Her Story
Sorcery! 4
Burly Men at Sea

$6 Tier:

Lumino City
Samorost 3

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you care at all about games for mobile platforms (Android/iOS)?

View Results
I love mobile gaming!
I hate mobile gaming!
I love mobile gaming, but I don't like getting games outside of the main app stores (Google/Apple/Amazon).
I love Humble, but I'm disappointed that games from Humble mobile bundles don't get updated that often, if at all.
Where is the regular PC bundle?! I don't care about mobile games!
Bring back mobile games to the GameDeals subreddit!
I'm not sure whether I care about this or not. Let me think about it and get back to you.
Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoned Crinkle Cut Fries
Arby's Seasoned Curly Fries
Checkers/Rally's Crispy Seasoned Famous Fries

I voted for "I hate mobile gaming", maybe because I have a mobile unable to play those games (or pretty much any game) or maybe because I don't see the mobile as a "gaming portable console".

7 years ago

+1 so much I had to double check I hadn't already commented

7 years ago

I wonder how point'n'click titles work on mobile devices. Tablets are probably fine, but I can't imagine playing something like Machinarium on a small phone screen.

7 years ago*

P & C and tablet are a match made in heaven.

7 years ago

Indeed, P&C and some TD games are some of the few I actually prefer playing on another platform than PC

7 years ago

Man, I hope they add the PC version of Samorost 3 to a Humble Bundle at some point

7 years ago

Where's option for "I have Windows Phone"

It's not like I care about else but calls/texts, email is nice tho

7 years ago

My bad, I totally forgot about that. This is why we need a way to edit or reboot a poll.

7 years ago

Not sure why people would hate mobile gaming. I personally hate the greedy assholes that make the Farmville styled money-grubby games though.

But, if people hate the idea of playing Rockstar's games on their mobile or having stuff like Kingdom Rush, The Room, Grim Fandango and Her Story on their mobile device then... fine, I guess.
I just find it extremely exclusionary and pretty harmful for gaming in general.

But that's just me. Hate all y'all want! :D

7 years ago

I HATE YOU NOW! <3

7 years ago*

...words hurt :(

7 years ago

It's the most interesting option. Check "i don't care" versus "i hate mobile gaming"
Woahhh, the 2nd one has more strength! EMOTIONAL POWER

7 years ago

MAKE OPINION LOOK STRONK! STRONK LIKE OX! >:(

7 years ago

There are definitly some good games for mobiles, but also an insane amount of trash. But I don't think that's the main reason why people hate mobile gaming. When you're used to a pc or console (or both), playing on a mobile just feels... weird. The controls are often weird or unresponsive (if it's not a game where you just have to click stuff) and the screen being so small doesn't really help either.

And because of the limitations of mobile gaming (although those limitation are going away now) games tend to be pretty small and get boring pretty quickly. One of those limitations (probably the biggest) is the limited storage capacity. Unless you spend a lot of money on a big card, you can only really have a couple of games installed at any given time.

7 years ago

I know mobile's worse, but in all fairness, you could say the same thing with Steam.
Half of the games seem to be awful. Most of the rest are barely ok and the rest are the good ones. I know, the ratios aren't the same for the storefronts, but I'd say that it's comparable.

The controls are... odd at first. I agree. But t think that it falls under the "some games are better with this control scheme".
Point and click + puzzle games are the best if you use a touch screen.
FPSs and other stuff like that suck with it.
The gyroscope found in most devices is great for racing games as well. As to the small screen, it's mobile. The whole point is that it's small and portable. Now, some screens are too small. I don't have large hands, so I never had this problem. The same problem's in using a controller or a keyboard/mouse. Small hands might make you less capable of using the whole keyboard efficiently. Same with the controller. A lot of my friends find it hard to use the PS4 controller. It's just too small for them. But you can always get used to it. It'll take a while and whether it's worth it is your own opinion.

As to small games... you have a point for sure. Usually the games are easy to learn, sometimes hard to master. The reason why they don't get boring is that a lot of phone games are designed for short bursts, not for hours of entertainment.
With a portable console, you're taking it with you for the reason of gaming. With phones, you take it with you for a number of reasons, gaming being one of them. So, most people won't really have time for core games on their phones. Maybe a mission in GTA 3. Maybe a few levels in Candy Crush. Things like that. The demographics are very different for those devices.

As to the limited storage capacity, you could bring that up with the consoles as well. Games take 50GB sometimes and it's hard to fit more than 4-5 games on your 250GB console. There are smaller games but so does mobile. It can go from 50MB to 3GB (highest I've seen at least. GTA 3 is less than a GB).

There are issues, sure. But there are also issues with the computer and the consoles.

Shitty marketplaces? Consoles don't have that issue mostly. (Curation and so on)
Best control schemes and customizability? PCs take that front.
Best portability? Mobiles have taken that role.

But again, you bring up a very fair point. In most cases, those issues are slowly fading though.

7 years ago

Cook, Serve Delicious is so incredibly well done for touchscreens that I have doubts the PC version will be just as handy to play (I recently started playing it on phone, and haven't on PC yet)

7 years ago

On the PC, CSD is interesting.
It's pretty much a typing game. Every item has a key assigned to it and you basically just have to memorize it.
They utilized the keyboard surprisingly well in that one.

7 years ago

I would tend to agree with that assessment. The thing I hate though is when stuff like a free-to-play (or worse, pay-to-win) format is used and it compromises the game (which is all too often) because microtransactions and gouging or 'nickel-and-diming' players gets in the way of the inherent design. Traditionally I'm of the opinion that I would rather pay for something up front and get access to a full experience rather than have monetary considerations affect the game design and experience throughout. That's a big turnoff for me and is 'all-too-common' on mobile. It's also why I am kind of anemic to most f2p games on PC as well.

7 years ago*

I doubt that anyone like them. It's just a necessary evil that went way overboard.
People didn't like paying on mobile. Fair enough.
So, microtransactions came in. People were inclined to pay more for something they'd already invested time into.
Companies went insane: started putting MTAs everywhere and made them almost mandatory.

Like with everything, it starts off well, goes too far, soon people will change it and it'll start all over again.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Voted for hate mobile gaming... though i actually love it. Its just that seemingly 99% of the games in the appstores are f2p crap and there is real content lacking...

7 years ago

getting this bundle since i enjoyed sorcery 1 on my nvidia shield tablet (also have 2 and 3, but only just started 2). also enjoyed samorost 1 and 2 on steam. i'll probably play most of these on steam for the achievements, but adventure is one of my favorite genres.

none of the poll options matched my attitude toward mobile bundles, so i voted for my favorite fries.

7 years ago

Sorcery 2 is quite fun :D I spent several hours playing swindle dice but got sidetracked near the end.

7 years ago

Would love that bundle without the mobile aspect. 😕
All great games, lots of wishlisted games, but just not for my phone/tablet. 🙃

7 years ago

Not too much interested in Humbles mobile bundles, nevertheless this Tier 1 is fantastic. Don't know the mobile port but Grim Fandango and Machinarium are among the very best adventures available (imho NOTHING beats Grim Fandango).

Overall I would say while enjoying both, I prefer PC games for PC and mobile games for mobile. I don't like these fusion things. Especially with original for PC released adventures I would fear that these are somehow simplified for mobile.

7 years ago*

I gave away my copy of Kathy Rain from the Monthly so I'll probably get T1. Not sure if my ancient Galaxy 3 can handle it but if San Andreas works this should be fine too.

7 years ago

I would like to game in mobile, except I cant. I have a Iphone 5c and when i tried games, it sucked hard.

PVZ = Wouldnt register my right thumb most of the times, only the left (and both would help a huge deal)
Fallout Shelter = Dragging people around is suuuuuuuuuuuch a pain, oh lawd please make it stop. Why, why? And you drag people alot in this game.
Simcity = Dragging lines would never be 100% straight, placement would be iffy sometimes and I couldnt revert (probably due to tutorial).

And i hate typing too, many times I will hit the wrong key. I guess the phone dont like my fat crabby fingers or something. I wondered if there was a sensitivty thing I could change but apparently not.

7 years ago

Point and click with english only .... not for me. Too bad they don't put other language.

7 years ago

Wish it was "PC and mobile" since I have no mobile and all these games are available on PC. Although I already own most of them so whatever. Great selection nonetheless, but Sorcery 4 doesn't make much sense without playing 1-3 first so it's kind of weird they included it.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

I have 5" Xiaomi phone, probably not for me. I have iPad Air but hell this one is Android bundle. xD

7 years ago

Well, if you're interested in the games, you could always use Bluestacks!

7 years ago

I'd rather read ebooks on mobile when given opportunity. (or some escape room games :-))
Also, for mobile market, those aren't great prices... almost all have been cheaper on PC.
Thanks for heads-up.

7 years ago

Hate mobile games. Don't understand how someone can enjoy playing on a such small screen.
The games are good though. If they were steam keys, I'd buy tier 3 even not being able to afford it atm. lol

7 years ago

I sort of half agree, however certain games still work well even on a small screen (like PvZ) and there are always Android tablets too.

7 years ago

Still too small. I find my 32' screen too small. lol

7 years ago

I have so many of the mobile bundles from HB that I already have some of these games (Machinarium... Sorcery...) and the ones I don't I have on Steam.

If Burly Men at Sea were in the dollar category I would have at least gone for that, though.

7 years ago

I like the idea of platform independent games. But for now there weren't many updates on the mobile games I bought. :(
If there would be a possibility to activate these games additionally via Google Play would be awesome and therefore always having the latest updates would be awesome.

PS: It's a nice game selection!

7 years ago*

anyone know if these games will work on amazon fire tv?

7 years ago

I would have paid for those... on Steam.

7 years ago

I think it is a very good collection of fine games, only I have almost all on Steam already, Can't justify buying it only for Burly men at sea, even though that looks awfully nice.

7 years ago

butbutbut you can't play steam games on mobile

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.