Ok, I know this is quite awhile from now but maybe it's something to look forward to for some of you :)

Total War Saga: TROY will be free to claim for 24h on 13/08/2020.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/product/a-total-war-saga-troy/

ENDED

edit: you can get the Amazon DLC for free aswell. Thanks to Agilni for the Instructions & InquisitorDruss for the reminder!

"The Amazons DLC arrives in September and will be FREE with Total War Access. To claim this offer, you’ll need to link your Access and Epic Games Store accounts which you can do now if you like! To link your account, follow these steps:

Click on My Account in the upper navigation bar
Click on the Epic Connect logo and log in with your Epic account credentials
Grant permission to connect Access to your Epic account
“Account Connected” will be displayed in My Account screen
When Amazons DLC is available, follow instructions from the in-game menu to claim"
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

and EPIC Store exclusivity for one year.

3 years ago

nice

3 years ago

No point to grab it without workshop mods. Nearly all of these games better with mods but epic really raging on new methods, looks like timed exclusives not working to pull in actual buyers only free game finder invading store when new free games around, so now they trying to make games free on release day, let's see how it will work, perhaps they will soon understand that they need to add essential features to their DRM to make it good.

EDIT: I am curious how much need to pay SEGA for breaking steam agreement as now they cant create a store page without agreeing that they release the same time than on other PC platforms, or does EPIC pays valve the fee directly?

3 years ago*

Fortnite money pays all the fees that could possibly exist. It's a good thing in the long run perhaps. They'll operating at a loss and one day Fortnite money will run out . No way in hell is anyone,even the biggest Epic shills out there buying more games on the store then claiming freebies.

3 years ago

Epic used to make money off of UE, I`m sure they still do and I suppose they always will.

3 years ago

^ This. Epic makes a crapton of money from Unreal Engine licensing, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

3 years ago

get your facts right....

3 years ago

What Steam agreement did they break? There is a store page up on Steam for the game and it says coming 2021. Don't see anything being broken here.

3 years ago

I suppose it's about https://www.gamebyte.com/new-steam-policy-could-mean-games-cant-become-exclusives-elsewhere/ ?
I don't see that stuff in https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store though (didn't search exhaustively).

3 years ago

If the entire modding community is playing the Epic version, maybe mods will originate elsewhere like nexusmods.
I'll agree it's not as convenient as the one click workshop, but at a cost of 0 for the base game I'm sure a lot of modders won't bother buying the Steam version.

3 years ago

Free to claim? Perhaps you could buy it as EPIC store exclusivity

3 years ago

grab dn keep

3 years ago

Epic is paying for every single copy we redeem so even if you won't be playing it there remenber that claiming it cost epic 60$/60€

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

You're right, but still it's 52,8$/52,8€ for each copy

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

"Secondly, Epic were paying for our players to have our latest release free on day one."

3 years ago

That doesn't imply that it is full price for every single copy by all means.
It's far more likely that Epic simply pays a fixed total price or a combination of a guaranteed minimum plus a cheaper per copy price.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

there is nothing of concrete in OP post, it`s just fanboysm

3 years ago

I think they probably purchased the publishing rights for a year like they did for other titles for a fixed sum. So no, I doubt they care about individual sales.

3 years ago

One way or another they are paying for the copies a plain exclusivity deal on epic seems to be anywhere between 2 and 10 million dollars so a exclusivity deal with a free release day should be much more than that...

3 years ago

That's what I mean, it doesn't matter how many copies people buy, Epic already paid a fixed amount for this.

3 years ago

It doesn’t work that way. Epic paid X million, and that’s all sega gets no matter how many copies are given away.
There’s probably a maximum number of copies that can be given away but a number epic is unlikely to hit

3 years ago

lol more bull.... get your facts right

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Wow nice, thanks for the heads up!

3 years ago

No workshop so no mods, no guides, no reviews, no achievements, no forums, no nothing. If you want to play, just pirate it, don't support this anticonsumer company. Most likely game will be trash anyway as 90% of their exclusives, so it's no wonder why it's free. F*CK EPIC!

3 years ago

Being exclusive has nothing to do with quality. One is a business decision the other is a creative one, so no need to blame the devs.

3 years ago

Being exclusive means devs don't care about the quality, because they don't care about customers and sales. do you remember Rune 2? just released as pre-alpha version and devs run away. Paranoia was worse, also Predator, Bee simulator and many other games. they just don't care because no one can review on store page and most likely no one is buying them as well

3 years ago

The devs of Control cared, the devs of Untitled Goose Game cared, the devs of Observation or Ashen or Satisfactory etc all cared. Exclusive deals usually happen when a game is already almost complete, so the deal has basically no influence on the game design.

3 years ago

If they actually cared then they wouldn't be allowing their products to become exclusives.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

If your issue is with exclusivity, you might as well condemn all devs who exclusively sell on Steam and don't use any other platform.

3 years ago

You're ignoring the actual argument. Distribution is seperate from development, and business decisions like releasing on EGS happen at the end of the cycle anyway. So, what you're saying is developers can make a brilliant game for 5 years, but because they decide (or it was decided for them) to release on EGS they retro-actively didn't care about the quality of their game for the last 5 years? Sure. ;)

3 years ago

Well said!

3 years ago

The game would automatically be bad due to exclusivity deals since the devs are scum to let them selves do that to customers.

3 years ago

The quality of the game itself does not depend on the launcher it needs to start. By your logic a game can be a masterpiece on Steam - and then suddenly the exact same game can turn into complete garbage if they decide to swittch to Epic later on. Obviously doesn't make sense. But you're not interested in making sense, are you. Why not criticise stuff that is actually worthy of it? Exclusivity or lack of features is worthy of debate. Your statement is not. It's just plain false.

3 years ago

It would only be garbage if there was an exclusivity deal. The games should be on every platform equally. With exceptions to first party games like Mario games.

3 years ago

In my example the dev decides to switch to Epic exclusively. Sorry if that was not clear enough. Brilliant game on Steam, leaves Steam and goes to Epic, suddenly the game is total garbage. That's your logic. If you didn't mean it that way - well, then don't say it that way.

Mario and other console exclusives are a completely different matter. Consoles are actual exclusivity. You need to buy a piece of hardware for hundreds of euros in order to be able to play those games. Launchers on PC are what I call soft exclusivity. You can absolutely play those games with your hardware. All you need to do is use another free launcher. Soft exclusivity really doesn't prevent you from playing the game. It's not nearly as bad of an issue as hardware exclusivity. Those two are so different, they can't even be compared in my opinion.

And if you wanted to compare them, then it wouldn't look good for consoles. Because both Nintendo and Sony (and most likely Microsoft as well, just can't think of an example right now) have actually paid for third-party exclusives numerous times! If you are so extremely against exclusivity, then I hope you never bought any of their consoles to support that.

The only other downside of soft exclusivity is that your choices of where to buy a game are a bit more limited. Not every webstore has Epic keys (yet). But let's be real, that was never a problem for you. I am sure you own a lot of games that are only available on Steam. And some of them might even be distributed only via Steam store. That was never a problem. You only have a problem with launcher exclusivity if it's a specific one.

3 years ago

The dev is creative assembly. They make the best game they can
The publisher is sega. They bankroll development and decide how best to earn a profit.

Separate entities. Separate functions

3 years ago

Lies. God of War, Spiderman PS4, and the new Zelda all suck. Haven't you heard?
Not that it helps me since i got no consoles and Sony is going down the drain. Here's hoping for the Quantic Dream/Horizon/Death Stranding threatment.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

This just in:essential PC gaming features B L O A T
back to sucking off tim sweeney vermin

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Can buy you the no mods part. Achievements are on their way for the launcher but, why do you consider esential reviews, forums and guides? You can literally google them and find all the info you need. Not gona lie, Steam Workshop is like one of the best features Steam has.

3 years ago

why do you consider esential reviews, forums and guides?

Where are you going to post your useless meme-reviews and how are you going to review-bomb the game when the devs says on twitter that your favorite youtuber isn't awesome xD ?

3 years ago

Oh shit you are right, meme reviews are like one of the best Steam features

3 years ago

Thanks for your eternal wisdom lol, you're really mad :D

3 years ago

Butthurt much. It's a free game. Achievements are coming soon, mod support is coming soon and you can still use nexus if it has mods for the game, reviews can be found all over the internet and they do show open critic scores, and you'll probably be able to find a guide somewhere on the internet.

Also why pirate when the damn game is going to be free. This is just a stupid comment. Oh, I forgot Epic bad cause they hurt my feelings.

3 years ago

Well, these features was on their roadmap for first 1-3 month when store launched 1,5 years ago, so "Soon" pretty subjective when we talking about Epic. Just like as Tim said, if you want reviews check other sites, if you want forum use reddit, if you want to configure your controller/VR use Steam, who cares about remote play or achievements? or any of these features other stores have? Epic is still "new" so they can't even add shopping cart yet, but indie stores have it on day one. Honestly this is just embarrassing,they force people to use barebone launcher just because they can use Tencent money and bribe publishers to release game only on their "store". 3rd party exclusives on PC? What's next, paid multiplayer maybe? why should I support Epic?

3 years ago*

Most likely game will be trash anyway as 90% of their exclusives

Why do the EGS-haters always have to do this. You can criticise them for several things (and even I think at least some of that is absolutely justified), but why do you have to go over the top here? This is obviously nonsense. Most of those games would have (and in some cases already have) very positive reviews on Steam. People like them. They are obviously high quality (which is the reason why they got offered a deal in the first place). I am sure you would like some of those games that you call trash now if they were on Steam. Criticise, sure, but be honest about it.

3 years ago

Haters gonna hate, I myself am amazed with the quality of the games they are giving us for free.

3 years ago

Both things. Free to claim for 24 hours, exclusivity for one year. It's a legit bussiness model, but c'mon...

3 years ago

I wouldn't have bought it as an Epic exclusive, but for free? Why not.

3 years ago

Thanks for sharing :)

3 years ago

Usually that's the kind of deal I miss... I'll bookmark this and hope I notice it. Or maybe someone will ping me, who knows? (yes, you, if you read this while the deal is active, you know what to do 👀👀)

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Live now

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

Live now

3 years ago

Thank you! :)

3 years ago

Wow thats interesting to giveaway total war game on release date. Sega will release at least 20 dlc's anyway xD

3 years ago

Thank you, hopefully will remember to grab it when it comes out :D

3 years ago

Live now

3 years ago

Thank you! You are a good potato in my book :)

It came live earlier than I expected, but it's done now <3

3 years ago

I wonder if their services will be able to handle it this time XD

3 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up, guess I'll have to make an alarm.

3 years ago

This would be good but wouldn't it bring epic servers down like that time when they announced GTA 5 for free ?

3 years ago

Too bad not permanently.

3 years ago

No I don't think so, people who are interested in gta are way more than those who are interested in total war series

3 years ago

is it free to keep or not ?

3 years ago

It is, if you claim it in the first 24h

3 years ago

It was like counter meassuring if some player doesn't like the game they refund it, so they give it free in 1 day

3 years ago

I have so many free games from Epic but they didn't get $0.01 from me yet. So.... lets keep that ball rolling. I might actually play something from their launcher one day?

3 years ago

In my case same thing applied to Steam for a very long long time (almost 3 years since I made my steam account).

I know I will buy from Epic games, once they allow consumers to make purchases via localized currency.

3 years ago

3 years ago

3 years ago

3 years ago

The right way is to paste the url without the language part and you'll get it in your local language automatically:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/product/a-total-war-saga-troy/home

3 years ago

This is nice to know :)

3 years ago

I don't understand this.

3 years ago

Next game which I will play on Epic :). Currently play "Into The Breach". This was surprising. Important not to forgot about this date:)).

Wait it is 13/08 not 13/06 :)? Entered wrong day in my phone calendar:). All the time I read it on many portals, I wrongly read 13/06/2020 ;)

3 years ago

So i suppose you have enough time to find your other next game to play:)

3 years ago

Ok but we all know deep down that Medieval II Total war is the best one...

with Divide and Conquer submod

3 years ago

Don’t know about the mod, but yes, medieval II is the best

3 years ago

its basically a lord of the rings mod, but really detailed with a developer team that is still bring out updates

3 years ago

Kingdoms mod is better

3 years ago

Isn't Kingdoms just the DLC that came out for it?

3 years ago

Expansion. Arguably the greatest expansion ever. It was 4 times as large as the original game

3 years ago

Can someone reply to me in a month?
I'm bound to forget

3 years ago

2 days!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

3 years ago