There are a few games in the IndieGala bundle I am interested in getting, but is it worth me saving the extra cents and using my credit card instead of PayPal. I've never brought from them before so don't really know how trustworthy they are.
EDIT - New problem, I just purchased a bundle using Paypal and got an error in checkout. Now I have been charged and haven't received the games!!
EDIT2: Problem has been resolved. PayPal was at fault, they found the payment that mistakenly went through and refunded it to me. I just repurchased the bundle using my credit card instead just before and it works :) Thanks for the advice everyone :P

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Should I trust IndieGala with my credit card details?

View Results
Yes
No, use PayPal

They use the same thing as Humble Bundle. So it should be trustworthy.

9 years ago

Never had an issue, but when major retailers manage to not have enough security to protect your data, (Target, Kmart, Walgreens, etc) really its a risk anytime you use it, regardless of where.

9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^

9 years ago

point taken

9 years ago

I'm pretty sure that there's a risk no matter what. Never heard anyone complain about it. Besides, I use an alternate form of payment.

9 years ago

If you want to use your credit card so bad why wouldn't you just use it through PayPal?

9 years ago

Indiegala is a safe site to use credit card or if you afraid do it through paypal. I buy all the bundles from indiegala!

9 years ago

Ever came across an error in checkout and not received your games? Just happened to me!

9 years ago

Yes it did to me and had to submit a support ticket to them to fix it.

9 years ago

Well at least someone else has had a similar problem. I sure do hope that they can find the payment that was sent and get me my games :O

9 years ago

I once had a problem where the email I entered on the site (before it redirected to paypal) had a typo in it, and I had to wait on a support ticket response but they sorted it out for me.

It might be worth checking any spam filters you have set up too.

9 years ago

A lot of credit card companies have "Virtual Credit Card" feature which lets you to specify your limit and safely shop online.

9 years ago

New problem, I just purchased a bundle using Paypal and got an error in checkout. Now I have been charged and haven't received the games!!

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

Attempted to cancel and it just redirected to the homepage. Just contacted support, hope they respond :/

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I brought (well paid for but didn't receive xD) the Friday Special Bundle on the homepage as it has some games on my wishlist. I hope that I can get those games in the end. Was looking foward to playing them :P

9 years ago

What concerns me is that Paypal said the Credit Card was rejected, not IngieGala so I have no clue where the money disappeared off to :/

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Just contacted PayPal and my credit card company in hope that I can pinpoint where the money went. Since I am in NZ, I usually get charged the paypal fee, the original cost, and a USD to NZD fee. I did get charged these from paypal just before because I reconise the way it charged me, but better to check it out (haha pun there) and find out what has gone wrong.

9 years ago

Just heard back from Paypal. They made an error and refunded me. Just re-brought the bundle and all is good :)

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

no response from indiegala yet - almost tempting to try and repurchase lol

9 years ago

I purchased one bundle and it showed me error and took my money. While I was writing to support, I checked my account and found that games are there. Have you checked?

9 years ago

Yep - definitely no games there.

9 years ago

Sorry to hear that.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Really? That only happened to me once, and support gave me a new one when I complained.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I don't remember, I think I mailed that same adress.
However, I did that back when they still had the old redeem system. Back then the dupped keys gave an error code.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I pay everything through paypal, I don't see any reason for not using it when you have the option. Giving your data to only one company sounds safer to me.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I've never had a problem like that with ANY of the bundle sites I've used...and I've used almost all of them as far as I know

9 years ago

I've certainly never encountered this with Humble Bundle ;) I hope it gets resolved.

9 years ago

Never had a real issue, but the support was useless and rude to me.

9 years ago

I had similar issue with Indie Gala. I contacted their support and they added the bundle to my account. There is no need to contact PayPal or chargeback the payement. Just provide them with your transaction id and they will fix it for you.

9 years ago

I'd say yes they are safe, but as a general rule I always use PayPal whenever it's an option.

9 years ago

A simple solution: check spam folder. I had some games once (either from HB or IndieGala) marked as spam and was anxious for a few hours about being charged for games I did not receive.

9 years ago

Nope, nothing hiding in the spam folder :'(

9 years ago

That's sad then.

9 years ago

you should b fine. bought from them before...

9 years ago

i only use bundle stars, groupee, and humble bundle myself

9 years ago

Paypal is not that good actually, I know that some people are having/had quite some problems with the company...

9 years ago

I'v bought both bundles and games from their store and never had any issues. Never had any issues with any bundle site in general actually, even when it came to getting a refund once.

9 years ago

This is the first issue I have ever encountered with a bundle site, coincidentally being the first time that I purchased from IndieGala. How they treat this problem from their end will probably decide on if I will buy from there again lol.

9 years ago

Well, i once, out of not paying attention because i was doing 20 things at once, bought the wrong bundle from them, It was in the second part of December so the Holidays may have slowed the whole things down but after an email exchange with their support, in which they were very polite and offered to either give me my money back or give me any other bundle of my choice, i got my money back. So i don't think you should be having any issues with their support. Tho i have to say, i'v never bought directly with my credit card, i always use paypal because i find paying with the CC to be too tedious, so i don't know if that may complicate things or not, tho i doubt it will.

Best of luck with getting your problem solved.

9 years ago

Thanks :P I did use paypal to process the payment, but the error occurred within paypal. The money however still was deducted from my bank account though. Not sure what is going on with it.

9 years ago

Ah then the issue is between your bank and paypal so you should contact paypal support instead, the money may have never reached IG.

9 years ago

I have contacted PayPal, my bank and IG to see if I can trace where the money ended up.

9 years ago

I once had similar problem (paid them 4.x$ for happy hour BTA, they send to my mail gift of 1$ tier of another bundle) so yes, they have sometimes some problems with processing payments and sending right stuff. Took few days fpr reply from their support, but got the right bundle. So just contact them (and add a screenie of your PayPal payment, as they will ask for it anyway).

9 years ago

Hmmmm. In this case I used PayPal but didn't use a Paypal account to process the payment. I just entered my details in manually and proceeded to pay so its a bit hard to get the record of the payment unless I can somehow get information from Chrome history or something. :/

9 years ago

When you input your card info on Paypal, an account is created for you, I think. You should have given an e-mail when doing that, I believe, try logging in with that.

9 years ago

Actually I didn't opt into getting a paypal account as it didn't interest me... opps. I usually just enter the details manually....

9 years ago

Paypal should have asked you to give an email on which to receive receipts and stuff, that email should have all the info you need. I don't think they can actually solve your issue if you don't have the transaction data to give to them. If not you may have to contact your bank or something.

9 years ago

Yes, I have attempted to contact my bank via email. I have also sent PayPal an email to see if they can find out what is going on with it. The main issue I have is that the only real evidence that I have if the money never made it to IG and stayed within paypal is the large URLS that are in history during the checkout, and obviously my CC details. :/ No emails from PayPal about the transaction being successful. Now that I have thought this though, I'm starting to think that the money never made it to IG in the first place and that the issue is within PP.

9 years ago

I'm sure you will get it sorted out with paypal don't worry . They have no reason to fuck you over for loose change and lose potential future business. Just be patient and, like others have said, don't do any chargeback :P

9 years ago

Breathes deeply*... Breathes out** - thanks I needed that :)

9 years ago

you must have put down an email while doing a payment - on this email you should have received an email from paypal with title "Your payment has been sent" or something like that, probably in your language. If you don't have this email your payment was not sent and properly registered in PayPal system so it never reached Ingie Gala. In that case either contact PayPal support about this issue or call your CC company and request chargeback (note that in that case your CC may get blacklisted on PP).

9 years ago

That would be a real shame if I lost the ability to use PayPal. :( If that ends up being the only option, I'll probably forget about the money I lost so I can still use paypal when sites only offer that one form of payment.

9 years ago

Contact their support. I've had a few issues with items not appearing on my profile after purchase and they fixed them after I mailed them about it.

9 years ago

I've sent support an email. I'll wait a few days to see what they say about it.

9 years ago

like said above - without transaction info from paypal IG support won't be able to trace your purchase so won't be able to help you. Get your transaction details first.

9 years ago

^^ as I said above
"The main issue I have is that the only real evidence that I have if the money never made it to IG and stayed within paypal is the large URLS that are in history during the checkout, and obviously my CC details. :/ No emails from PayPal about the transaction being successful. Now that I have thought this though, I'm starting to think that the money never made it to IG in the first place and that the issue is within PP."

9 years ago

i have had a long sales relationship since indiegala opened and have purchased hundreds of games through them literally , i only have had one problem with a sale and Support is Lacking for the site , i went to the steam group and ranted for two days and miraculously support answered my ticket a day after . just be careful to not purchase a 2nd bundle for yourself , for a second purchase you have to buy it as a Gift or you will not get it in your inventory (this should be made know when trying to buy a second by the site but noooooo) ..... as then support is your only hope Shudder

9 years ago

I've read about people who have attempted to purchase a bundle twice because it didn't appear to work the first time. Definitely not making that mistake :P

9 years ago

It's a real shame. Some of them might have ended up as giveaways ;)

9 years ago

Had it twice that the bitcoin value changed while in the procress of payment so it got 1 cent short, but when you contact them usually they respond. Although the last time it happened to me it said there was a payment error but i did get the bundle anyway, i informed them about it but never gotten any reply.

9 years ago

Day One: Still no sign of a response from PayPal or Indie Gala... Lol

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Crashbash111.