none of this MMO and certainly not the remaster—would actually be pretty sweet too.

4 years ago

Tuned in for Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 and Warcraft 4. Obviously wasn't expecting all 3 to be announced at the same Blizzcon. The online stuff still got some good cinematics.

4 years ago

Diablo is possibly my favorite game franchise so... I wouldn't mind a new game, as long as it's better than D3 was. I'm just not going to buy it on release.

4 years ago

D4 looks nice, pretty hype-worthy. Time will tell.

4 years ago

isn't this trailer gameplay of D4 pretty similar to the mobile phone game????
i mean even D2 skills was better and more visual than this D4..... they show only 2 characters (mage and barbarian?? well or druid because he transform in a bear...)

the full gameplay looks a lot as a mobile phone, a few monsters groups even more little than D2 group of monsters, and one of the boss it's really similar to Duriel from D2 for the god sake that monster have the same animation of Duriel..... but with really nice graphics.

the camera it's too close.. feels like a 800x600 resolution.... so we can expect 0 long range skills or chain skills

to the good side, the graphics are really cool for a trailer, but for what i saw the game only have graphics and cinematics, the content they show to us it's ridiculous.

4 years ago

noticed the same thing with the camera. to me it looks like the same as diablo 3 but with grimmer colors filter and camera slightly zoomed in

4 years ago

what i saw in that two videos instead of make me hype it's the opposite... i expect being a ultra good graphics game and cinematics with shit content, another moneygrab game using the diablo franchise.

we will see in the future with more videos and more info... i hope to be wrong.....

4 years ago

i think they will sort of abandon 3 in favor of 4 and get people to migrate to 4 with their usual tricks such as promotions, decreasing the quality of [old] in purpose to get people to move to [new], giving all attention to 4 while ostracizing 3 to deter players from playing/staying on 3 with the threat of being left behind "alone". or maybe "tie" 3 and 4 together, again with eases to access 3 (promotions, packages, crossplay maybe) to passively assure it a minimal population and attention all while basically serving as an ad for 4 (a bit like wow "classic" vs "retail")

4 years ago

this is diablo game... they will not need do that.. the first day of d4 d3 will die instantly.

i bet you don't played D1 or D2, not offense what you said it's really really blizzard identity but anyone who played the real diablo games.... well... should know it.. just remember the people that went to the blizz thing where the guy said "is this a april fool??
a huge % of blizzard players are hardcore game players just to make you know ^^

4 years ago

I noticed the camera too- but im sure its a trailer thing.

First the game is far from ready, so a lot can change.
But that camera is too close even by modern blizzard standards... thats not the game camera, believe me; Its the engine allowing different levels of zoom, and a closer look looking much better on a reveal trailer

4 years ago

oh yes, diablo 4, ready to preorder. 💟

4 years ago

Who asked for Overwatch 2 lol, maybe they should focus on fixing the first game

4 years ago

Pretty rad cinematics, good Blizzard quality stuff.
And finally the Diablo I've always wanted, looks good so far.

4 years ago

I sincerely hope that D4 will go back to its fantastic ARPG roots instead of being converted into another Blizzard eSport due to poor endgame planning.

4 years ago

So Diablo is now becoming a Path of Exile clone instead of the other way around? :P

4 years ago

Hmm, not sure how I'm gonna play D4 now that I've deleted my Blizzard account =/

4 years ago

So you deleted your account because Blizzard took a stab against participant-political-statements during a mayor live tournament event? If they let that slide.. it would be chaos.
Imagine every player being able to treat that live-feed like a personal "the world is unfair" video-blog.

At least they don't go after, and penalize, participant's personal time and social media, like many other organizers trying to cover their behinds.

This whole thing is absolutely blown out of proportion.

4 years ago*

No, I deleted my account because Blizzard kowtowed to Chinese authoritarian censorship, silencing their players to get that sweet yuan. Letting players express themselves freely would be chaos? It's worked fine for years until now.

I'm not saying there can't be any rules, but their decision was excessive and contrary to the fundamentals of basic human rights. If you think the Hong Kong protesters are just whiny children who think the world is unfair, you're living in a different reality.

I don't think this is blown out of proportion at all, and I for one will be putting my money where my mouth is and supporting game companies who are taking a stand against censorship such as the ones listed on GamersForFreedom.com.

4 years ago

Blizzard kowtowed to Chinese authoritarian censorship, silencing their players to get that sweet yuan.

If you think the Hong Kong protesters are just whiny children who think the world is unfair, you're living in a different reality.

You misunderstand... both me and the reality of the situation.
But wtr.. I'm not here to change your mind. I just can't believe what's being said... by many 😕

View attached image.
4 years ago*

What am I misunderstanding? Not saying you have to change my mind, but I'd like to at least know where you're coming from.

4 years ago

Dont trust china, china is ASSHOLE!!!

View attached image.
View attached image.
4 years ago

You are now banned from entering China

4 years ago

my internal organs are happy about this

4 years ago

We must to admit that Activision Blizz knows how to make some amazing cinematics, about making games .... im not so sure.

4 years ago

i can watch a TV film with similar "cinematics" i prefer good content.... than hiper mega ultra gozu graphics on cinematics or the game.

don't get me wrong i also want good graphics we are on 2019.....

4 years ago

Just what I wanted to say. I love their cinematics... But then: online only.. I love to die by lag in my sp campaign.

4 years ago

yet the warcraft movie failed. guess they can't do good writing for anything over 5min

4 years ago

Looking forward to D4 🤗

4 years ago

Wow, this is almost good enough to make me forget that i boycott them for supporting China's human rights violations.

4 years ago

Way to stick to your guns!

also... They never supported any thing of the sort.

4 years ago

Boycott
ps: admitting that ive never been a fan of blizzard games anyway

4 years ago*

Overwatch: Mann vs. Machine

4 years ago

A non-apology and a few announcements and everyone forgives them. Doesn't matter that Blitzchung and the two casters are still banned.

4 years ago

Sigh, yet another "online only" diablo pc game. Why I refunded Diablo 3.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.