8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

yes

8 years ago

There are also some vanilla achievements which can't be achieved on the vanilla game without the DLC. Like the golden age one on Civ 5... I needed BNW to complete it.

8 years ago

Thing is though, as long as you buy it on sale there is a $10 difference tops (I am using Australian dollars, not sure about american), I have seen it as little as a $3 difference. Anyway, BNW adds quite a bit to the game and you'd be silly NOT to get it ;)

Edit: I just checked and the not on sale difference is only $10.

8 years ago

Yeah, but a lot of games make it annoying if you've already bought the base game. The individual cost of the DLC on sale is often more than the base+DLC. I have BNW myself because I got Complete to add onto my V soon after release due to an in-store pricing error, but I can perfectly understand someone not buying it. Same goes for Bethesda DLCs- I'd like the Skyrim and Dishonored expansions, but it would cost me more to buy them individually during steam sales than to just rebuy the GOTY editions of the games. Same goes for Fallout games, often Bioshock Infinite. etc etc.

8 years ago

I got the Gold Edition of Civ 5, which doesn't include 2 maps and BNW. I had to pay 10 euros for BNW. It fixed A LOT of achievements though, it was worth it.
The Skyrim DLCs are not worth if you already started the game. They're great when playing from a new game, but if you are already immersed, just wait for the immersion to finish and buy the rest of the DLCs and start a new game. I played the pirated version without DLCs, I was too lazy to add them, but it is way easier with Steam. I even had my saves from the pirated version cloud saved, that was funny.

8 years ago

I am not an achievment hunter, but that does seem ridicuolous.

8 years ago

"looking at PAYDAY 2 " nah, not annoyed

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+2

8 years ago

This war of mine has a really cool achievement for buying their charity dlc

8 years ago

If only more games and achievements like this one. I didn't know that but i will get game now because of this DLC.

8 years ago

I'm actually not annoyed at all, but then again I'm not an achievement hunter. If DLC are totally worth it (Skyrim's DLC for example) then I wouldn't be angry since those DLC expand on the story and add several other things.

If a dev releases 24 one mission DLC's at 5.99 each and 1 achievement per mission, THEN I would be slightly annoyed I guess.

8 years ago

Don't give them ideas!

8 years ago

Yes

8 years ago

yes! (make a POLL!)

8 years ago

Nope, dont care about achivements ^^

8 years ago

I'm not a fan of DLCs so when they add new achievements on a game that I 100%'d, it sucks. There is also an indie game that I heard was easy to 100%. I had no idea it had achievements until I had 3-4 achievements left and couldn't get them without buying the DLC.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

Of course.

8 years ago

DLC achievements nope. However dead multiplayer achievements yes, very annoying...

8 years ago

This is so true, your hitting the nails not the wood :-)

8 years ago

Especially in a primarily singleplayer game.

8 years ago

These and some others like local co-op only achievements or like in pacman, achievements for sharing things on social media

8 years ago

Mostly on PS3; but I find but acheivements for multiplayer modes on games that are older and pretty much dead are the worst.

8 years ago

Well, if you are talking about steam then you wouldn't have any DLC achievements as all achievements are tied to base game and don't just add after the DLC purchase.

8 years ago

There are several Steam games that have achievements you can only get if you have one or more of the DLC...

8 years ago

Don't think you got my point, yes there are those game, in fact those are most game that have Steam Achievements and DLCs, and it is because steam achievements are tied to base game not to DLCs, so if you want to have DLC achievements you have to display them in base game.

8 years ago

Okay, I think I get what you mean now, but I don't see what point you're getting at in reference to liking/not liking having to get a DLC if you want to truly get 100% achievements in some games?

8 years ago

So you prefer having less achievements, but being able to do them with just base game? I don't really get '100%-ing achievements', but I think that if someone is into this thing it is better to have those DLCs achievements than not having them at all.

8 years ago

I don't think that's exactly what the OP was getting at, and in all honesty some DLCs are not worth getting whether they have achievements or not.

For people who do want to 100% a game, if they can't afford/don't think the DLC is helpful, it is as the OP mentioned, annoying that you can't have the game "100%-ed". I'm not saying everyone agrees with this and I'm not saying they should make the game smaller by not having that DLC (unless of course they include it in the base game for everyone/it's free).

That being said, I do agree that some more annoying ones are the ones that require a lot more time in MP when the MP is dead, or that require you to publish a map/level/etc to their workshop and such.

8 years ago

The thing is you cant get all achivements since you're probably missing the dlc they are tied to. Maybe you need to play a specific map for a achivement or use a special item, but those maps/items only come from DLC.

8 years ago

There are too many games that have achievements that require dlc, have multiplayer achievements when the multiplayer servers no longer exist or insanely ridiculous grindy achievements that can literally take months/years to get. I enjoy getting 100% achievements in games, but sadly so many of them are made poorly. One example of a possible, but annoying one is killing 5,000 zombies at the main menu. It takes 1 hour 45 mins roughly to get. The catch, there is no way to pause it and if you die, you start over.

8 years ago

out of curiosity, what's the game's name? sounds like something i won't ever try to 100% anytime soon...

8 years ago

Sounds like Pixel Puzzles: Undeadz

8 years ago

That's the one. The achievement is just time consuming, but it is possible. A simple pause button would make all the different but despite a lot of people requesting it the developers ignored everyone and moved onto releasing their next puzzle game.

8 years ago

A lot of devs moving too fast with their products these days.
Put on a great film, grab a snack and hope you don't mess up.

8 years ago

You forgot about broken achievements. It's a very long list
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/100pAG/discussions/1/828935672459065954/

8 years ago

No, I looking forward to next Civ BE dlc :)

8 years ago

I lost a 100% in a game because of a DLC that's not out yet. :c

8 years ago

yes, especially on 360 :p

That's why I don't bother with them XD

8 years ago

Not really, unless I liked the game, then always.

8 years ago

Not the worst situation, but I'm not the biggest fan of achievements for different difficulty levels and then when i beat the game on the hardest difficulty, the lower difficulty achievements not unlocking :/

8 years ago

Yeah, i hate that, thats why i use SAM in some games.

8 years ago

Yes, very annoyed by that. I'm not a dedicated achievement hunter, but I do like collecting achievements in games that I enjoy.

Also, make a poll! :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Wow that's a thing? I had no idea. Worst thing though, is not being able to finish the game without buying DLC.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.