8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

A game I just got from a bundle has an achievement for playing it during Early Access. No idea if they will keep that achievement when it becomes normal access.

8 years ago

Yeah, achievements that are actually impossible to get now are stupid.

8 years ago

No, DLC achievements aren't that bad. At least you can buy dlc on sale and still get them. The worst kind of achievements are "Kickstarter Backer achievement". If you didn't give them money before game release there is no way you will ever get 100% achievements in game.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

yes, i am annoyed by that, its bad that you must have dlc for 100% achievements

8 years ago

yes

8 years ago

borderlands 1 and 2, skyrim. I think they should do what playstation does it where when you get all the base achievements, you get a platinum trophy or a platinum achievement instead of a perfect game on the stats.

8 years ago

Agreed, the Playstation trophy system is much better and is taken much more seriously. Unfortunately Steam was late to the party and implemented a much more casual system, hence why some games have 400 achievements while others feature none.

8 years ago

Not really, as long as it's a game I enjoy playing, I'll enjoy playing the DLC too. What annoys me more often is buying DLC that doesn't contain any achievements.

8 years ago

There are even more "funnier" achievements.

IMO this link should be checked after checking attached picture: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/0/828937420162851986/

View attached image.
8 years ago

I don't care about achievements but.. kickstarter backer achievement? are you srs? that's such a dick move for achievement hunters.

8 years ago

Yup, it's real (and I have it, even through I didn't used kickstarter - bought it in their store like few days before they released whole game :P ).

And yes, yes it is kinda-dick move.

8 years ago

yes

8 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty annoying

8 years ago

It would be solvable if the base game gave 100% and all the DLC achievements were just put on top of that so that you could get more than 100% achievements for a game.

8 years ago

I'm more annoyed by CoH 2 achievements, fk that...

8 years ago

Indeed. I had to platinum AC3 3 times until I got to keep it for good. First time the base game and Tyranny of King Washington Ep. 1 and 2 more times for Ep. 2 and 3.
Luckily PS4 changed the system so single and multiplayer achievements are listed as seperate games (at least for GTA V). Not sure about DLC yet.

8 years ago

Don't get me started on all that "DLC for multiplayer" Which ends up being dead anyway. I love 100% on games and would rather it be for STORYLINE. I'm Looking at you Max Payne 3.

8 years ago

Getting all DLC? No. Doesn't really bother since I generally get games when the whole game is out anyway.
Forcing to play a zillion multiplayer matches with a mostly single-player focused game? Yes. Very much so.
Although my #1 hated game for all achievements is an SP one, Arkham City. Forcing you to play all the "challenge" maps which are practically the exact same arena with the exact same enemies for three dozen times is boring. Really, really, really boring. And it contributes more than third for a 100% run.

8 years ago

OMG, yes. I first found this out when I got RAGE and completed the game. I looked though the achievements and was so annoyed to find that I had to have the DLC to get a good handful of them. I feel like they should not add those achievements to your list unless you have the DLC. I mean, you wouldn't have a list of achievements you have to get for games you do not own, would you? Ridiculous.

8 years ago

Pillars of Eternity has a Kickstarter achievement. That really sucks.

8 years ago

Yup. And AoE2 has pre-order achievements. And even if you pre-ordered you might missed it, as you had to run game before specific date.

8 years ago

No. I don't pay attention to Achievements at all. I think they run counter to the concept of just enjoying the game. That said, I may be in the minority here. :)

8 years ago

PS4's Trophies kind of fixes it that now by making the Vanilla game and DLC separate Trophy entities. So you can get your Platinum without forking out 100 bucks worth of DLC

8 years ago

who care about achievements...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

8 years ago

I was 'OK' with the Payday 2 Achievements : Got 300/333 achievements so far. But now I think it's becoming really ridiculous. I know I've waited so far to see if this DLC releases will stop one day, but God ... They Won't ! Every DLC release comes with its achievement, and I found it lame to be honest. I'm done with this game anyway.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.