Aaaah! Friday the 13th is coming!

Better solve this puzzle before that day is over!
Careful though, there is a creepy presence around, lurking, stalking, protecting what you seek.

If you get out of this alive, you might have a chance to get the following games
Layers of Fear - Masterpiece Edition
DreadOut
+ DLC
+ Keepers of the Dark

Best of luck!

Hint 1 - A famous name has been replaced. Can you spell it out?
Hint 2 - Do you know this man? Perhaps his house?
Hint 3 - Take a close look at the letters that were replaced. They should spell out the last name of the man in the above picture and therefore tell you in which order to read the code

Edit: It took me 36 minutes to complete the puzzle, and I made sure everything is solvable.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Already own them but have a bump

5 years ago

36min? Um... 1:17 for me.

5 years ago

Bump for solving step 1. Still puzzled for step 2.

5 years ago

Bump for first step as well. Tried a bunch of things on second step, but no dice.

5 years ago

Layers of fear is awesomely made. And this is coming from a guy who grew up on Silent Hill and Resident Evil games back in the day (the first installments :D ) and also a guy who, thanks to that, cannot be easily scared, and more importantly - creeped out, but this game uses its sound and atmosphere the best it can and does an awesome job at it.

5 years ago

Hint 1 added!

5 years ago

Bump for solved. Didn't enter any, though.

5 years ago

Damn I feel so dumb. Found what I needed for step 2 now but somehow can't make it work

5 years ago

A very valuable hint was added!

5 years ago

"Still clueless but not giving up" bump

5 years ago

New Hint Added!

I'm sorry that this has got so many people confused, sometimes puzzles seem so obvious when we design them, but they actually are not

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Bump for solved!

5 years ago

Bump for solved! Wait, I created it...

5 years ago

Fun puzzles, knew the guy instantly from his picture, can't say much more without giving him away though :p Quick question though, I'm pretty sure I have the second puzzle answer but I'm not sure what the game is called...DreadOut, DreadOut Collection, DreadOut Bundle? can't seem to get any of them to work to complete the url... :( my brain is fragged today though, need more sleep and less kids.

5 years ago

You don't need the name of the game once you have the code, you can simply insert the code where the XXXXX is:
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/XXXXX/
Glad you liked the puzzle :D!

5 years ago

omfg dude, I was spelling his last name wrong, I didn't even check! I was so certain it was spelt that way that I just presumed I was doing something wrong, must have double and triple checked 50 times before I actually decided to google the name and boom. I'm not even sure why I was so certain I knew how it was spelt! anyway cheers for the tip with the url, I didn't know you didn't need the game name for it to work...well I supposed it didn't help that the order of my 5 characters was wrong too...what an idiot! lol

5 years ago

Bump for solved

5 years ago

Bump for solved

5 years ago

Thanks for the puzzle:)
Have a nice bump;)

5 years ago

Bump

5 years ago

Bump.

The jigsaw was a bit tricky with white backround and all the dark colors. Dark background helped tho ^_^.
Thanks for the hints, would have taken a lot more work without them.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.