why doesn't Sunset Overdrive work? It is supposed to be included?

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you join the Windows Insider program and update Windows to the latest beta version?

4 years ago

Interesting, grabbed the $1 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Which includes Xbox PC gamepass)
Looked at multiple month costs and it was more to buy multiple months then to buy the equivalent single months.
NZ$19.95 for 1 month
NZ$59.95 for 3 months (3 single months comes to $59.85)
6 and 12 months were the same ($20 * number of months, minus 5 cents - which means the more months I purchase the less value it is).

4 years ago

Nice. Thank you.

4 years ago

I thought people hating on the Windows store was people just being irrational but holy crap what a piece of junk...

4 years ago

If anyone gets a blue screen of death I found it was because I had malwarebytes installed which caused problems. Removed it and everything fine using the windows store/beta app etc.

4 years ago

To whom it may concern, I reached out to the xbox support and asked when this offer will end. They said that currently this offer has no fixed end, they will decide it in the near future

4 years ago

I got game pass ultimate for 1 month and it says I still need to pay $1 to get the xbox for PC games pass games...

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

4 years ago

I got this for State of Decay and it's good. I love the mechanics of that game.

4 years ago

Yea I loved the first one and enjoying the second.

4 years ago

Anyone know the difference between Free(+)/Included(+) with Game Pass?

4 years ago

I just came to ask the same thing... The lack of transparency about what their iconography means makes the list meaningless.

I'd love to just know what the difference is between "free" and "included", let alone "free+" and "included+".

4 years ago

I'm not sure about the difference between Free/Included but I think the + may refer to games with additional DLC in some way.

4 years ago

Meanwhile we were all fixated on the Epic game Store but this is the real competitor to Steam. If they keep adding games and don't up the price too much I may be inclined to stop buying all those games.

4 years ago

subscription works not for everyone, and got own problems

4 years ago

Phil Spencer has been very positive about working with both Valve and GoG. Their engineers actually played a major part in designing GoG Galaxy 2.0.

It is thought that Xbox Game Pass may come to Steam and GoG in the future too,

4 years ago

I don't think so, maybe GoG will just offer a friendly "interface" for the pass, but monthly subscription with drm free games ? It's not going to happen

4 years ago

If you guys are cheap you can pretty much get this perpetually for free with some clicking about in Bing searches. Look up Microsoft rewards, it is what a couple of my kids are doing to get this for 'free'.

4 years ago

Not available in some countries, sadly

4 years ago

If it where avalible in my country i will completely dish google in favor of bing.

At least until i get the free month

4 years ago*

Deleted

4 years ago

Jumped in straight away just to play We Happy Few. Unfortunately controller support does not work. Tried to delete the app and install again, no luck. Same problem with the next game so cancelled again. Such a pitty as I really wanted to play We Happy Few for a dollar.

4 years ago

After installing the Xbox program, my 360 controller was blinking at me and not working. I just had to manually reinstall the wireless receiver. https://windowsreport.com/xbox-360-controller-not-working-windows-10/

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

It says there are five days left on the discount for me - maybe that's an Australian thing.

4 years ago

Says the same for Canada.

4 years ago

EU / Hungary, same.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

A little bump to thank to the OP. I would have never found out about this without the thread, and I've since gotten hooked on State of Decay 2. I liked the original despite the grind, and this one was no exception. Plus I got to discover a way to play Phantom Dust without a console, have Crackdown queued up for curiosities sake, and now no longer need to wonder what Vampyr is like. Not bad for less than £1, haha.

4 years ago

Phsntom dust was released in PC. I have it

4 years ago

Yeah, but I never realised this because Microsoft kept it on their platform. I didn't even realised State of Decay 2 was a thing until shortly before I bought the game pass, haha :)

4 years ago

You have lots of new games coming to Game Pass

0:16 - My Time at Portia

0:50 - Games Coming Announcements (Unavowed, Bad North, Machinarium, Timespinner, Undertale)

2:31 - Blair Witch (a sitdown with Bloober Team)

5:51 - Pathologic 2 and Secret Neighbor (a sitdown with tinyBuild)

7:55 - a sitdown with Devolver Digital (Broforce, RUINER, Hotline Miami, The Messenger, Hatoful Boyfriend)

10:28 - Way to the Woods (Anthony Tan)

11:49 - Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus - NIcolas Guérin)

13:11 - Creature in the Well (Flight School Studio - Adam Volker)

14:33 - UnderMine (Thorium Entertainment - Derek Johnson)

15:43 - Star Renegades (Massive Damage - Ken Seto and Jacqueline Joy)

16:59 - Gameplay Highlights (Totally Accurate Battle SImulator, Unto the End, Night Call, Felix the Reaper, Dead Static Drive, Ikenfell)

17:45 - More Games Coming (Worms W.M.D, For the King, GoNNER, The Banner Saga 3, Yoku's Island Express)

all these are coming soon, but I'm not sure when.

Supposedly it's going to be soon

4 years ago

Awesome!

The only drawback to this entire thing is that the internet connection where I live at the moment is pretty bad, so downloading large titles on a timed subscription pass can be tricky, but it's a hell of a lot better than most free weekends where I can end up with only an hour or two left to try a game, haha. Well, the only drawback beyond requiring Windows 10. As much as I realise I should be migrating, my main HDD runs Windows 7 and it's always a pain to get a new install to feel like 'home'.

One dollar was an absolute steal for this subscription, and given the variety of games I think that $4 is still a solid price. I mean, I have a backlog I should be working on but there are some solid titles here.

4 years ago

is anyone knows how to move / backup-restore windows store games to different pc?

4 years ago

The saves aren't visible

4 years ago

I'm afraid you can't. I tried this using my laptop because my main computer at my house is in a bad area for internet connection (the phone wiring in the area is pretty old), so planned to download it elsewhere and then transfer it over.

Sadly, as part of the modern ethic of taking away full user control to 'give a more streamlined experience' that Windows10 has, it prevents you from transferring windows store content across computers. Even if you alter the security settings on the hidden windows-store folders, attempting to migrate them to a different computer will simply give deny you while citing that you do not have permissions. Not permissions on a local admin scale, but permissions in terms of "this content is deployed only to this install identity".

If you want to transfer them you might have to do some kind of command-line magic from dos or outside of Windows10, but even then the destination computer will likely reject it, as that will be running W10 too. :/

4 years ago

just take the folder ownership to your local account, worked for me

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-metro-apps-folder-location

4 years ago

Are you specifically saying that you were able to transfer windows 10 app store content out?
Because I wrestled with security/ownership settings and still got hardblocked. Being able to see and interact with the folder but refusal to transfer out of the computer.

4 years ago

yes you are right! you cant copy files from apps folder, but why you care so much save files are located in appdata folder see my post above.

EDIT ooops forgot about panduwii comment he wanted to transfer the games

a bootable hirens boot cd will do the trick or a bootable linux

EDIT2
Managed to transfer files from my secondary Windows app folder located in my non sdd disk(still needs to take ownership)

some files seems to be locked by system account and cant be copied

LAST EDIT
you need to take ownership for every file and folder to be able to copy the whole game form windows app folder

i am tired good night and good luck Uroboros

4 years ago*

https://imgur.com/tgLYs7e
2 days left, lol.

4 years ago

Can i transfer my saves to steam if i buy the same game there later?

4 years ago

I don't think so

4 years ago

Depends on the game. Something like ARK shouldnt be possible since its a modified version of it. Others like vampyr and whatnot should as long as you can find the save location, which can have access restricted so you will need to work a bit to get it.

4 years ago

+1 most of those ms store game saves are located in appdata folder

Slay the Spire
C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local\Packages\HumbleBundle.SlayTheSpire_q2mcdwmzx4qja

also for Everspace
Everspace save file location
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\ROCKFISHGames.EVERSPACE_wm11qtfe9fmzj\SystemAppData\wgs\0009000002CBA1A7_161D0100B62D47B98A16B0F339BE5903\E809B0D1FC5A49C6A94B5210199FAFCA
files need to be renamed
22D7F7B9CF4947F6AFFD2BB480C1113D to CurrentPlayerSave.sav "big file"
630322795E5441BEB342FEA1B029B4B5 to CurrentPlayerSave_Backup.sav "big file"
3509D5B6235444B5AB368784A52FA3A7 to CurrentRunSave.sav "small file"
FBF28A635E7642ABB1C84090B8371E78 to CurrentRunSave_Backup.sav "small file"

4 years ago*

it picked up my steam save for Hollow Knight when i i tried it

4 years ago

Do you get achievements, playing with Game Pass titles on PC? If yes, also for not Xbox/PC exclusive games, like Wolfenstein 2 and Metro Exodus?

4 years ago

you can go to the game page to see if they support achievements or not

4 years ago

Nice, thanks

4 years ago

For every game the achievement list is the same on Xbox and PC.

4 years ago

Can i stop payment and hold the first month without wait?

4 years ago

you can stop re-occuring payments

4 years ago

ty

4 years ago

Couple of hours to go!

4 years ago*

😭 not available here, already tested with gift card but need eligible backup payment

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.