Groupees 2023 3-Game Pack

(This isn't my usual thing and don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
Feel free to replace this with the usual more official looking post.)

Groupees has a decent 3 game bundle for 11 USD that I believe just launched today and has 49 days remaining (49d19h50m).

The games are...

Prison Architect
Super Meat Boy Forever
Exit the Gungeon

I really used to love Groupees an would love to see it bounce back to being a halfway decent bundle site so I figured I'd leave the link here to draw as much attention to it as possible.

Hope some of you out there pick it up.

EDIT : Obligatory GA

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Not a very good deal, only 3 smaller end games for $11

1 year ago

Thought maybe Exit the Gungeon might make it worth it for some people who still don't have the second game in the series.

1 year ago

Maybe, but as someone missing only that, I can get it a bit cheaper than US$11 (though without two extra keys) without a Steam sale, so I'll just wait for a sale when it will be even less.

Not bad, but not for me.

1 year ago

Wow, i thought Groupees died. been ages since i got a bundle there.

1 year ago

I really miss it there. I miss IndieGala too. Both of them have been limping on, maybe unable to make deals with devs and put together bundles with decent games. Even HB has gone down in quality and the heyday of bundles is gone, but some of the best bundles I remember finding were from the smaller sites like Groupees. Glad it's still online and would love to see a comeback.

Edit: I kinda liked the community there too. Individual bundle pages used to have chat windows; people waiting on new ones or debating purchases could chat with one another. It was a nice touch.

1 year ago

Most sad about Humble Bundle. That one is still kicking, but not like it used to. Can't remember the last time i got a bundle there

1 year ago

I think Groupees stopped for a while because they had supplier issues, apparently their suppliers are in Ukraine? Something like that, anyway

1 year ago

Same here. They had these "Early Access" Bundles I LOVED, because you got a kind of mystery bag, as you never knew IF and WHEN the games would release and if they are good or not. But you supported the developers and Groupees ALWAYS delivered the keys, even if the game was released YEARS later! :D
Their account management was ahead of the time as well and the atmosphere just nice :)
So it would be great, if they work together with smaller developers and have hidden gems bundles again.
(I still have so many coins I could never use, tho ^^')

1 year ago

It started at $10 and they increased the price lol

1 year ago

Yikes more expensive than the keyshop prices

1 year ago

Yeah.. I could just get the 2 I need for around $4. Groupees bundles are no longer "deals"

1 year ago

Where?

1 year ago

Can't give exact links, against the rules here.

1 year ago

No idea if it's against the rules for posting gray market stuff, but try allkeyshop. It lists gray market sites (and legit/official sites) by best price and shows fees included. It's around $5-6 for all 3 games. Groupees is charging nearly double that

1 year ago

Saw a recent post from a mod asking a member not to even name such places (even compare sites like ITAD if they offer the ability to check keys shops).

... To be clear ITAD doesn't list key shops it was just an example or a compare site.

1 year ago

Promoting allkeyshoop is not allowed, as they promote key shops. You can discuss shop per se, but not link to deals there.

So please, don't tell people to go there and check prices in key shops. We want to promote only legitimate shops with proper support and keys that come from developers or publishers.

1 year ago

Without mentioning specific grey market sites (basically unknown source of key - though it's pretty obvious if the game has recently been bundled where they are coming from) have a look at gg.deals, for example Exit the Gungeon. You can choose whether to view keyshop prices or not.

1 year ago

Linking to gg.deals is not allowed, as they promote key shops. You can discuss shop per se, but not link to deals there.

1 year ago

Why "Yikes"?
Most legit sources are more expensive than gray market.
That's not unusual.

1 year ago

Much better.
I hope they come out of their financial crisis. It is a sad that there are no more 1$/1€ bundle anywhere else. Humble Bundle has gone sour under Amazon and it makes no sense to check every week what the bundles are on sales.

1 year ago

if exit the gungeon has not been bundled,- how is it so cheap on other sites?

1 year ago

There's no region locks on codes I think, and it was originally an Apple arcade exclusive with mixed reviews, a major letdown considering how good first one was. there can't be a lot of demands.

1 year ago

no but still where was it so cheap

1 year ago

Like other people mentioned already, it's pretty suspicious that the bundle price is much higher than the prices for these games on key shops, even more so if they're bought in bulk. This argument, together with the fact that it's quite unbelievable that Paradox or Devolver would even have an actual agreement with Groupees to sell their games in a Groupees bundle makes me strongly believe that the bundles launched under the newly reborn Groupees are actually sourced from the grey market. Someone likely wants to make a quick buck by selling those keys under the "bundle" tag, just like HitSquad attempted to do a while ago (and keeps trying).

If this is the case, I'm not sure if the new Groupees should be promoted / supported further, unless they get their act together and release real bundles.

Either way, thank you for the thread.

1 year ago

i wondered why exit the gungeon was bundled here and not in say a choices - i still don't understand why or where it got so cheep for a non bundled game

1 year ago

Apparently, because their keys aren't region locked, so, people resell them on grey markets, and some suspect Groupees got them from there for this bundle.

1 year ago

yes but i still don't know where the re sellers got them first?

1 year ago

Regions where the game sells for much cheaper? I's not a very difficult concept. Some regions have cheaper prices because the average income is much lower. The game goes for a lot less in countries like Russia, Argentina and Turkey it seems.

1 year ago

Why is it 'suspicious' that prices for legit keys are higher than gray market keys?
This is a normal.

1 year ago

"Legit" as in the game keys for some of the recent bundles were given by the publisher/dev?

1 year ago

© 2022 Groupees LLC
© 2023 Shop Hacker LLC

I guess they sold it, certainly a good name now. They even edited the T&C without putting the date of the change, pretty shady.
http://web.archive.org/web/20221210183123/https://groupees.com/terms_of_service
https://groupees.com/terms_of_service

1 year ago

Groupees was acquired by Shophacker (they confirmed)

https://snipboard.io/kXpfma.jpg

1 year ago

It is a little disappointing and suspiciously shady for a big return.

1 year ago

Looks like you can't use coins either for anyone else still hoarding those. I have about $50 worth of various coins (and one with negative value, lol)

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

Looks like they've enrolled immanitas for the Itch bundles.
Though i haven't checked all the bundles ,didn't want to waste too much cash.

Like this :

Groupees (immanitas) version:
https://immanitas-ent-gmbh.itch.io/star-sky
Original version:
https://jmj.itch.io/star-sky

They do that for a lot of Itch games.

1 year ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.